Disappointment

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Twenty Four
Disappointment

 

Kai

 

The group has tried everything, and I mean it, everything except reporting it to the police.

 

It’s Friday night and she’s still missing.
I can’t do anything about it because I’m at work.

Her phone is completely turned off now and there is absolutely no trace of her, she could be anywhere out there, she could be unsafe.

 

I sighed again, staring out the window because there were no customers and I was too worried thinking about Soojung and where she might be.

 

By the time I finished my shift at work and was tucked in bed, hoping that she would call me, or leave me a text I checked my phone, to see no notifications from her. The group chat is going crazy because of Soojung’s disappearance, we’ve basically searched the whole suburb around her house and school but she’s nowhere to be found. I was supposed to report to the police today but I gave her one more day to reach out to us or call for help. But she didn’t.

 

I felt really disappointed in her; she could have still come to my house even if I was being a dickhead to her, even if I was pushing her away. I always told her that I’m there for her no matter what, she always nodded back but I don’t think she took it seriously.

 

 

The alarm would not stop ringing.

I had the urge to smash my phone because this was the first time this week that I was getting proper sleep.

My eyes opened up slowly and squinted at the bright phone shining up to the ceiling.

Then everything woke me up again, because… Because this isn’t my alarm, it’s still dark outside.

 

It was Soojung.

She was calling, she was finally calling me.

 

I immediately sat up and answered the call, placing the phone onto my ear.

“Soojung?” I asked.

“Hi sir, this is Lotte Hotel. Our customer Ms Jung Soojung was found in one of our rooms and she has been admitted to Seoul Hospital, you were number one on her spee---”

I dropped my phone and ran straight to the car, speeding my way to Seoul Hospital, which was about 20 minutes away. It was 2am and there weren’t many cars around so I began speeding, not giving a crap on the consequences. All that was going through my mind was Soojung. So she was hiding at a hotel all this time? Did she commit suicide? What if she did?

Tears brimmed up to my eyes as I reached the place in a short time, I parked my car in the middle of nowhere and ran as fast as I could to the emergency centre. There were doctors and nurses everywhere and all these different people from different accidents. I scanned the room and could not find Soojung.

 

In frustration I ran to the help desk and asked where she was, the nurse noticed my panicy look and took me straight to Soojung, who had her eyes closed. Is she sleeping or is she dead?! I couldn’t tell.

“Hi.” Someone said.

I turned around and saw an old man with a white gown and gold glasses. It was the doctor.

“What’s wrong with her? What happened?” I asked quickly.

“From what we have retrieved from the witnesses Ms Jung was found collapsed on the floor of her room at Lotte Hotel. They said that she ordered room service at this time and she didn’t answer the door so the worker opened the room with the masterkey and found her.” The doctor said.

“And it seems as though you were her number one on her speed dial so they let you know first.” A nurse said, rocking out of nowhere.

“But in terms of her condition, she did faint before but she’s sleeping now. She was dehydrated and she has no food in her system. I believe she has been starving herself, not just for the past few days but for quite some time now. Starvation is extremely dangerous, she needs as much nutrition and vitamins possible and from the look of her body she is terribly underweight for her age. If she doesn’t gain weight or fix her food habits, she will be diagnosed with an eating disorder which then leads to other outcomes.”

“O-Okay. Thank you.” I murmured with a bow.

The nurse covered the bed with curtains so that we weren’t so occupied with other emergency patients.

I grabbed a stool and sat down. I couldn’t believe it.

 

Maybe I should have confronted her when I saw those cuts on her arms. It all completely makes sense now, the way she ignored everyone and built huge walls to protect herself, the fact that she starves herself a lot of the time and self harms. It’s all because of the problems with her fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter