FIFTY ONE

Confession

Hyeri was busy her lollipop that she forced Suga to buy it before she starts crying out in the public when she arrived her home.

“Here we are.” Hyeri exclaimed,

Then, her mother came out to look out for her.

“Oh, its Suga again.” The mother said, smiling towards him.

“Hello, omonim.” He bowed respectfully.

“Come in and have a cup of tea.” She invited.

“ It is okay, omonim. I have work to do.” Suga awkwardly nodded, “I’ll get going.” He informed.

“Oh, okay. I want this more tomorrow.” Hyeri showed the lollipop.

And all she get is a final glare from Suga.

“Where’s Jimin?” the mother asked.

 “He is having fever, mother.” Hyeri sighed.

It has been more than a week since the last time they met. Being with Suga is a mental torture since Suga is not as fun as Jimin.

Can she visit him soon? Where exactly is he?

“Let’s go in. It’s cold.” Hyeri drove her mother inside the house.

 

 

“Dad, what are you actually planning on?”

Chanyeol entered the house furiously searching for his dad, who was drinking his cup of tea in the dining room.

“Yes, my son?”

“Why are you buying the shares of KCorp?” Chanyeol asked, tapping his fingers patiently on the table.

“I’m bored.”

“That needs explanation.” Chanyeol pointed to his dad.

“Whats wrong? Who knows God of luck will be in our side.” Mr.Park taking his last sip of  tea.

“Dad! You are putting us on a risk! Haneul’s father is not someone to be messed with!” Chanyeol raised his voice.

“Why are you so interested with my business?” Mr.Park angrily glared at his son.

“I’m trying to help you getting out of the danger that you are putting us on! Dad, please! Why are you being like this!” Chanyeol kneeled,

“I’m avenging for us. Don’t you remember how that man looked down on us? He looked down on you, my son.”

“There is no need to start a war.” Chanyeol lowers down his head, hoping that his dad will stop.

“Dad, please. For once, listen to me.”

 

 

Haneul just got back home from the office. She slammed herself on the bed, turning the heater on during the cold weather.

It is so cold nowadays.

She almost went to sleep when her phone rang suddenly. With her closed eyes, she answered the phone.

“Hello?” she asked,

“Hey,” a husky voice greeted her.

“Who’s this?” she yawned.

“Are you sleeping?” he asked.

“Who’s this?” Haneul asked, getting annoyed, not knowing who’s on the line.

“It’s Mr.Coward.”

Mr.Coward? Oh.

“Oh, hey.” Haneul woke up from her bed.

“Seems you had fall asleep.” He muttered.

“N-no! I was just, I mean, I wasn’t—“

“Okay, okay. There’s no need to be freaking out.” Chanyeol giggled.

Kang Haneul, what are you doing!! Haneul slammed her forehead.

“Umm, do you have time for a cup of coffee?” Chanyeol asked,

“Coffee? That will be warm.” Haneul accepted.

“Well, I’ll pick you up?” Chanyeol offered.

“Okay.”

 

 

Haneul huffed up some air while waiting for Chanyeol outside the gate. She saw a black Sedan driving through the street and stopped in front of her.

Seeing that Haneul does not coming in, Chanyeol rolled down the windows.

“Coming in?” he asked,

“Let’s walk.”

“In this weather?” Chanyeol asked, asking for confirmation.

Haneul nodded.

“You can park inside,” Haneul pointed into her garage.

“Your dad would not mind?” Chanyeol asked, being uncomfortable.

“I’ve told him already.” Haneul sighed.

“What did he said—“

“Just park your car quickly! I’m freezing to death already!” Haneul grunted in annoyance.

Chanyeol immediately park his car into Haneul’s garage and went out of his car.

He jogged down towards Haneul, and was surprised when Haneul laced her hands around his.

“It’s cold, let’s go.” She shivered.

Chanyeol was astounded by Haneul’s sudden affection but he could not ask to make the situation more awkward.

Haneul leaded him to a café near her house, which was quite unknown although it is located in a luxury street.

They queued up and after a few silence, their turn came.

