NINE

Confession

Jong In leisurely walks himself in the school's office.

"Excuse me, Miss 'Clerk'. May I know where's the principal?"

"Oh, its you. Nice name you give me there, but I'm Miss Han. The principal is in his office, you need to---"

Before the clerk could finish her words, Jong In lead himself to the office,

Rude bastard. The clerk muttered.


Knock knock.

"Who's---" before the principal could say anything, Jong In darted in and sat on the chair.

"So, what's your business here, Mr.Kim?"

"Easy. The final exam in  two weeks. Make me no.1"

"This school is for education purpose. Why don't you learn hard and get no.1 instead?" the principal smirked.

"Maybe a couple bucks may do." Jong In put down the cash on the table.

"Couple of bucks?"

"Hundreds, maybe?"

"Maybe?" the principal raises his eyebrows.

"Then 5000$." Jong In crossed his legs proudly.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim. This school ain't play bribery. Hardworks means everything. You may walked out through the exit before I take actions on you." the Principal raises his voice.

Jong In was mad, of course. He stomped out the office, not believing the principal deceived him.


Ha Neul was doing exercises for her Algebraic upcoming final exam. She tapped on the calculator like a mad woman and cursed herself for not getting the right answers. The class was so noisy, she could not focus. She groaned to herself. Suddenly, she felt something in her ears, which was earphones. She looked to her side, it was Yoon Ah.

"Thanks."

Yoon Ah curled a smile on her lips. She loves to see how Ha Neul works on her grades. How she wish she is Ha Neul. Genius, hardworking, pretty, and Jungkook seems to appear in her eyes everyday. But she believes that Ha Neul won't fall for Jungkook. Maybe she wasn't fated for Jungkook.

"Whatchu doing?" Jungkook asked, breaking her thoughts.

"Watching Ha Neul doing some works."

"How about you?" Jungkook asked.

"What?"

"Have you finished the assignments, yet?"

"Of course, not. Later. I'm too, lazy." Yoon Ah honestly said.

"You lazy bum." Jungkook giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It seems like you are pretty in everything you do." Jungkook blurted.

"W-w-what?" Yoon Ah asked, making sure of what she heard is right.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Jungkook blushed, and went to his friend's desk.

What the hell you just said back there, Jeon Jungkook! Jungkook cursed himself while slapping himself hard.

"Hey, Ha Neul. Did you hear what Jungkook said?" Yoon Ah asked.

But Ha Neul gave no response. She was continuing doing her work.

"Ha Neul?"

Is she angry? Is she jealous? Weird thoughts came to her mind. But it soons vanished when she saw the earphones were still plugged on Ha Neul's ear.

"She could not hear a thing, actually." Yoon Ah chuckled to herself.


Jong In, Sehun and JunMyeon was hanging out at Jong In's house. Playing video games, gulping down junk foods and carbonated drinks. But reading and watching is no-no. That was way too much.

"Hey, GUYS. I'm asking you guys here is to help me out." Jong In groaned.

"Since when we can help you? Both of us are helpless." JunMyeon joked.

"Haha. SO FUNNY."

"Who asked you to challenge the bet. You are digging your own grave." Sehun laughed.

"No matter what. I'm going to win this bet. " Jong In swore.

"Seriously, Kai? You've been ranked #100 for years and now you are aiming for #1? Even if the pigs fly, it won't happen." Sehun continued.

Jong In threw a couple of pillows and hit right on Sehun's head.

"Ouch! What? I'm telling the truth!" Sehun exclaimed.

"And you're helping nothing." Jong In muttered.

"Go for tuitions. Both of us aren't top students anyway." JunMyeon snickered.

"Tuitions. No way."

"I'm trying to help you and you replied 'No way'. What do you expect me to do then?" JunMyeon exclaimed, getting annoyed with Kai's attitude.

"Wait a minute. Did you have thoughts on cheating?! Please don't! It is so COWARD-ish!" Sehun screamed in terror.

"Hmm, cheating might be a good idea."

"OH SEHUN." JunMyeon gave a glare towards Sehun, signalling that he had done a wrong thing.

Kai was squeezing his brain to splurt out some ideas. Sehun and JunMyeon won't help him, thinking it is something a loser would do. But who cares? Its to crush that stupid Kang Ha Neul.

Kill her? He don't want to spend his life in jail.

Steal the answers? Too complicated to get rid of her. 

Kidnapped her? Don't want to be too desperate. 

Apologise?  Since when that word exists in his mind?

Beg? Don't even ask.

? He would get kick in the .

Ha Neul was enjoying her dinner with her parents. 

"Final exams is around the corner,  right?" Mr. Kang asked.

Ha Neul just nodded.

"Have you studied?" Mrs. Kang worriedly asked

"Don't worry my dear. Our daughter is a genius!  She always scores in her studies. "

"And by scoring in my studies,  I have one wish." Ha Neul spoke.

"What is it, darling? Gucci? Prada? Skyline? Tell us."

"I'll get #1, I'll go to Yale, oppa is going to take the CEO seat."

"What?" Mr.Kang exclaimed in terror.

"If I failed, even #2, the CEO seat will be mine and oppa will no longer have any rights to have it."

"But you always ranked #1, sweetie.  Don't you want the seat?"

"I've always despise the seat. The seat make oppa treats me like this. "

"Fine. That's the deal. If yourself breaking it, you are going to regret it for your whole life. " Mr.Kang slammed the dining table and went to his bedroom. 

"Stop making things miserable honey." Mrs.Kang begged.

"Then put the righteous heir back to his place." Ha Neul was holding her tears. 

"You are so disappointing! " Mrs. Kang exclaimed,  leaving the table, following her husband's trail.

Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad. I just want my oppa back.