FIFTEEN

Confession

Its 4 in the evening and the customers are decreasing. Ha Neul heads back to the kitchen and serve herself a glass of cold water. She gulped down the water hilariously, as if she was in thirst for years. Then, Jisun came and leaned against refrigerator, smirking over the exhausted Ha Neul.

"Tired, huh?" Jisun smirked,

"Extremely exhausted, to be precise." Ha Neul scoffed, being annoyed at her Aunty smirking at her like that.

"Well, everything will be better if your fiance come to help." Jisun beamed, signalling for Ha Neul to invite Chanyeol over.

"My fiance? Tsk. I don't even meet him yet." Ha Neul drank down another glass of cold water.

"Not yet? Why?" Jisun exclaimed.

"Because of that Jong In jerk. Because of him, I missed the chance to get to meet my own fiance, and to know him better. And of course, because of him, I got my CEO seat in KCorp." Ha Neul heaved a sighed.

Jisun knows about Ha Neul's silly bet with her father. Jisun was confident that Ha Neul will win the bet, although she still wants Ha Neul to hold the seat. But her instincts told her something opposite. And yes, it happened. Which amazed Jisun herself.

"Then, accept it open-heartedly." Jisun scoffed.

"I'm not that kind of girl. I want to go through college, interviews, medium worker and then I want to be the CEO." Ha Neul explained.

"Like seriously, you? Oh, come on. Be grateful." Jisun laughed,

"You're the one who are supposed to be grateful, my mum wanted to help you but you rejected her offer." Ha Neul replied, testing Jisun's patience.

"Hey, hey, you little kid, don't know what you are saying. I want to build the ladder to success, not fly to success." Jisun eyes went wide, explaining her ambition.

"Same like me then, my beloved Aunty Jisun." Ha Neul grinned, teasing her Aunty.

Then, the entrance door bell rang. Signalling there are customers coming in, or maybe going out.

"Time to work," Ha Neul smiled, seeing her Aunty in defeat.


"Of all place in the world, why would she be here?" Kai mumbled, as he came out of Chanyeol's ride.

"Because her mother says so." Chanyeol replied.

"And why the hell her mother says so?" Kai again asked,

"Because she wants to help her aunt." Chanyeol said, as he enters the restaurant.

"Is you fiancee is some angel or what?" Kai complained, staring at Chanyeol who had taken his seat down.

"Well, I am destined with one. " Chanyeol braagged.

"Welcome. May I take your---YOUUUU?!!!"

Chanyeol was surprised as he turn his gaze to the voice.

Kang Ha Neul.

"Oh, its you!" Kai exclaimed, excitedly.

Kai knows her?

"What are you doing in my restaurant?" Ha Neul asked,

And she knows Kai too. Interesting.

"Your restaurant? So actually, you owns something, but not KCorp, of course right?" Kai teased,

Oh, Kai. You don't what you are talking about.

"Seems like you don't know a thing." Ha Neul smirked.

"But I do know that you love me once." Kai replied.

So, she loves Kai?

"And it was silly, but I don't regret it. At least I learnt something."

"Like seriously, genius?" Kai raises his eyebrows.

"Now don't waste my time.  Whats your order?" Ha Neul lazily took out her order book.

"Alright 'sweetie'." Kai winked, and he flipped the menu book.

But, Chanyeol's gaze are still with Ha Neul's.

"And you. Stop staring me, and choose your menu,"

"Me?" Chanyeol pointed to himself.

"Yes, you." Ha Neul nodded her head.

Whats wrong with this friend of Jong In. Ha Neul mumbled,

"I am not staring you. But I'm choosing the menu." Chanyeol bluffed, pointing to the menu at the board.

"He got you," Kai smirked, as he flipped the pages of the menu book.

"And it was so foolish of you that you could not see the menu book infront of you." Ha Neul replied.

And she got me. Chanyeol grinned.

"So, whats your order?" Ha Neul asked again, losing her patience.

"5 large servings of ddeokbokki and extra side dishes." Kai blurted.

"Heol. Fine. 5 large servings of ddeobokki and extra side dishes. You, sir?" Ha Neul scoffed

"1 small servings of ddeokbokki and extra side dishes." Chanyeol smiled.

"Okay, I repeat. 5 large servings and 1 small serving of ddeokbokki and 2 extra side dishes." Ha Neul clicked her pen off.

"And here a special treatment for you guys, especially our Kim Jong In. Anything thats left on the plate, even the sauce will be charge double." Ha Neul smiled, forcefully.

"You don't trust us? Well, I'll give you triple." Kai bragged.

"As you wish," And Ha Neul went to the kitchen.


"AUNTY! 5 LARGE SERVINGS AND 1 SMALL SERVINGS OF DDEOKBOKKI!!" Ha Neul shouted, but in an angry tone.

"Omo! You're making me deaf. Why you're so angry?" Jisun's complained, as she started to make the dishes.

"Jong In is here," Ha Neul grunted, while preparing the side dishes.

"Who?" Jisun asked, as the sounds of the stove was loud enough for her not to hear.

"KIM JONG IN!"

"Oh, speaking of the devil, aren't we?" Jisun smirked,

As the dishes almost done, Ha Neul accidentally saw something exciting.

You are so dead, Kim Jong In.


"Do you know her?" Chanyeol asked,

"Of course I do. She's a one extraodinary tough girl." Jong In exaggerated.

"What did she do?"

And there goes a long explanation on how everything starts and how everythings ends.

My fiancee is quite a tough person.

"But she once gave me a clue, KCorp. I don't know what the hell is it, and I don't wish to know,"

You'll be shocked after you know it, Kai.

"That girl, is sure a dev---" Kai was about to continue his sentence but as Ha Neul came, he shuts himself up.

"And here's your order." Ha Neul slamped the tray on the order.

"Hoho, this waitress seriously have 'manners'," Kai sarcastically said.

"Like I told you, any leftovers will charge TRIPLE." Ha Neul reminded.

Why I feel there is something wrong?

Chanyeol sniffed the ddeokbokki and it stung his nose. Before he could warn Kai, Kai already shoved 3 pieces of ddeokbokki in his mouth. Immediately, Kai's face turns red.

"Water! Water! Water!" Kai took a glass of water and gulped it down.

But, unfortunately, it was not water.

"Bleuurrgghh!! Vinegar?!" Kai exclaimed.

"Hey, Kai. How are we supposed to do. We need to pay triple for this." Chanyeol whispered.

"That Kang Ha Neul." Kai glared Ha Neul who was obviously giggling, while taking another customers order.