“I want a warm tall size latte, please.” Haneul ordered.

“Caramel macchiato, warm.” Chanyeol ordered.

“Take away or here?” the cashier asked.

Before Chanyeol could utters any word, Haneul was definitely faster than him.

“Take away.”

Chanyeol looked towards Haneul to ask her why but then he melts when he saw Haneul smiles.

“I want to take a walk.” Haneul mumbled.

“Okay then.” Chanyeol nodded.

It took a while for their drinks to be prepared. Chanyeol could hear Haneul was mumbling why is it so late~~ eventhough she pretended that she did not say anything.

“Here is your drinks, sir. Sorry, we are a bit late. Technical stuffs.”

“It is okay.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Here,” the cashier served them a piece of baked goods each for them.

“To cover up.” The cashier smiles apologetically.

“Thank you.” Haneul muttered, before going out the café.

Chanyeol almost bumped into Haneul when she suddenly took a sudden brake.

“Oh. It is so cold.” Haneul trembled.

“Are you sure you wanted to walk?” Chanyeol nudged her shoulders.

“It is okay, I have you.” Haneul mumbled, as soft as she could, as she was very embarrassed, not knowing what had possessed her to say such cringing words like that.

They walk through the streets with their mouth shut, while Chanyeol seems to be enjoying to stares Haneul so much that Haneul could feel her cheeks is burning.

“So, why did you want to have a coffee at first?” Haneul asked, taking a sip of her drink.

“I just want some company.”

“Where is that faithful friend of yours?” she asked,

“Baek? He must be sleeping at this rate.”

Suddenly, Chanyeol’s phone rang. It is really Baek.

“Umm..”

“Guess he’s not sleeping right now, huh?” Haneul smirked, sneakily looking at the caller ID despite Chanyeol’s height.

“Let’s just continue on walking.” Chanyeol faked a smile, cursing Baekhyun in his mind.

“Tonight is so cold. It is like freezing.” Haneul complained,

Chanyeol, became very generous pull off his red scarf and wrap it around Haneul’s neck.

“It will keep you warm.” Chanyeol smiled.

In return, Haneul took off her earmuffs and put it on Chanyeol.

Both of them exchanged smiles and it made Haneul’s stomach queasy to see Chanyeol’s melting smile.

Somehow, Haneul feels something off. Or maybe there’s nothing actually.

Step by step they took, talking about each other’s daily routine, laughing towards each other’s joke and finally they are back to where they are from.

“Time flies really fast.” Haneul sighed.

“Are you upset?” Chanyeol scoffed, looking at Haneul’s soft despair expression.

“Being at home alone is really boring.” Haneul pouted,

They entered the garage and Chanyeol send Haneul to the door of her house.

“Haneul,” Chanyeol muttered,

“Hmm?” Haneul’s round eyes stared Chanyeol’s deeply, like deeply madly in love.

Chanyeol took off the earmuffs and put on Haneul’s. Haneul started to entangled the scarf when Chanyeol touch her hands for her to stop doing it.

“Take it, as a gift.” Chanyeol smiles,

Haneul blushed and lowered her face being very queasy.

“I’m going in.” Haneul muttered, out of embarrassment.

As Haneul’s turns her back, Chanyeol’s melodious voice mutters her name.

“Haneul.”

She turned back, only to find her lips on Chanyeol’s, embracing each other.

It was very soft, very romantic, but in an instance Haneul’s eyes went teary. Somehow she felt something bad about it. She feels something wrong between them. She did not want the kiss to end but she feels like the kiss has its own meaning. A bad meaning.

The moment ended when Chanyeol himself pull it off.

Chanyeol was taking his breath when he looks at Haneul’s face. He could see a tear, flowing down her cheeks endlessly.

“Why,” she sobbed “ – It feels like a farewell?” she looked up to see Chanyeol’s eyes, searching for the truth.

Immediately, Chanyeol pulls her into his warm embrace.

“It is not a farewell,” Chanyeol kisses her forehead,

“It is a start.” He breathes, with Haneul’s head under his.