FIFTY TWO

Confession

Haneul’s face was beet red when she enters her house, bumping her father who was taking his supper.

“Oh, Dad.” Haneul stuttered in surprised.

“Where’s Chanyeol?” he asked, peeking towards the door, expecting for Park Chanyeol.

“He’s gone home.” Haneul gestured.

“What did you guys do?” he asked, while munching down his apple.

“We just took a walk and warm coffees.” Haneul informed.

“A walk in this cold weather?”

“I insisted.” Haneul muttered, hoping that is father would not misunderstood.

“Oh, I see. Go get a good sleep.” Mr. Kang ordered.

Haneul dashed towards her father and hug him tightly.

“You’re the best, Dad.”

She gave a peck on his cheek and ran towards the stairs.

Mr.Kang was flustered by Haneul’s action. It’s been a while since he heard Haneul praises him. He somehow feel very happy deep inside of his heart. He did not want to make the same mistake twice.

 

 

“Your lips are swollen.”

The voice caught Haneul in embarrassment.

“You ert.”

“It’s not my fault when I saw both of you are smooching each other while I was taking some fresh air at the balcony.” Geum Ha blabbered.

Haneul continues to bury herself in her pillows.

She felt a light bump, knowing that her brother is sitting on her bed.

“Seems like my brother got dumped.” He sighed.

“Who’s got dump?” Haneul look up towards her brother.

“My brother.”

“I’m your sister.” Haneul kicked her brother, unfortunately, her brother is stronger than her still sitting on the bed.

“He’s my brother from another mother.” Geum Ha threw the pillow right on her face.

“Who is he?” Haneul grunted, inhaling deeply after suffocating from her brother’s attack.

“Jongin.”

The name Jongin caught Haneul in despair.

Since he went to UK, they never talk, or even know of each other’s condition.

“Oh, Jongin. It is been a long time since I’ve heard of him.”

“Of course, you’ve been crazy about that giant.” Geum Ha chuckled.

“G-giant? You’re calling who giant?” Haneul gestured a fist pump towards her brother.

“What? Am I wrong? Is he even a human to be so tall like that?” Geum Ha uttered.

“He’s my boyfriend, you rascal!” Haneul knocked her brother with her pillows very hard as her brother yelped in pain.

“Hey! Stop! Stop!”

“Yah! You’re my sister, yah! You are YOUNGER!!” Geum Ha yelped.

“Who cares! You insult my lover just now!” Haneul continuously beat her brother.

“What’s all this noise?”

Mr. Kang leans towards the door, seeing his son is being beaten by her daughter.

“D-dad, he, he—“ Haneul stuttered.

Geum Ha stood up, leaving Haneul and walked out through the door, but Mr.Kang held his wrist.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“ Somewhere.”

“Where?” Mr.Kang asked, looking sternly at his son.

“Let me go.” Geum Ha angrily gritted his teeth.

But, the grip gradually becomes tighter.

“Stay at home.”

“I don’t listen to orders, especially yours.” Geum Ha let go of the grip.

“The girl is already dead, why are you still holding me on, hm?” Geum Ha smirked, as he passed through his dad.

Haneul, sat there cluelessly, as if she was watching a good drama.

Mr. Kang looked at his daughter, who’s mouth was wide agape.

“Sleep.” He said.

Haneul just simply nod, and bury herself in her blankets.

Haneul was still asleep when message went through her phone. Lazily, she took her phone, only to see a picture of Kai holding up a football jersey.

She squinted her eyes as the sunlight blazed right into her eyes.

“It’s Kim Jongin.” She muttered.

She scrolled down, a message appeared.

It’s the latest picture he sent to me. Just give him a call. He’s been waiting.

“Why am I supposed to give him a call, that punk.” Haneul grunted, throwing her phone to the other side of the bed.

She blew her bangs frustratedly, only to have her to take the phone back and dialled the number that Chanyeol had sent her.

“Hm?”

A disgruntled voice groaning at other side of the phone picked up.

“Hello?” Haneul greeted, cautiously.

“Who’s this?”

Haneul hold her laughter as she heard Jongin’s English accent.

“Wake up.” Haneul speaks in English.

“Who is this?” he asked again.

“Wake up, you brat.” Haneul spoke, in Korean.

“Yah, who’s this punk calling me in the early in the midnight?” Jongin cursed.

“It’s me. Me.” Haneul admitted.

“Who?” Jongin raised his voice, still not knowing who is on the line.

“Are there so many girls who cares for you?” Haneul asked, getting grumpy with Jongin’s ignorant act.

“Huh?”

“Which female that will call a jerk like you, huh?”

The soothing voice sounds familiar to Jongin, causing him to rises up from his bed, startled with the voice.

“Is it..”

Jongin took a line at the contact ID and his eyes widen up.

“It’s me, Haneul you brat.”

“Oh, Haneul-yah!”

Jongin sat on his bed, startled as he received the call from Haneul.

“What are you doing right now?” Haneul asked.

“It is the first time you call me, you know.” Jongin beamed to himself.

“Are you sleeping?” she asked.

“I’ve been waiting to get some calls from you, but you did not even call me once.” Jongin sadly said through the phone.

Jongin’s despair and hope could be felt by Haneul as he mutters those words. Haneul felt guilty but she gains her consciousness as he heard Jongin groaned in pain at the phone line.

“Are you not going to sleep?!”

A voice echoes through the phone.

“Kim Jongin, who is that?” Haneul asked.

“A senior. My roommate.” Jongin whispered.

“Ah, you must have disturbed him then.”

“I would not disturb him if you did not call me.” He bickered.

“So you do not want me to call you?” Haneul threatened.

“N-No, I mean that—“

And the line was cut off, by Haneul.

“Aish. This bastard.” Jongin glared Adam who threw the books towards him.

From: Haneul

Nice jersey.

Jongin smiles upon the messages. It came to his realization that he did not sent any of his pictures towards Haneul and also upload it on SNS.

He only sent it to……

Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol must have sent it to her.

Indeed Park Chanyeol is his very best friend.

That is what Kim Jongin thought. He drove himself to sleep, thinking that he will have a very good dream.

What he does not know is his very best friend has taken the girl that he really loves in his life.

How would he feel, getting betrayed by his own best friend, Park Chanyeol that he trusts so much?

Hello fellow readers! I'm so glad to have a chance to write stories for you guys? I've updated a new poster and background for this story^^ Did you guys like it? Hehe. I'm quite upset actually because I have requested for 3 shops to review this story, but I still did not receive any. Maybe I have to be a bit patient, right? So, readers, among the poster that I've requested, which one is the best? How's the story going? Keep updating yourself and comment anything that you guys wish to! An upvote will be much appreciated.

xoxo,

DalzRamli.