FORTY FIVE

Confession

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked

Its been hours since Kai's departure and Ha Neul was yet still sobbing because of it. Chanyeol was depressed, not knowing what to do.

"I'm okay." Ha Neul answered.

But actually the same question had been asked for million times and the same answer was going out from Ha Neul's mouth.

"He'll be back. I am sure of it." Chanyeol comforted her.

"He's so mean. I mean, how could he leave without informing me!" Ha Neul sobbed.

"Don't get so worry, he'll be fine." Chanyeol softly pat her back.

"I won't meet him again until he says sorry!" Ha Neul pouted childishly.

"W-what?" Chanyeol holds up his laugh.

"Yah, what is so funny!" Ha Neul beat Chanyeol's back.

"He didn't do anything wrong, and whats with the sulking thing!" Chanyeol snickered.

"Are you on his side?" Ha Neul exploded with anger.

"No, but haha, you're cute." Chanyeol pinched Ha Neul's red cheeks.

"Hey, its painful!" Ha Neul cried.

"Lets eat, okay?" Chanyeol ruffled Ha Neul's hair.


They ended up at Aunt's Jisun ddeokbokki store, which actually busy at the moment.

"Aunty, 1 serving of curry ddeokbokki please." Chanyeol ordered.

"Do you really don't have any restaurant to go? I'm seriously busy right now, can't you see?" Jisun complained.

"I'll pay extra." Chanyeol winked.

"Aigoo, this kid. That is not what I mean. I have a lot of--"

"My dearest aunt, we'll wait, even if it takes years of it, okay?" Ha Neul sighed.

"Okay, if that is what you want." Jisun left, continuing her work.

"Are you sure? It might take hours, or she wouldn't cook at all." Chanyeol whispered.

"Then, we'll stay here until the end of the day." Ha Neul said, ignorantly.

She's tough. Chanyeol monologued.

"I don't know why I cried," Ha Neul mumbled,

"Hm?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, sipping a cup of cold water that was already served on their table.

"He done so many things to me, like kidnapping me, stole my first kiss, preventing me from taking my exams, but why I didn't want him to go so freaking much?" Ha Neul babbled.

"Well, maybe, you like him?" Chanyeol tried to guess, although it might hurt his feelings.

"I don't think so, "

Phew. Chanyeol exhaled in relieved.

"But...."

And Chanyeol's heart beats as fast as it could again.


“I heard you left the office.” Mr.Kang asked.

“Y-yes I did.” Ha Neul nervously answered.

“And you didn’t attend the meeting.” Mr.Kang continued, with the same intense tone.

“S-sorry.” Ha Neul bowed low as she just realizes that she missed a crucial meeting.

And she forgot to sign the documents, luckily Miss Song was there for back-up.

“How can I trust you if you act like this?” Mr. Kang toss the newspaper in his hands on the floor.

“D-dad. I won’t repeat the same mistake twice.” Ha Neul promised.

“Easy said than done.” Mr.Kang snickered.

“Did you ever think twice?” Mr.Kang asked, with a disbelief scoff coming out from his mouth,

“I—“

Before Ha Neul could answer, Mr.Kang left with a frustrated grunt.

“I’ll cursed that Kim Jong In.” Ha Neul gritted her teeth, fuming with anger.

“My daughter,  what actually happen today?” Mrs.Kang asked, while bringing a cup of tea for Ha Neul, who is still kneeling on the floor.

“Just some silly stuff occurred in the afternoon, Mum.” Ha Neul sighed.

“He won’t be angry for long.” Mrs.Kang caressed Ha Neul’s back to comfort her.

“He won’t, right?” Ha Neul smiled.


Chanyeol and Baekhyun are eating jjajangmyun at Baekhyun’s house.

“So, he’s gone, for real?” Baekhyun asked, eagerly.

“He’s not dead okay.” Chanyeol snickered.

“He’s such a bother.” Baekhyun blabbered.

“Ha Neul was there this afternoon.”

“Oh, did they confessed to each other?” Baekhyun almost choked as he was shocked to hear the news.

“No. She was a second too late.”

“It is a relief then.” Baekhyun exhaled,

“She cried, on Kai’s departure.” Chanyeol revealed the .

“Oh my god. This can’t be happening. Did she fell—“

“She doesn’t know why she cried.” Chanyeol blank explanation with his blank face.

“Yah, yah, yah. Park Chanyeol! You better be hurry!!” Baekhyun shake Chanyeol’s body hard enough for him to lie down on the floor.

“Why?” Chanyeol asked, blatantly.

“She’s confused right now! She might think to go to Oxford and tell Kai that she love him!” Baekhyun explode towards the ignorant Chanyeol.

“It is okay. Her happiness is mine too.” Chanyeol closed his eyes to sleep.

“Yah, are you that overly attached to me that you just gave up on that girl. Hey, hey, Mr.Park. I’m sorry to say but I seriously did not have any feelings to you! Hey, Mr.Park. Wake up!” Baekhyun kicked the laid-down Chanyeol with his toes as he continuously nagged.

“Yah, keep yourself quiet. I’m tired~” Chanyeol whined.

“Be grateful because you are my friend.” Baekhyun scoffed.

It takes a second to hear Chanyeol’s soundly snores, loud enough to give Baekhyun shivers as he thought it was a ghost.

“You sleepy maniac!!” Baekhyun strongly threw a big pillow right on Chanyeol’s face.


Ha Neul logged on her SNS account, to check whether Kai is online or not. But the she sees a notification that shows a picture and her name tagged on it.

Don't forget me. Wish me luck!

Ha Neul exhaled in anger. How could he after all this while.

Well, maybe its for his own good. He can be a better person. Its Oxford, of course.

If that is what you want, Good Luck, Kim Jong In.


Well. Hello. Firstly, I'm back from a long semi-hiatus, because I'M DONE WITH MY NATIONAL EXAMS!! MANSAE!! MANSAE!! So, sorry again, hehe. Hope you guys understand. Back to the point,

-I know I'm not a...

  • good author
  • famous author

But I'm quite sad that this fic got only lil' readers, soooo...