THIRTY

Confession

After the comforting moment, Chanyeol and Ha Neul let go of their embrace and  look with each other.

"Aigoo, you look so swollen~~" Ha Neul cooed

Chanyeol just could let a scoff escape his lips.

"Tsk." Ha Neul blurted.

"What?" Chanyeol asked, with his puffy red eyes.

"You looked so silly!"

"Silly? How dare you!" Chanyeol pinched Ha Neul's plump cheeks, causing Ha Neul to groan in pain.

"Don't do that! It hurts!" Ha Neul mumbled, begging for Chanyeol to stop pinching her.

Chanyeol giggled so hard when cuteness attacked him.

"Yah! I'm hungry!" Ha Neul bickered, sending a furious glare towards Chanyeol.

"Hungry?" Chanyeol scratched his head as he looked at tons of work he had to do.

"I'm sorry I can't--"

"I knew it already, so I ordered pizza!"

"Pizza?"

"Hmph! Pizza! Well, its supposed to be arrived by now!"

Right by then, the door knocked, signing the pizza has arrived.

"Here your order miss." the delivery dude hands out the bill.

"Pepperoni and 7 Wonders of Cheese right?" Ha Neul asked while taking out her wallet.

"Pepperoni and 7 Wonders of Cheese it is. Total payment is $59.90 miss."

"Yah, Kang Ha Neul. I should pay." Chanyeol restrained Ha Neul's hand from handing in the cash.

"Sorry friend, you're too late." Ha Neul put her tongue out,

"Friend?" Chanyeol was thunderstrucked when he heard the word 'friend', instead of fiancee. His face was immediately looking very dismayed knowing that he is now single.

"F-f-friend." Ha Neul stuttered, feeling really awkward after seeing Chanyeol obviously upset face.

"And by the way miss, there's a pair of PSP's infront of the office earlier, maybe the kids left them." the deliver man uttered, and he left the scene.

" PSP?" Ha Neul stared deeply into the two innocent PSPs.

"Oh, isn't this Kai's PSP?" Chanyeol took over the PSP.

"Kai?" Ha Neul asked, feeling very uneasy hearing upon Kai's name.

"Yes. I am sure this is Kai's." Chanyeol nodded.

"When did he arrived?" Ha Neul said softly, soft enough for Chanyeol not to hear her.

"Lets eat!" Ha Neul choked on Chanyeols head, dragging him to the couch.

"You almost got me dead!" Chanyeol scruffed over Ha Neul's hair.

"YAH!"


Ha Neul's older brother, Kang Geum Ha went back home after an exhausted schedul. He planned to lay himself down, and sleep till the next dawn, until he was swept by a wave of rage.

"So, I have decided." he said, while putting the his peanut butter sandwich down on his plate.

"I do not want what happen to your brother happens to you. It had been very miserable back then.This is for our company's benefit, my benefit, and of course your benefit. It is okay to be friends, but don't get too close, unless you want a lock up."

I do not want what happen to your brother happens to you.

That sentence was boiling furiously around Geum Ha's mind. He stomped his feet, dashed into his room.

After a few hours later, Ms.Kang goes into his room, not knowing he was there.

"Geum Ha, you're back." Ms. Kang smiled.

"You guys are seriously unfair." GeumHa gritted his teeth, holding his anger.

"What do you mean, Geum Ha? Are you hungry? Let me cook you something," Ms.Kang smiled, being happy with the presence of her beloved son.

"HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT, AT LEAST ONCE THAT I AM YOUR SON?" Geum Ha yelled, expressing his anger towards his mother.

"Ww-what are you talking about, my s-son?"

"I AM ASKING YOU HAVE YOU EVER CARE ABOUT ME LIKE A SON? OR AM I ADOPTED?!" Geum Ha sarcastically scoffed.

"Whats wrong, my son? You're my only son," A drop of tears slowly flow down Ms.Kang cheeks.

"If I am your only son, why don't you treat me like one?!" Geum Ha expressed his rage that he kept for long.

"What is this mess?" Mr. Kang appeared, with his stern face staring at Geum Ha.

"You." Geum Ha stared his dad angrily.

"Kang Geum Ha!" Mr.Kang shouted.

"What? After all that you have done to me, without giving any chances, I thought you will do the same towards your own so-beloved daughter. But, tsk. Look, she's seriously living like her name, Ha Neul(heaven). Why my life was never like a Geum(gold)? Why don't you treat me like one?!" Geum Ha angered.


It was when Geum Ha accidentally spilled a cup of bubbletea on the only one girl who filled the empty space in Geum Ha's space. The brown shiny orbs were staring deeply into Geum Ha's eyes, the scent from her black long hair caught his attention, and as if the time stops, making him go frozen as both of them have their eyes fixed on each other. Geum Ha's heart went badump, badump as if it was going to explode.

