FORTY ONE

Confession

Ha Neul went back to the office on the next day. However, the miserable incident that she went through yesterday does not keep her off the hook. She slammed her head onto the desk as Miss Song came through her room.

“So, Miss Kang, the letters had already done, so we only need to send it to those who succeed the interview. Anything else?” she asked carefully, while scanning the gloomy Ha Neul.

“Nothing. Just proceed.” Ha Neul said, softly with her hands flapping signalling that everything is fine.

“Got it. If you need anything, I am ready to help.” Miss Song, with her short black hair offered.

As soon as Miss Song left the cold shivery room, Ha Neul let out a deep sigh.


2 days later,

“Hyeri, there is a letter for you!” Ms.Lee, who is wheeled-chair shouted.

“What is it about Mom?” asked Hyeri, who is busy at the kitchen, preparing for dinner.

“I don’t know, but it seems about your job.”

“M-my job?!” Hyeri choked down, as she was taking a taste of her curry gravy.

“Why do you sound so surprised, take a look.” Ms. Lee rolled the wheels over towards Hyeri.

“No! No! I do not want to see it!” Hyeri begged, pleading to bring the letter away from her.

“What is wrong with you! It is just an acceptance letter to the KCorp Mall, oh my! Did you apply there?” Ms.Lee gasped.

“Throw that letter away!” Hyeri stomped her feet, begging for her mother to throw the letter away.

“It is just a letter, Lee Hyeri!” Ms.Lee screamed in annoyance.

“It is not a letter! It’s a karma! A revenge of that Kang Ha Neul!” Hyeri stuttered miserably, with her brunette hair in a mess.

“What an absurd stuff you have to say! Just continue your dish,” Ms.Kang grunted and keep the letter into the drawer and continue reading the newspaper.

Later in the midnight, Hyeri tip-toed silently to the entrance and open the drawer, taking out the letter with a loud sigh.

It is written obviously about her acceptance as a salesgirl. She was happy on one side, but the other, she felt a giant knock was hitting on her continuously non-stop. She is working under the girl that she despises the most. But, her mind was brought away as her eye went in contact with her mother’s wheelchair. She needs to support her family. She is the only hope of her family. Her mother does not afford to do anything else outdoor. It is her turn to return the favour back.

Silently, she puts back the letter into the drawer and close it back, as if she never touches it tonight.


 

It is the first day for Hyeri to work. Unfortunately, the new employees had to greet the employers. On the same day, Mr.Kang was out-station to Jeju to manage his resort department there. So, no other than Ha Neul will replace her dad and greet the employees. Early in the morning, where the sun shines bright, Ha Neul walked in the mall with employees bowing 90 degree, greeting her gloriously.

What an act. Hyeri mumbled silently, in annoyance.

As Ha Neul approached her, Hyeri rebelled not to bow for Ha Neul.

Yah!” the employee next to Hyeri pulled her forcefully, making her to bow.

“Oh, Hyeri. Annyeong!” Ha Neul greeted, waving her hands towards her.

“I don’t know you.” Hyeri blurted, moving her eyes to the other place, getting up from her bowing position.

“Please show some respect.” Miss Song warned.

“Ah, its okay! She is my schoolmate!” Ha Neul smiled.

“No, I’m not.” Hyeri blurted.

“Eyy, drop down the ego already. Look where are you now.” Ha Neul snickered.

How dare she! Hyeri grunted.


A few moments later, after a tour around the mall, Hyeri was brought to the Travelling floor, where she is assigned to.

“Here is the luggages, you are assign to handle them. Make sure all of you manage to give the right information and the best service to the customer.” The manager warned.

Hyeri stood there silently while watching the price tags. She was not as busy as the other employees who are at the Clothes floor, which are having a big sale right now.

“Hello!” a greet with a few taps on Hyeri’s shoulder made her almost bursting out profanities.

“Yah! You surprised me!” Hyeri angried, as she saw Ha Neul behind her, grinning like a 5 years old child.

“How’s work?” Ha Neul asked, happily.

“It annoys me every single time that I was reminded of you.” Hyeri pointed directly towards Ha Neul.

“We can be best friend, you know.” Ha Neul whistled.

“I do not wish to.” Hyeri said, word by word.

“God knows what happens next.” Ha Neul smiled.

“Get rid of that smile. It annoys me to death.” Hyeri groaned.

“I’ll annoy you until the day I die. I promise.”

“Just go away and do your work!” Hyeri pushed Ha Neul away, making Ha Neul to fell down on the floor.

Instantaneously, guards approaching and surrounding them, followed by Miss Song.

What luck! Hyeri cursed.

“Miss Lee!” Miss Song exclaimed.

“I did not do anything harmful.” Hyeri ignorantly said.

“She pushed me really hard that I think that I hurt my knee!!” Ha Neul pretended to cry.

“Yah, Kang Ha Neul!” Hyeri exploded.

“Miss Lee!” Miss Song widen her eyes.

“No, don’t do anything to her. I know I’m in fault.” Ha Neul pouted.

“You are seriously in trouble, Miss Lee.”

Everyone was on their path back, except Ha Neul and Hyeri stood there on the same spot.

“You’re happy, aren’t you?” Hyeri gritted her teeth, holding her anger.

“So, where were we, hmm?” Ha Neul asked, with her fingers, gesturing below her chin, her eyes blinking in annoyingness.

Back at the office,

“Miss Kang, should we fire Miss Lee? She’s been rude all the time.” Miss Song asked, worried that it will affect the mall’s image.

“Don’t ever do that. She’s my friend.” Ha Neul said.

“If she is your friend, why does she seems to despise you very much?” Miss Song asked, feeling surprised with Ha Neul’s statement.

“I do not really want to let her go. She, is the one that seems to be, a good friend for me.” Ha Neul mumbled, but clear enough for Miss Song to hear her.