THIRTY ONE

Confession

As Ha Neul and Chanyeol unpacked their pizza, Chanyeol received a call which Ha Neul believes it is very important. Ha Neul, being really understanding continues serving the pizza and started to munch it down as Chanyeol seems a little bit busy. However, it has come to Ha Neul third slice of pizza and Chanyeol was very busy checking the files, ignoring the meal that he had to consume.

“Ehem.” Ha Neul let out a slight scoff to grab Chanyeol’s attention.  But Chanyeol is still in his very own world.

“Excuse me, but I believe that I am supposed to eat this meal with someone, not ALONE.” Ha Neul said, in a mocking tone.

Chanyeol stops doing his work, as he realized he had abandoned someone.

“H-Ha Neul, I’m sorry. It gets so busy, I can’t—  ” Chanyeol apologized with his guilty face,

“I understand, but you see…” Ha Neul stood up and went towards Chanyeol, and slapped his shoulder, real hard.

“Ouch!” Chanyeol exclaimed in shock.

“This poor little body of yours is getting thinner every day. It is not wrong for you, to spend 10-15 minutes of break for you to take care of your own body. You do not even spend for yourself even 1 minute to drink a cup of water. If that happens every single day, you will lack of water, hence you will get dehydrated. Once you get dehydrated, almost everything cannot function well, and so on so on~~” Ha Neul nagged, making Chanyeol feels really want to crush her down.

“So, in conclusion,” before Ha Neul could continue anything further, Chanyeol grab her and close .

“Yes, yes, yes and yes, Miss I-Know-Everything. I’ll take care of myself and I’ll make sure I will be healthy as healthy as you will never expect from me, okay? Is it enough to guarantee you, little Miss?” Chanyeol asked, grinning sneakily looking at his fianc--, his ex-fiancee.

“@#sgds%$^DSS” Ha Neul mumbled in Chanyeol’s wide hand.

“I guess it is enough then.” Chanyeol giggled, looking at how messy had Ha Neul been. Then, he let go of his hand, making Ha Neul inhaled the air soon after it.

“YAH! YOU MONKEY!!” Ha Neul shouted in frustration.

“Monkey?” Chanyeol asked, in shocked.

“You got me suffocating just now! If I die just now, I’ll make sure that I will haunt you the whole time of your life!” Ha Neul grunted.


After the scene that he saw at Chanyeol’s office, Kai became very miserable. Something suddenly rose up in his heart. Not something delightful. If he was angry, what was he angry for? He did not know. He went to the 24-hours convenience store and bought some tin of alcohol, although he was still underage.

He sat on a bench near a playground with a plastic bag of alcohol, staring at the blue calm sky.

“It is not going to rain, huh? Even Gods are happy with my miserable life.” He snickered.

He looked down, and saw some kids playing the slide and stuff at the playground. He grinned to himself as he recalls back the memories as he was a kid, with Ha Neul. There was never single day of him with Ha Neul is a bad luck. Everyday was happiness.

Ha Neul taught him to be a good kid. A nice, gentleman kid. Ha Neul always warns him not to bully kids, not to take advantages of other kids. Ha Neul always invites him to play together. Ha Neul always invites him to learn together. He remembers that he and Ha Neul always were the genius in their kindergarten. Every kid was very envy of them.

When he found out that he is moving out, he was very furious. He never want to be in a distance with Ha Neul. Who will play with him? Who will learn with him? He always ask his mother those questions, but he always received the same typical answer.

“Honey, everyone wants to play with you at our new place.”

The moment both of them said farewell, Kai already felt butterflies in his stomach. The moment he step in his classroom, everyone greeted him with a cheerful smile, at least.

When he was taking his break, he saw a kid was getting poked by the other three kids. Kai bravely approached them.

“Hey, what are you doing?” the little 8 years old Kai asked, stutteringly.

“Oh, look! It’s the new kid.” A boy who seems to be older than Kai exclaimed, sarcastically.

Kai knew he took the wrong step as he saw the victim was trembling horribly.

“Anything wrong, kid?” the other bully asked.

“N-n-nothing.” Kai trembled.

“Look!! This kid wet his pants!!!!” the bully laughed,

Kai realized that he peed in his pants because he was too scared. He did not know how to defend himself. Ha Neul always said to be a good boy, but not to be a strong one. He blamed everything on Ha Neul.

Since that day, when he walk past through the corridor, he could hear some giggles and sometimes people would ask him whether he had go to the toilet or not, which sometimes did tore his pride.

When he was in Grade 3, he had enough of everything. He learnt about pride. He learnt about wealth. He learnt about POWER. He knew with everything he got, people will fear of him. People will bow to him. People will respect him. He remembered the first kid that he beat up got him into detention for a month straight. He did not regret that. He was proud of it as people were all heads down when he walk past down. And at his primary school also, where he gained his new nickname, which was Kai.

As he got into high school, he was transferred into other school as his mother wants him to create new friends. But he could not leave his friends at middle school, which were Chanyeol, JunMyeon and Sehun. They were the best. The four of them learn what is the meaning of friendship. It was always about trust. But sometimes, their friendship reminds him of Ha Neul.  But then, he realizes that was all childish things that he must delete from his memory.

He became so cold at his new school. He never really talks to anyone in the school. He was the school cold kingka. He was always the school’s crush and he does not understand why.

He did not know that the girl who confessed to him was his long lost friend. Ha Neul turned out to be really pretty. She was so smart, and she is still a genius. He thought Ha Neul was a seriously a poor girl, for real. He never thought that Ha Neul was a princess in disguise. If there is The Best Actress Award, he would give it to Ha Neul. If he knew that it was the Ha Neul that he knew since little, he would have treated her well. If only, if only.