dark secrets

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Twenty Three
dark secrets

 

Krystal

 

School had finally finished and I was ready to crash back into bed. Jongin didn’t come to school today, I’m assuming he’s trying to avoid me again because I have the most amount of lessons with him on Fridays.

 

“Hey Krystal wait up!” Sehun called as he ran over to me.

“What’s up?” I asked, stopping at the school entrance.

“I was errr…. I was hoping that you could go to Kai’s place.” He said.

“Why?”

“He drank a lot of alcohol last night, numerous bottles of soju. You know he doesn’t drink alcohol very often, so I was hoping maybe you could check on him.” Sehun explained.

“Sehun, as you may or may not know, Jongin and I aren’t in speaking terms at the moment. He’s been ignoring me for a while.” I said.

“You’re his favourite. Please just go, he experiences bad hangovers.” Sehun said. “And plus, I don’t think he’s ignoring you deliberately.”

Why did Jongin drink so much when he knows he’s not strong on alcohol? Maybe I could use Sehun as an excuse to see him…

“Fine.” I murmured.

“Thanks!! See you on Monday Krystal!” Sehun said, giving me a hug then jogged back to the carpark.

 

I caught the bus to Jongin’s house, buying a warm drink on the way.
I felt worried, what if he was going through family issues again..? He wouldn’t just drink for no reason…

 

By the time my footsteps reached his door I stood there for about a minute, unable to click on the doorbell. When I did the door opened almost straight away. He looked at me with a surprised look, he must have just gotten out of the shower, his hair was still extremely damp.

 

“H-Hi.” I greeted, I couldn’t make eye contact with him so I looked down to my feet

 “What are you doing here?” Jongin asked coldly.

Ouch, no need to be so rude…

“Um.. Sehun asked me to come see you, he said he was worried and… yeah.” I quickly explained.
“Oh. I’m fine.” He murmured.

“Are you sure? Sehun was really worried.” I asked, looking up to make eye contact with him.

 “Yeah.” He said softly.

“Okay…”

“I heard you overdrank last night, here.” I said as I handed him the drink I bought on the way. 

There was an awkward silence, I mean… he didn’t even thank me…?!

 “Is it okay if you go?” Jongin asked.

My heart broke again, why was he acting so cold towards me? What did I do that hurt him so much? Shouldn’t it be the other way round, shouldn’t I be upset because he had a little yell at me at Kangwondo?!

“Y-Yeah.” I whispered, holding in the tears that were rising.

I turned around and began walking away, but I felt the urge to tell him that Suho and I aren’t dating. So I walked back and he widened his eyes a little, I faced him with the last bit of inner confidence I had and looked at him in the eye.

“I didn’t take your advice by the way.” I muttered.

He raised his eyebrows in confusion.

“The advice you gave me at Kangwondo.” I said and walked away before he replied.

 

I let the tear stroll down my cheek.
Why was I crying?
Oh yeah, because I liked him, a lot.

 

 

By the time I got home with all the disappointment I had, I laid in bed and read more of mum’s journal, attempting to find who this ‘Seoyeon’ person is. Reading the journal was what I spent most of my time on lately, with no distractions from Jongin I had nothing to do.

 

January 24, 2011

I went and saw him again a couple of days ago, to end this, the secret affair. But I couldn’t, it just… happened again. I feel terrible afterwards but I keep doing it. If the girls ever found out I cheated on their dad they would never want to see my filthy face ever again. I guess the only person I can tell about all this is Seyeon.

 

I frowned. Mum didn’t write what I thought she did right? My mum would never, ever cheat on my dad. We were a family before dad started cheating on her. Wait… were they cheating on each other?! Is that what was happening?!

 

“Don’t be mad at dad.”

 

---Her last words, does this entry have any relation to her last words?!

I decided to read further into the journal and ended up hurting myself after finding out the darkest secrets.

 

Fuming with anger I barged into Jessica’s room, she was on her desk looking at documents and she didn’t even realise I had walked in.

“Did you know?” I asked, feeling confused.

What if she did know? What if that’s why Jessica acts differently now?

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter