FORTY SIX

Confession

It took 12 hours from South Korea to UK. And it made Kai’s body really ache. However, the thoughts of Ha Neul bothers him more. He arrived at the airport and his eyes wandering around, searching for his roommate, as he was informed that his roommate will fetch him later.

And there, he saw a sign, ‘FRESH NEWBIE,JONG IN!!’

With sigh melodically coming out from his mouth, he drags his enormous luggage towards the guy who was holding the sign.

“So, you’re Kim Jong In?” he asked, in a UK accent,

“Call me, Kai.” Kai panted heavily.

“Well, I’m Adam Lawrence. Call me, Adam.” Adam introduced himself.

It is fortunate that Kai had basic in English, if not, God knows how he would survive in the battlefield.

“Let’s go, weak boy.” Adam patted Kai strongly, causing he to wobble down onto the floor.

“What did he just called me? Who do he think he is?!” Kai cursed in Korean.

And, without realizing, Kai is alone, carrying his bags without Adam helping him.


“Aigoo, I heard my little brother went for UK already?”

Geum Ha appeared during Ha Neul was leisurely eating potato chips infront of the television and immediately he caught her in a headlock.

“Yah! It hurts!” It hurts so much that Ha Neul took Geum Ha’s arms into her mouthful bite.

“Yah, you woman!” Geum Ha retreat with regrets.

“You always destruct my life.” Ha Neul mumbled.

“How’s Kai?” Geum Ha asked eagerly, as he took a seat, close next to Ha Neul.

“Don’t know. Both of you are like twins. Keep destructing my life.” Ha Neul nagged.

“It is sad to lose a brother while having a sister like you.” Geum Ha pulls Ha Neul hair, making Ha Neul to yelp in pain.

“God know what he does!” Ha Neul angered, and munched herself on a few of potato chips.


The distance between the airport and Kai’s dorm is not as far as it would. It is a 5-floored building without a lift, and Kai’s dorm is at the ground floor, luckily. As Kai walks into the building, the eyes of the males keep staring him, as if their eyes were bulging out of it capsules.

“Here is our room.” Adam directed, while throwing a bunch of keys to Kai.

“I’ve got to go. You’ll manage yourself.” And in a blink of an eye, Adam disappeared from Kai’s eyesight.

“W-which key?” Kai stuttered as he is in an utter shock.

It is a bunch and key, and everything looks the same. Not to forget his huge and heavy stuff. This is definitely not as smooth as what he had planned.


“Hey, dude! Another Asian?” a guy asked Adam, who was walking through the exit.

“Yeah, I think I’m gonna get sick of it!” Adam spitted.

“You’re damn lucky mate! Hahaha! ” His friend sarcastically laughed.


Jimin is buying a tub of ice-cream to spark some happiness for Hyeri during her break. In the meantime, he saw something shiny, which is a pair of couple ring.

“How much is it?”

“It is only $5.” The salesgirl smiled.

$5? Is it even aluminium or not, being so cheap? Jimin thought.

He realized that he and Hyeri had nothing symbolic like, couple rings, couple t-shirts, couple chain, like other couple had in common.

So, he decided to buy a pair of couple ring, with hope that Hyeri will accept it happily.

He walked into the mall happily and searched for Hyeri.

He searched thoroughly, but Hyeri was not where Jimin thought.

“Excuse me, but did you see Hyeri anywhere?” Jimin bravely asked one of the salesgirl.

“Hyeri-ssi? Try to search at the food court, I think she will be there.” The salesgirl helped.

“Thank you!” Jimin cheerfully thanked with his eye smile.

He went down to the ground floor again, and went to the food court, only to see Hyeri was in a deep sleep.

Silently, Jimin sat infront of Hyeri, without her knowing.

“Aigoo, my princess looked so exhausted.” Jimin sighed.

Being one and alone, he ate the ice-cream that he bought alone, while staring at Hyeri. A few moments after that, Hyeri did not even wake up. Jimin gave up, but he still want to put the ring on Hyeri’s finger. Gathering up his courage, he took one of Hyeri’s finger and put the ring through it.

Wow, it fit. Jimin smiled, satisfied with the ring.

He was also totally amazed, knowing the fact that Hyeri did not even budge.

Sweet dreams. Jimin soothing voice whispered softly and left the food court, leaving Hyeri, deep in her sleep.


“So, Yeol, remember when I asked you to join me returning to States?” Baekhyun asked.

Baekhyun, without any intentions to work in Seoul is always thinking about continuing his study in States. However, he didn’t want to be alone. He needs a company, and of course, the only one victim will be Chanyeol.

“States? Mother said that Dad is getting better, so…” Chanyeol scoffed.

“The probabilities are?” Baekhyun, with high hopes asked,

“80%?” Chanyeol guessed.

“Yah, we’ve been friends for so long, and you just gave me 80%? Aren’t it supposed to be 99% at least?” Baekhyun grumpily stomped his feet, acting childish infront of his friend.

“Mr.Byun. You have to realize that your life is easy, to compare with me. I have so many things to settle like—“

“Like that Kang Ha Neul?” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Can you please give up? Like that Kai. He knows how to give up, at least. Ha Neul is wasting too much time, as if she was using you. I’m tired, you know. Seeing you being suffering from all this torture,”

“It is not a torture,” Chanyeol defended,

“Then what? Is it really a haneul(heaven) for you right now then?” Baekhyun sarcastically angered.

“Just give up, or just leave her for a while. Maybe she’ll decide, who to choose, or who to marry. Let’s return to States. We’re still young. We’re just 20.” Baekhyun massage the miserable Chanyeol.

In a second, Chanyeol had to admit. What Baekhyun uttered is something that is just so true to deny.

And, maybe sometimes something that you really love is something that you really need to let go, or not?