His World

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

Chapter Two

His World

 

Kai

The first thing I did when I woke up was check my phone; I was hoping that Krystal had texted me, telling me that she enjoyed my music, that I had good taste. But there was nothing, no reply. Many different thoughts went through my mind. Maybe I was too pushy? Or she didn’t like my music? Or she felt uncomfortable with me texting her?

 

I don’t know why, but I’ve always had the urge to talk to her. Yesterday was pretty incredible, I actually had a proper conversation with Krystal Jung; the girl who doesn’t crack. Following her to that rooftop was a magnificent idea. A smile kept on creeping on my face whenever I thought about her and her occasional giggles. I checked the time while I poured myself some water, I woke up before my alarm—what a surprise. I thought about texting Krystal but I decided not to, I didn’t want to be clingy or irritating. To erase her off my mind, I decided to go to school early today. It was very different of me to go to school so early, because usually I’m always late.

 

The moment I chucked my schoolbag in my car I received a call, it was from mum.

“Hello” I answered nervously.
“Did I leave my car keys in the house?” She asked.

No greeting, No how are you, No have you been okay by yourself for the past month

“I don’t know mum, I’ve been living by myself for a month.” I replied coldly.
“Jongin you’re 19, I’m sure you like living by yourself without me scolding you.” She spoke back.

Wow, she never fails to disappoint me.

“Forget it, I’m going to school.” I murmured and hung up.

 

My parents got divorced when I was 14, my dad re-married someone almost straight after the divorce. Him and his new wife had a baby together, her name is Nara and she is currently 4 years old. He contacted me a year after he left me and mum, he told me that he was happy with his new family and baby; I felt betrayed, after all I was only 15. But He said that I was still ‘his boy’.

 

About a year ago he asked me to baby sit Nara because my step mum and dad were both busy with work. I ended up forgiving my dad’s betrayal after meeting Nara for the first time. She’s the most gorgeous, adorable baby girl I’ve ever met; she is the only person in my life that makes me happy. I see her once every fortnight or sometimes once a week, depending on their work schedule and plus my step mum wasn’t a bad person…

 

Meanwhile mum has been dating some rich businessman and never comes home, she doesn’t give a about me. She doesn’t care if I come home beaten up with black eyes and bruises or with grades. She hasn’t treated me like a proper son after the divorce; I have tried to understand that she was badly affected by it, but that doesn’t mean she has to take the anger out on me right? One time when she came home after she had a fight with her boyfriend she told me that I was filthy because I had ‘dad’s blood’ in me. From then on I’ve disliked mum, she never gave me an apology for saying such harsh words.

 

She hasn’t been home for a month, I have not seen her for one whole month and that phonecall just then is how she treats me—so I would rather live by myself, I have a part time job at the convenience store nearby and dad often gives me pocket money and extra for taking care of Nara.

 

My anger began piling up from the thought of mum so I ended up throwing my phone somewhere in my car and I began driving to school furiously. I mean, how can she just not care about her own son? What am I to her? Rubbish?

Tears filled up my eyes and it blurred my vision, I wiped them off during the traffic lights. By the time I got to the school carpark my tears were dry but my eyes were bloodshot red. I hoped that no one would notice.

 

I left my phone in the car and only took out my school bag, the carpark was mostly empty and the door to the main building was locked. Since it’s the morning it was quite chilly, I decided to go back into my car. On my way I saw someone sitting on a bench, out of curiosity I walked towards the person; before I got to ask who they were the person turned around. She was quite surprised to see me—it was Krystal Jung. She awkwardly stared at me and stood up, I wondered why she didn’t reply to my text. I took a step away from her to give her some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter