THIRTY TWO

Confession

Ha Neul realized that she was bored accompanying the busiest-man-in-the-world doing his unfinished work. She could not help because she does not know a single thing about business as she had absolutely NO interest in it. Without informing Chanyeol (or a sticky note), she left the office with a sigh coming out .

"What did I do for the whole day actually?" she mumbled towards herself, while searching her phone in her handbag.

"Hello, Mr.Kim. Its me, Ha Neul. Can you pick me up at XXX?" Ha Neul asked her one and only beloved chauffeur.

"Oh, right now, Miss Ha Neul?"

"Yeah, right now." and the phone was off.

It was very windy at that time and what bad luck did Ha Neul get as she was wearing her yellow floral short knee-length dress. 

"Why is it so cold today,," Ha Neul complained to herself, while caressing herself, hoping to get some warm from it.

Her knee was getting cold and colder as the wind keeps getting furious.

"Ah-choo!" She sneezed, as she caught a cold from the cold wind.

Suddenly, she felt a warm,long coat was covering her.

"You should tell me that you were going to leave, at least say bye." the deep charming voice startled her.

"You shocked me."

"You shocked me even worse when I found out that you left the office without informing me first." Chanyeol snickered,

"W-well, you know. You've been busy, so I don't want to be such a bother to you.." Ha Neul beamed,

"Since when you were such a bother to me?" Chanyeol's whispered, with his deep husky voice.

He lowered his head, leaving a few inches between his face and Ha Neul's. Chanyeol could feel the heat from the embarassed Ha Neul.

"Since when did I allow you to be this close to me?" Ha Neul took up her courage and stared deeply in Chanyeol. But Chanyeol did not back off.

"I thought you have interest in me." Chanyeol continued teasing Ha Neul, staring her, causing her cheeks turning red.

"YAH! W-w-we're only friends!" Ha Neul softly pushed Chanyeol with the leftover strength that she have.

"Ouch." Chanyeol blurted, feeling hurt as he heard the word 'friends'.

Ha Neul took a look on Chanyeol's solemn face.

What did you just say, Kang Ha Neul!!! Ha Neul bit her lips.

As if he knows its timing, Ha Neul's driver came and fetched her on time.

"Bye!" Ha Neul awkwardly bid farewell and dashed into the car, leaving Chanyeol confused.

You are seriously going to treat me like this, huh?


As Ha Neul reached her house, she walked slowly as she saw something unusual. The way leads to her room must surpass her brother's, Geum Ha's room. Surprisingly, her brother's room is wide open.

"Is he back?" she whispered towards herself.

"OMO!" Ha Neul was startled as she saw her brother was staring at her with his red puffy eyes as she tip-toed towards her room.

"O-o-ppa." Ha Neul stuttered.

Both of them continues staring each other, as if they were forced too.

"A-are you crying?" Ha Neul caringly asked, as she saw her brother's eyes.

Geum Ha just realizes something. He did not find a reason why did he despises her little sister after all this years. Why did he make her little sister as his victim. As he observes his sister's face deeper and deeper, he knew he did something unreasonable.

“What makes you think that I am crying?” he asked, trying to make a conversation with Ha Neul.

“Your eyes, so red..” Ha Neul point a finger, showing towards Geum Ha’s eyes.

Geum Ha let a simple laugh escape from his mouth,

Whats wrong with him. Is he crazy? Ha Neul wonders in her head.

“Long time no see, Ha Neul-yah.” Geum Ha smiled,

“L-Long time no see, Oppa.” Ha Neul waved awkwardly.

“You’ve grown up.” Geum Ha said, as he see Ha Neul seems getting taller.

“I’ve graduated from high school this year already, oppa. What do you expect from me? I’m not you little petite Barbie anymore.” Ha Neul snorted.

“Yeah, yeah. But I miss you, Miss Barbie.” He sincerely smiled, tears almost to flow as he missed his little sister so much.

“Yah, Ken. Where did you go after all this while?” Ha Neul dashed to her brother, and hug him all she wants.

Suddenly, Ha Neul’s phone started to rang.

“Oppa, wait a minute. I’ve got to answer this call.” Ha Neul said.

“Hello?”

“Hello, who is this?” the caller asked Ha Neul back.

“Yah!” Ha Neul got annoyed, as she looked at the caller contact and guess what? It was Kai.

“Yah, Kim Jong In! Whats wrong with you!” She shouted angrily.

It was almost 9 in the evening and Kai was playing with her, who wouldn’t get angry?

“So, you knew Mr.Kim right?” the caller again asked.

Then Ha Neul begin to sense something isn’t right is happening.

“Yes, and who is this?” she asked back, knowing that it was not Kai.

“I am Officer Jang from Gangnam Police Station. I bet your friend here had gone drunk and plus, he is underage. We need some authorization or confirmation of his age because we are going to take some action on him.”

“But I am not his guardian.” Ha Neul explained

“But we could not find his parents contact, I hope you will help us, Miss…”

“Miss Kang. Yeah, sure. I’ll be right there in no time.” Ha Neul put off the call.

“Who?” Geum Ha asked.

“Someone who is much annoying than you.” Ha Neul sigh, in desperation.

“Are you saying that I am annoying?” Geum Ha raised his eyebrows.

“Well, literally. Bye, oppa!” Ha Neul bid farewell towards her brother.


“Miss Ha Neul, so you are his friend?” the officer asked,

“No, I’m his sch--. Yeah, I’m his friend.”

“Well, your friend here is drunk, terribly. And the worst thing here is, hmm. He is underage. We do not know where did he get the alcohol but we will investigate soon.”

“Yeah, I acknowledge that, sir.”

We’re almost 20, can you just let us go. Ha Neul grunted.

“So, since he, luckily had no past criminal records, so we will just give you a warning, since this is the first time.”

The first time my .

“Okay, sir. I’ll remind him of course.”

The officer guide Ha Neul towards Kai’s cell. Kai was sleeping soundly, not knowing that he had made Ha Neul’s blood boiled.

“You may take him home, Miss.” The office smiled, glad that the case is done.

Ha Neul let out a sigh and help the unconscious Kai to walk. As they heads out the police station, Ha Neul dropped Kai onto the floor.

“Yah!” she yelled, glaring angrily towards Kai.

“Ha Neul, Ha Neul..” Kai mumbled,

“Why do you keep making me suffocating, huh!” she nagged, although she knew that Kai did not heard her.

“Haisshhh!”

Ha Neul dragged him to the nearest bench and put him on it.

"Aish, I forgot to bring the coat with me!" Ha Neul grunted, as she realized that she was wearing the same exact dress when she met Chanyeol.

"Its so cold," she sighed, and she also saw Kai's lips shivering too.

“Now, what am I supposed to do with you?”