THIRTEEN

Confession

Yoon Ah answered the exams uneasily. It was unusual, for Ha Neul to absent today. On this important day. She glanced at the clock. Its almost 1. End of exam. Ha Neul is seriously not going to make it.

Exam ended. School ended. The students were chattering about the hard and complicated questions.

"Hey, do you get the answer for question 38?"

"Aren't the question a bit insane?"

"I don't think I passed the exam."

"EXAM IS OVER!!"

Those were a few of the conversations between the kids, but not Jungkook and Yoon Ah.

"Where do you think she could be?" Yoon Ah wondered.

"Can you reach her?" Jungkook asked.

"No. Her phone is switched off."

"I don't think she is absent on purpose. It is so unusual of her." Jungkook said.

"Me too."

As they were walking outside of the gates, a tall, charming, exhausted(?) good looking guy was stopping them.

"Excuse me, may I ask you a question?"

"Yes, but who are you?" Yoon Ah asked.

"Oh, I'm Park Chanyeol. Do you know where is Kang Ha Neul? She is a student in this school right?"

"Yes. But she is absent today. Who are you?" Jungkook answered.

"Oh, I'm her fiance.Thank you!" he thanked and went into his luxurious car.

"FIANCE?!" Both of Jungkook and Yoon Ah exclaimed.


Chanyeol went straight to DaeHan High, right after he arrived from States. His mother was so eager for him to meet Ha Neul as she sent two cars to pick him up. One is the limousine to carry his luggage home, and two, his Lambourghini to fetch Ha Neul's back.

He was still jet-lagged. His face was obviously looking exhausted, but its his fiancee he was going to fetch. Its alright then.

As he arrived, the school ended right on time. Students were getting out of the school and was looking at his figure. Well, he admit that he was tall, fair and handsome. He was aware of that.

"Hello! I'm Lee Hyeri! Here's my number!"

He was shocked when a girl approached him and immediately hand him a piece of paper.

"Call me!" she winked and left him standing, giggling alone.

It was a few minutes after that, and the students keep decreasing and no sign of Kang Ha Neul could be seen. Then he saw a pair of couple walking out, busy chit-chatting with each other.

"Excuse me, may I ask you a question?" he carefully asked, looking at the couple was glaring at him.

"Yes, but who are you?" the girlfriend asked.

"Oh, I'm Park Chanyeol. Do you know where is Kang Ha Neul? She is a student in this school right?"

"Yes. But she is absent today. Who are you?" then the boyfriend answered.

"Oh, I'm her fiance.Thank you!" he thanked and went into his ride.

"FIANCE?!"

He could heard the couple was exclaiming together. It was so cute. He wished that Ha Neul and him will be like that too.

He took out his phone and rang his mother.

"Eomma, its me. Yeol."

"Oh, Yeollie! Is Ha Neul next to you?" His mother eagerly asked.

"I'm afraid not, Eomma. She was absent."

"Absent? Impossible. Today is her college entrance exam."

"But, her schoolmates told me that she is absent."

"Oh, really? Head back home first. I'll confirmed it with her parents." his mother comforted him.

College entrance exam? Why would she absent? Weird.


The Kang's house was gloomy, when Ha Neul arrived home. Mrs. Kang could not help but letting out tears as well when Ha Neul told her that she missed the exam. But she won't tell why. Thats what she was most worried of.

"I thought, you were studying with someone?" Mrs.Kang asked

"Studying? Seriously, Mom?" she scoffed, letting out tears.

Then, the phone rang.

"Hello?" she greeted, as she picked it up.

"Hello, HaeJin. Its me, Byul."

"Oh, Byul. Anything?" she muttered, sweating as she still blank, not knowing what to do with the crying Ha Neul.

"No, I mean, I heard that today is Ha Neul's entrance exam."

"Oh, right. Yes, it is." she gasped, as she was handling her messy hair.

"But, I heard she is absent?"

"Oh, yes, she is absent. There's.. a bit of problem here."

"Oh, really? Well, Yeol is here. In Korea. When can they meet?"

"Byul. Umm, can we postpone the meeting first. She seems, miserable." she honestly said.

"Oh, okay. Inform me as she are prepared, enough."

"Sorry, Byul. She looked absolutely horrible. I don't know what to do."

"I understand. Take your time." and she hung up.

Oh, Kang Ha Neul. Get back to yourself, please.


The Park family was having a splendid dinner. They were giggling and laughing. And Chanyeol realized something.

"Oh, Mom. How's that girl, that Kang Ha Neul."

"Oh, she's... sick?"

"Sick? Fever?" Chanyeol asked, while chewing his food.

"Wow, you looked worried, my son." Mr.Park giggled.

"Mrs.Kang said that, she was... horrible."

"Maybe she need time."


Kai, Sehun and JunMyeon was in Kai's room.

"GUYS, KIM KAI DID IT AGAIN!!!" Kai shouted.

"APPLAUSE TO KIM KAI!!!" Sehun joined him.

"As if you guys won lottery," JunMyeon scoffed.

"This is better than lottery, ya' know." Kai said, while gulping down his canned drink.

"For your information, Kai. You just beat a girl. A GIRL." JunMyeon scoffed.

"A rusty , to be precise." Kai snickered.

"You are really manly, Kai!" Sehun exclaimed, as he high-five Kai.

"You guys are seriously forgetting something." JunMyeon smirked.

"What that smile is about, JunMyeon?" Sehun asked.

"Guess." JunMyeon munched down some fries.

"What did we forget?" Kai mumbled, with his mouth stuffed with a big bite of burger.

"Park Chanyeol is in Korea, you people." JunMyeon said.

"Oh." Sehun scoffed.

Park Chanyeol. Who are one of their bestfriends, or is he, now? They were really good to each other. Playing, and goofing around. But when they knew that Park Chanyeol was offered to States, they were silent. They are going to lose Park Chanyeol. But, Park Chanyeol said this,

"Don't worry, guys! I'll text you guys!" he cheerfully said.

Sehun cannot forget that goofy smile of Park Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol treated him like a younger brother athough that they are the same age. But, it seems like Park Chanyeol discarded them in his minds. Twitter?KakaoTalk? Not even a text. The last thing ther received from him is,

I've arrived in States. Take care guys.

"Did he... even remember us?" Sehun gulped down his saliva.

"OF COURSE HE DID!" Kai slammed Sehun's back, trying to bring the mood back.

"Can't wait to meet him soon." JunMyeon grinned,

"Think positive dude. This is what we call a REUNION." Kai smirked.