FORTY TWO

Confession

“It is about a few days before you’re going to UK, have you prepare your stuff?” Mrs.Kim asked, while sipping her cup of tea well-manneredly.

“Umm, not really yet. But I’ll make sure everything is done as soon as I can. Don’t worry, Mom.” Kai explained, while tying up his shoelaces, getting ready for a jog in the evening.

“ Well, if that what you decided to,”

“Bye, Mum.” Kai waved goodbye towards his Mom.”

With ears plugged with earphones, with maximum volume rate, the music was booming really hard, making Kai cannot hear anything, Step by step, he keep reminding himself that he is going to be a matured man soon. He is going to be 20 soon. 20. Everything will soon become miserably complicated. But soon, the images of Ha Neul appeared and making him wonder, is Ha Neul is eternity? In a blink of an eye, everything diminishes, as  his so-called bestfriend, Park Chanyeol standing infront of, with his tracksuit, blocking Kai’s way.

“Hey.” Chanyeol greeted.

But of course, Kai could not hear it, with his earphones on. Deliberately, he walked pass Chanyeol, although he saw Chanyeol mouthed something that sounds like a greeting. Immediately, Chanyeol hold Kai’s shoulder with his large hand.

“What?” Kai grunted, while taking his earphones forcefully.

“I do not want our friendship for all those years to be wasted like that.” Chanyeol muttered.

That made Kai to think for a second, but of course, he is a guy with pride.

“So?” he asked, blatantly.

“We need to talk.” Chanyeol sighed.

“About what?” Kai asked, while he was guessing in his head, where the answer is already crystal clear and obvious.

“I thought you already know.” Chanyeol scoffed.

“I do not wish to know.” And Kai continued his jog,

“This is a serious matter Kim Jong In!”  and Kai stopped again.

“Look, I really care for you, but I care for her too!” Chanyeol confessed.

“See, why don’t you just let go of her if you care for me so much? She only need to choose either of us. You’ll make it easier if you let her go.” Kai said, which offended Chanyeol.

“She’s mine. It is your fault to let her go in the first place!” Chanyeol blamed Kai.

“I did not know that was her!” Kai replied back, holding his fuming anger.

“If I were you, I would recognize her on the first glance!” Chanyeol  taunted him.

“But you are not who I am right now!” Kai yelled.

“Kai!” Chanyeol shouted,

“Chanyeol!” Kai mocked

“Why are you yelling my name?!” Chanyeol asked,

“You yelled mine first!”

“You!”

“What?!”

Out of sudden, Chanyeol break out into a laughter.

“You are insane, aren’t you?” Kai muttered.

Simultaneously, Chanyeol  grab Kai into his embrace.

“What the—“

“I don’t want to lose you bro.” Chanyeol mumbled.

The words hit the soft spot in Kai’s heart. He treasured Chanyeol so much as his friend but he was mischievous on how God would made both of them falling in love with the same girl.

“So, give me the girl.” Kai pulled Chanyeol away.

“Fine, I will give her, if you win.” Chanyeol let out a deep sighed.

“Win what?” Kai groaned, feeling annoyed with Chanyeol’s kindness.

“Win her heart.”

And that burning his competitiveness, making the most challenging game that he’ll ever experienced.


After half day with Hyeri  busy entertaining the customer, suddenly she heard a familiar male footsteps..

“Boo!” the voice exclaimed.

It scares her, but she knows exactly who it was.

“What brings you here?” she asked, with her eyebrows raised a little bit upwards.

“You did not tell me you are working here!” Jimin stomped his feet.

“I knew that you will find it out on yourself, so I did not bother to tell you.” Hyeri blurted, while pretending to looking out her fingers.

“You look great with these outfit.” Jimin praised Hyeri’s  department outfit.

“Are you praising or mocking because I do not find this outfit amazing.”

Suddenly, numerous familiar footsteps can be heard near the situation.

“No!” Hyeri exclaimed

Hyeri forcefully grab Jimin’s collar, and drag him into a fitting room.

“Who is it?” Jimin asked curiously, but Hyeri shh-ed him up.

“Ha Neul.” Hyeri whispered softly,

“Oh.” Jimin let out an oh.

Both of them waited for a few seconds until the footsteps were away.

“Let’s go.” Hyeri ordered.

“Let’s not.” Jimin hold Hyeri to stay, which made Hyeri simultaneously hold her breath.

“Don’t be so surprised.” Jimin chuckled, as he realized that Hyeri was not breathing.

“I-I need to work.” Hyeri stuttered, feeling her heart beating at a high speed.

“It is lunch time. It is alright.” Jimin whispered near to Hyeri’s ears.

“The c-customers are going to use the room.” Hyeri defended herself.

“There are plenty of rooms outside there.” Jimin scoffed.

“Fine, if this what you want.” Hyeri entertwined her hands behind Jimin’s waist, bringing him into her embrace.

“Oh, Lee Hyeri. I don’t know how to live without you.” Jimin sighed.

“Me too.”

And they stayed in the fitting room, quite a while, enjoying their moments of embrace.