FORTY THREE

Confession

Early in the morning where the sun dazzlingly shines bright, Ha Neul woke up with her pink pyjamas, walking down the stairs, planning her weekdays.

“Honey, why aren’t you prepared yet?” Mrs.Kang asked, who was preparing the dining table for the breakfast.

“Prepared for what?”  Ha Neul asked, blatantly, while yawning out loud.

“Omo! Watch your manners! You’re about 20 already!” Mrs.Kang scowled, watching her only daughter yawning horribly.

“Hm? You never seem to care before this.” Ha Neul take her seat at the dining table.

“You are already a young lady. Those good looking boys out there are busy looking for well-mannered girls for their life, not with that horrible manners of yours.” Mrs.Kang babbled, while putting a toast, spread with marmalade on her plate.

“But Chanyeol already had an eye for me and you guys reject him.” Ha Neul blurted ignorantly.

Mrs.Kang went silent for a while. What Ha Neul said was right. Chanyeol was the perfect guy for Ha Neul, but if only he have the perfect family. Mrs.Kang understood that every person in the world has their own ups and downs, because she had been through it on her own during her childhood. Unfortunately, her husband who is still in Jeju, Mr.Kang only been through his life, being on the peak of wealth and success. Mrs.Kang can only sigh, and stare her daughter, who is busy chomping down the toast that she prepared.

“By the way, going to my topic earlier, Dad did not tell you anything huh?” Mrs.Kang asked, while pouring herself a cup of hot chocolate.

“Nothing. Why?” Ha Neul answered, with full.

“Watch your manners, I said!” Mrs.Kang angered.

“Why?” Ha Neul asked, while gulping down her meal.

“Today, you will attend a meeting with the shareholders, to discuss about the shares and the things that they invest in, the sponsors, you will know it later,” Mrs.Kang explained.

“I just planned to spend my day with the e-network!” Ha Neul grumbled,

“Sorry, my daughter. Your dad had been busy at Jeju, he could not make it to the meeting today. So, quick quick! Take a shower and change your attire and head straight to the mall.” Mrs.Kang ordered.

“Yes, ma’am.”


Ha Neul, guided by Miss Song, went for a surveillance around the mall, to make sure the business went well.

While walking in the toiletries section,

“Shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, soap, where the hell are those brands that I always use?” a hoarse familiar voice babbled alone.

Ha Neul went to take a look and what a surprise! It was Kim Jong In busy taking a look at the shampoos on display.

“What are you doing here?” Ha Neul asked, with her hands folded, leaning on the display rack.

“Oh, look who is here!” Kai exclaimed,

“Actually, look who is actually here.” Ha Neul mocked.

“Well, I am here, why? Am I forbidden to be here?”

“No, sir. You are very welcomed here, but it is such an unusual sight to see you shopping on your own, while you have your maids to buy your supplies.” Ha Neul said.

“I just followed my instincts, and my instincts brought me here, to meet you.” Kai smiled, while taking a bow.

“Aww, so sweet.” Ha Neul mocked.

Ha Neul followed Kai’s trace to the luggage section.

“Why are you buying luggages?” Ha Neul asked, as she looked at Kai who was earnestly choosing the luggages.

“I am going to—Oh, look who is here!”

Kai’s eyes widen as he saw another familiar person in the mall. Lee Hyeri, who recognized it earlier had tried to escape as soon as possible as she saw Kai coming towards her, however of course she failed because she did not see any of the workers around.

“W-what?” Hyeri stuttered.

“ Nothing, it had been a long time since we, umm met?” Kai asked, with his eyebrows twitching.

“I am fine with it, cause you are such a nightmare.” Hyeri scoffed.

“What? May you repeat?” Kai asked, while putting his hands at his ears, pretending that he could not heard her.

“You.Are.Only.Just.A.Night.Mare. I repeat, a NIGHTMARE.” Hyeri sarcastically said.

“Ouch, but I am glad to remind you that you used to…”

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”

Before Kai could continue, Hyeri shouted as loud as she can so that Kai could not mention the past.

“Miss Lee!” Miss Song angered.

“S-sorry.” Hyeri bowed down in embarrass, as everyone is literally staring at her.

“Its okay, Miss Song. First thing first, where are you going with these stuff, and new luggages?” Ha Neul asked.

“To Oxford, of course.” Kai blurted.

Simultaneously, Ha Neul and Hyeri both obviously holding their laughter, could not believe what Kai said.

“What?” Kai asked, holding his anger when the girls does not believe his words.

“No, nothing.” Ha Neul lied, pretending that she was not laughing.

“I just want you to know that going to Oxford is not only for geniuses only, it is for the wealthiest in town.” Kai sulked, while flipping the catalogs.

“Oh, don’t sulk.” Ha Neul softly punched Kai’s shoulder.

“Umm, Miss Ha Neul, I think it is about time to go.” Miss Song reminded.

“Oh, okay. So, I’m going to leave you guys. Jong In, I warned you to not make a fuss in my mall. This is my territory, understand?” Ha Neul reminded.

“Aye, aye ma’am!” Kai mocked.

“Behave, and I still do not believe you.” Ha Neul winked, and little did she melted Kai’s heart.

As soon as Ha Neul went by,

“So, tell me. Where are you going? Paris? London? Milan? Hawaii?” Hyeri asked, being curious.

“You know,  curiosity kills the cat.” Kai said.

“I am sure it will not kill me.” Hyeri defended herself

“I told you guys already where I am going.”

“For real?” Hyeri exclaimed.

“Hmm.” Kai nodded.

“Daebak.” Hyeri clapped her hands.

“So, Hyeri. Which colour is the best? Blue or black?” Kai asked, pointing out to the luggage.

“I always preferred pink.” Hyeri said.

“Thanks for helping.” Kai smiled spuriously.

“When?” Hyeri asked, while helping Kai to write his bill.

“Tomorrow’s afternoon.” Kai said, while checking his wallet.

“So, guess I’ll be not seeing you for a long time, huh?” Hyeri asked,

“Guess so. See you soon.” Kai answered, with and earnest smile carved on his face.

“Better not. Thanks for shopping at KMall!” Hyeri exclaimed, waving her hands bidding farewell.