TWENTY NINE

Confession

Chanyeol went back home with his worn out face and slump his back on the couch, putting his hands behind his head, not knowing what the future had set for him. He can only sigh, to know what fate had decide for him. Maybe there is another girl waiting for him. Ha Neul maybe is someone fun to be friend with. Not a grilfriend, of fiancee, but it feels like he lost his life, when he knew that Ha Neul is not attached to him anymore. It felt he was dead, literally.

Suddenly, he heard sounds of glass shattering to pieces in his father's office room. Chanyeol dashed to the room, to see his father lying on the ground, unconsciously.


Ha Neul woke up, lazily and went to the bathroom.She washed her face and brushes her teeth. She looks at herself in the mirror, reflecting on yesterday, which had been hard on her. 

"Honey, breakfast!" 

She could hear the voice of her beloved Mother echoes through the staircase.

"Coming!"

She tied her hair into a ponytail and dragged herself, lazily to the dining table.

"Scrambled eggs. Yum." she her lips.

Mr. and Mrs. Kang looked at their one and only daughter. The one that they depending on.

"Getting better?" Mrs.Kang asked.

"Hmm, I guess." Ha Neul sighed, while taking a look to her father's stiff face.

"So, I have decided." he said, while putting the his peanut butter sandwich down on his plate.

"I do not want what happen to your brother happens to you. It had been very miserable back then." he sighed.

"This is for our company's benefit, my benefit, and of course your benefit. It is okay to be friends, but don't get too close, unless you want a lock up." he warned.

Ha Neul tried to control her expression, but she failed. She blushes and munch her eggs excitedly.


"Your dad had been extremely exhausted. He almost got his blood pressure in a critical situation. He might put himself in coma." the doctor explained to the clueless Chanyeol.

"Someone need to replace your father's seat for a while, Chanyeol-ssi." the doctor sighed.

"I understand, doc." Chanyeol fakingly smiled.

"Please make sure that your father eat his meals with his medicines. Its for his own good."

"Sure, doc."

Chanyeol took a gaze at his pale, weak father.

Poor father. You had done a lot. Its time for to inherit you. Its time for me to get into action. Have a rest, Dad.


Ha Neul dialled Chanyeol's number so many times but it is always unreachable. It was making Ha Neul annoyed, wanting her to slam the phone to the walls.

Where is he? What is he doing? How is he doing? She could not find out.

Should I comfort him? Should I visit him? She was miserable.

She lie back down on her back, staring at the wide, blank ceiling.

"What should I do, huh?" she mumbled to herself.


"Did you watch the news?" JoonMyeon slammed Kai's back.

"What?" Kai glared JoonMyeon.

"Chanyeol is replacing his father starting from today"

"PERMANENTLY?!" Sehun yelled,

"Well, not permanently, but his father got sick. So, maybe he will be there for a while." JoonMyeon explained.

"It must be the effect from the incident." Kai murmured.

"Of course. They loss so much." Sehun sighed.

"Lets give him a visit." JoonMyeon suggested.

"When?" Sehun asked, excitedly.

"Tomorrow, lets?" JoonMyeon smiled,

"Agreed." Sehun nodded.

But Kai decided today, alone.


"Baekhyun-ssi. Do you know where is Chanyeol?" Ha Neul asked,

Ha Neul had been desperate as she could not connected to Chanyeol. She wanted to meet Chanyeol, but she do not know where he is. The only one who is close to him, is Byun Baekhyun. He is the only way to find out Chanyeol's whereabouts.

"He is here, with me. At Gangnam's Starbucks." Baekhyun revealed.

"At Gangnam? I'll be there!" Ha Neul squeaked excitedly.


" I don't think this is funny." 

Ha Neul rushed to the cafe, only to find out that Baekhyun was the only one there.

"Hello, Miss Silly. In his situation, there is no time to hang out at a cafe like this." Baekhyun smirked.

"I'm getting annoyed seriously!" Ha Neul grunted.

Baekhyun can only laugh while staring at Ha Neul's annoyed face.

"But, he is so pitiful, if you take a look at him." Baekhyun blurted.

"Wh-what?" Ha Neul stuttered,

"Pitiful. He is so miserable, as if no one was taking care of him. I am sure that he did not take his meal right." Baekhyun sighed.

"What happen?" Ha Neul asked, curiously.

"You did not watch the news?" Baekhyun asked,  

"No, I didn't," Ha Neul dunked her head down, embarassedly.

"Chanyeol's father fell sick. So, Chanyeol had to take over the seat, for a while."

"For a while? But he is still you--" Ha Neul disagree but got cut off by Baekhyun.

"If not him, who will? You?" Baekhyun asked, dragging Ha Neul into the trap.

"So?"

"So, please go and comfort him." Baekhyun smiled.

"Can I?" Ha Neul blurted.

"Why not? You are his angel." Baekhyun scoffed.


Chanyeol kept receiving call from many companies, saying that they want to cancel their contract.

"Sir, we believe that we can solve this problem,"

"Sir, please have faith on us."

"Sir, we can make a better future,"

"Sir, please give us time."

"Sir,please,"

"Sir,"

Chanyeol gave so many reasons until he himself are sick of it. It is so hard to be his father. It is so hard to solve problems. 

But why is it so hard for people to understand his condition? Why people are being so selfish? Are they do not have any sympathy towards them? Why people kept going on crushing them?

Then a call came ringing again. 

"Hello?"

"This is XXX Company, we would....."

Chanyeol are used to it. Peopl wanting to cancel their contract, being selfish.

Then, he can hear footsteps coming into his room, knowing that it his secretary.

"Mr.Park, there is a gue--" But Chanyeol cut her off by signalling her that he got a call to be answered.

"But Sir, this will not effect your company." Chanyeol mumbled

"Sir, please. I am begging you." Chanyeol pleaded.

And call ended, leaving Chanyeol hanging,

"DAMN IT!" he cursed, as he slammed the phone to the wall.

Chanyeol stared the phone lying on the ground, lifelessly. His hand went through his hair.

He get down, and picked up the phone, holding his tears.

"Why is it so hard?" he sighed, then he remembered his secretary at the door.

As he looked at the door, the phone dropped onto the floor again.

"What happen to you, Park Chanyeol?" 

It was Ha Neul. It was Ha Neul that he was longing for. The Ha Neul that he said farewell yesterday. He could not believe that she is right now in front of him. 

"Ha Neul,"

In a blink of an eye, Ha Neul was in his embrace. It was so warm. It was so comforting. He feels as if he is in peace. 

"Why is it so hard, Ha Neul?" 

At last, he cried in front of Ha Neul, letting down his dignity,

"Just let it all go, just cry." Ha Neul whispered, while comforting Chanyeol's back.


Kai came with a pair of PSPs in his hand to Chanyeol's office. He intended to let Chanyeol to let his stress go away.As he enters the lobby, he already saw Ha Neul at the registration counter. He decided to follow her from the back, but Ha Neul already went into the lift, Kai had to wait the next trip impatiently. As the lift arrived, he dashed into the lift and pressed the button where Chanyeol's office located. 

Kai walked towards the office, and as he arrived, he saw Chanyeol and Ha Neul, both were hugging each other.