"I'm sorry." Was the first sentence he heard from that pink lips.

Shamelessly, Geum Ha asked for her number and since then they became friends.

Her name was Kim So Eun. She was 21, the same age as him, at that time. She really loves red as how Geum Ha loves his Dragonball collective figures. She was an orphan and worked as a waitress in a bubbletea shop. She was not as rich as Kang Geum Ha, but everyone knows that love is blind and soon they were united as a couple. They have their first official date at an amusement park where Geum Ha for the first time overcome his acrophobia by riding the rollercoaster with his one and only girlfriend, had their own decorated pink padlock at the famous Namsan Tower and not to forget had their own first romantic kiss under a bridge at Han River.

One fine day, while they were walking at the streets, So Eun fainted, with a lot of blood coming out from . Geum  Ha was scared not knowing what to do. He drove her to the hospital. How heartbreaking it was when Geum Ha found out that So Eun had a intracranial neoplasm, or easy known as brain cancer at the most critical level, which was level 4. His legs was wobbling. He could not afford to stand any longer.

"So Eun," he whispered

"Why?" So Eun smiled weakly, looking at her forlorn knight.

"Why does blood does not stop flowing out from your mouth?" Geum Ha asked, obviously forcing himself to not cry.

"Because they know that I really love red, as I really love you."

Geum Ha closes his eyes, knowing that he could not hold his tears any longer. His tears could not be stop, like the blood that coming out from So Eun's mouth.

"Don't cry, shh, Don't cry." So Eun tries to comfort him, but everything she did was useless.

Everything went worst when Mr.Kang found out about their relationship as Geum Ha was caught packing fruits for So Eun, not to forget the bodyguards who kept reporting to him. When the first time Geum Ha disobeyed him, the CEO seat was on the line, and it was given to Ha Neul who was only 15 years old. It was a lie if he said he didn't have a bit of hatred towards his one and only beloved dongsaeng, but at that time, its So Eun who matters the most. When it comes to the second time he was caught doing the same time, he was locked in his room by the time he woke up from his sleep. He was weaken. He could not find a way to escape. No matter how he kept knocking the door, the door will not open. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were the only time the door was open and plus, it was guarded by two bodyguards who were taller than him. He was very nervous. The clock was ticking. The time was becoming shorter and shorter. But he was still there, in the room.

"Sir, you may come out."

As soon as he was allowed to go out, he dashed, ran as fast as he could to the hospital, only to see an empty bed where So Eun used to be. As if his heart stops beating, he caught the wrist of one of the nurses there.

"Where's the patient here?" Geum Ha asked, stutteringly.

"Ex-excuse me, sir?" the nurse asked, asking for an escape as he was holding her wrist very hurtful.

"Kim So Eun! Kim So Eun!"

"Sir! Please be at your conscious." the nurse slapped Geum Ha's face.

Geum Ha was blinking his eyes a few times. His eyes stared the empty bed.

"W-where is she?" He stuttered with a pool of tears ready to flow from his eyes.

"Sir, I am sorry, but she had went with the angels for a week already."

Geum Ha immediately drop down on the floor. He cried as hard as  he can. Tears coming out continuously, dropping his dignity as a man. He slammed the floor, blaming himself for not seeing So Eun for the one last time.

"Sir, I believe this letter is for you." the nurse hands in a piece of folded paper in a heart shape towards Geum Ha.


To: My knight in not-so-shining armor, Kang Geum Ha.

How are you? Well, it is cliche to say that when you receive the letter, I must already be at the heaven, staring at you who will be wasting your time remembering me, I am not wrong right? I am looking at you, you pabo-yah. I wonder how have you been, after being caught by your father. Well, I knew everything since your mother visited me a few times, telling me how foolish you are. You don't how to give up right? But it is me who is obviously going to be dust, so I really thought that you should give up. I can imagine your small eyes being red( my favorite ), your swollen fist after banging the door so hard that it would fall off anytime soon ( it did not right?). So, haha. I am not lying when I say that I am really, really, really in need of you right now. I could not forget you once, even in my sleeps. The memories kept lingering in my mind. When the first time we met, how I was starstrucked by you. The day when you was trembling so hard after the thrilling ride on the rollercoaster . How cute you was when you blushed as you confessed your pure love for me, and of course the very first time when our lips were touching. I missed you so much. I am so lonely right now. Can you escape? Can you meet me for the last time so that I can go in peace? Can you please be here at my last few seconds? But I know it will be very much impossible to escape that prison. Nevermind, I know that you will be always in my heart, forever. Please let your life move on. You have a better future waiting ahead of you. Trust me. Okay, I should stop since I've lost my ability to write as my fingers were shivering so much. Everyday was getting colder. You don't know how much I really miss your warm embrace. Dear my love, please do know that I will always, always be the angel that protects you from above. I love you.

From: Your one and only Kim So Eun.