TWENTY EIGHT

Confession

"Honey, your engagement is off. Its over."

"W-what?" Ha Neul blinked her eyes a few times, trying to chew up the words that came into her ears.

"Whats wrong with him? Did he do anything wrong to you? Tell me, dad!" Ha Neul begged, putting herself on her knees.

"Honey, go to your room.." Mrs.Kang ordered.

"Dad, dad! Explain to me!" Ha Neul cried, her eyes were just as puffy as Chanyeol.

"Come here." Mrs.Kang dragged Ha Neul to her room.

"Mom!" Ha Neul yelped, as her mother came with her into the room and locked it.

"Look, Kang Ha Neul." Mrs.Kang sighed in frustration.

"What happen?" Ha Neul sobbed.

"Chanyeol's company, lost 50 million dollars last night."


"Chanyeol! You need to go back home right now! Your dad are being super busy right now!"

Chanyeol became uneasy as he received the phonecall. His hands were sweating and he had his adrenaline rush.

As he arrived,

"Mom! Where's dad?" Chanyeol asked,

"He is in his room, fixing those documents, counting the loss," Mrs.Park stuttered, looking so gloomy.

"Loss? What loss?" Chanyeol asked his incoherent mother.

"3 of our branches burnt down into pieces a few minutes ago, and a lot of people , including the workers became the victims." Mrs.Kang explained.

Chanyeol was out of words. He rushed into his dad room and help him as much as he can. There was so much documents need to be settle down and Mr.Kang realize that Chanyeol was too young for this. However, without Chanyeol, this miserable stuff are not possible to be completed on that night.

"Dad, you should rest." Chanyeol uttered, seeing his dad looking very exhausted.

"It is my business, you should not meddled in." Mr.Park sighed in desperation.

"It is my dad who I am helping." Chanyeol smiled, giving Mr.Park felt relieved.

It was 4am and both of them are still wide awake, at least for Chanyeol.

"Dad, dad." Chanyeol softly wakes his dad up.

"Huh? Oh, did I fell asleep?" Mr.Park murmured.

"Well, you should, dad. It is almost done." Chanyeol lay a sincere smile, looking at his extremely exhausted dad.

"Should I?" Mr.Park scratched his head.

"You should wake Mum up too." Chanyeol laughed as he pointed at his mother who was fast asleep on the couch.

"Okay, goodnight, Yeol. Thanks a lot." Mr.Park greeted goodnight, while carrying his wife in bridal style up.


7AM.

Park Chanyeol, you have a mail!

Chanyeol was surprised to see a mail was coming through his mail box. He clicked it open, and it causes him a heart break.

To: Park Chanyeol

From: Mr.Kang, the CEO of KCorp.

I heard about the tragedy that hit your company. I would like to send my consolation towards it. However, the tragedy had lead you to a downfall, where all your shares are going down. Regretfully, I would like to bring your engagement, with my one and only beautiful daughter, Kang Ha Neul to an end. This is for the sake of you, your company, MY company and Kang Ha Neul herself. I am sorry to inform you that.

Truly,

Kang Jae Hyuk.

Chanyeol was faltering with words. He seriously cannot believe it. After a hectic night without sleep, and now he received his worst nightmare.

No, this is not happening.

He reads the mail thousand times and he was still denying the fact.

Hell no, this is happening to me.

Chanyeol eyes were full with tears. He slammed the table and took his denim jacket and determined to meet Ha Neul, for the last time.


Chanyeol was grateful that his date was a success, except for the questions that he could not answer for Ha Neul. Before Ha Neul went out of his ride,

"Ha Neul," Chanyeol called, thinking million things to say to her

"Yes?" Ha Neul asked, with her hair slightly touches her shoulder,

"I just want you to know that," Chanyeol took a deep breath, exhaling the carbon dioxide, finalizing on what he is going to say.

"I am glad to have you as my fiancee." Chanyeol smiled, still holding his manly tears

"O-okay." Chanyeol's saw Ha Neul's cute blushes as she stuttered.

Oh god, please this is not happening.

"Bye," Ha Neul waved goodbye to Chanyeol.

As Chanyeol watch Ha Neul went into her house step by step,

Please don't let it be the last farewell.

And finally, the tears that he had been holding for hours flow down through his pale white cheeks.


"I don't believe it. Dad is not a materialistic person!" Ha Neul cried.

"Ha Neul, believe it or not, it is something true." Mrs.Kang tries to calm Ha Neul down.

"I have expecting this arranged marriage,  have expected everything to happen, but not this!" Ha Neul sobbed.

"Ha Neul, darling.."

"Mum, why, why does it hurt so much?" Ha Neul mumbled


Okay, guys. This is serious. What should I do?!!!