final: Beautiful Goodbye

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

 

Chapter Thirty Six
Beautiful Goodbye

 

(refer to chapter 4 & 6)

 

Krystal

 

I somehow managed to get inside his house and place him on his bed, he was sleeping like an angel and I honestly wanted to cuddle in his arms and sleep with him.

I was completely confused about the entire situation but that conversation before did help me sort out my feelings. We both have our own life problems and we can’t deal with them together and I guess not everything in life works out.

 

As I watch him sleep silently like an angel I looked around his room, this is probably the last time I’ll ever be in here, for a long time or even forever. I had another look at the framed photo of Jongin and Sehun when they were in junior high, I suddenly remembered that time when he saved me from step-mum’s birthday party and I was here, looking at these beautiful photos. I also saw the picture of him and Nara, the one of her kissing his cheek. I wish I had spent more time with her, that little girl helped Jongin so much.

I walked around his room and ended up in his closet; all I could smell was Jongin’s manly scent. Everything felt like Jongin, it felt like mine. On the doorknob was his favourite jacket, the one he loved so dearly, the one he leant to me. It was huge but so comfortable, I wore it all winter. On top of the jacket was a jumper, he wore it a couple of times and I really liked it when he did. It was baggy and grey, perfect to wear everywhere. I grabbed the jumper and felt his presence, that’s when I decided that I wanted to take it to America; to have a piece of him with me.

 

I was definitely not fond of leaving Jongin by himself here, so I decided to ditch the party. I called Suho and told him what happened and he said he would let everyone else know. There was not much I could do for Jongin, I squeezed in his bed and watched him sleep, not creepily but… I really loved him… I felt somewhat relieved that our relationship was heading this way because deep down, deep deep down I knew we were falling apart somehow.

 

 

 

 

My eyes flickered open and I realised it was 6 in the morning. I turned my face and Jongin was still fast asleep, I decided that it would be time for me to leave.

 

I made him some warm soup and other food that might help him get over his hangover, I also left a small message telling him that I understood clearly what he said and what he intended to say.

 

 

Kai

 

I was greeted by the worst headache I could ever imagine, I had faint flashbacks from last night but not so much. How did I even end up back into my cozy bed?!

 

After a cold shower I walked towards the kitchen and found food that was covered in gladwrap.

 

Jongin.

Hopefully this can help you overcome your hangover.
I completely understand your point of view, thanks for
being honest with me last night. After talot of thought
I think I feel the same way as you. Your car is still in
the carpark by the convenience store.
Eat up and get well!

love, Soojung

 

I didn’t remember much from last night but I was obviously drunk and Soojung probably brought me home. I uncovered the food and ate it willingly, I never realised how much of a great cook Soojung is, I wish I had more of it.

 

Before I began to think about anything else about last night Chanyeol called and I ended up going to his house to play games.

 

“So are you gonna go to the airport?” Chanyeol asked.

“Probably not.” I murmured.

“Have you guys… officially broken up now?”

“Kind of. We had a talk last night but I was too drunk so I don’t remember what happened.” I explained.

“Well.. I think you should at least see her one more time before she leaves.” Chanyeol suggested.

“It’s just going to hurt more… Sending her off.” I murmured.

“Then don’t send her off, ask her to stay.”

“As much as I would love to Chanyeol, life is more complicated than that.” I said.

“Fine. But you should still see her before you leave.” He said, giving in.

 

 

I took Chanyeol’s advice and decided that seeing her the night before she leaves is the best idea. I pressed her number onto my phone and nervously waited for her to answer, she did straight away.

 

“Hello?” She spoke.

“Hey, its me.” I said.

“Hey.” She whispered.

“Are you free? Right now do you have time?” I questioned.

“Umm… yeah.”

“Can I see you for a bit?” I asked.

“Sure.”

“Meet me at Hongdae starbucks in 20 minutes?”

“Alright, see you then.”

 

Hongdae was where we had our first official date, sure Soojung and I had a lot of outings but Hongdae was pretty memorable to me. I stared into the full length mirror looking at my outfit, it wasn’t that great but it was the simple casual look Soojung liked. I breathed in and out deeply and jumped in my car.

 

 

Last time I met up with her at Hongdae starbucks I was there first, but this time she was. I spotted her as soon as I walked in, she saw me too.

“Hey.” I said, sitting down.

“Hey there.” She smiled warmly.

“Wanna go out?” I asked.

She nodded and followed me outside with a takeaway coffee in one hand.

It felt really weird not holding her hand, but I guess I have to get used to it now.

“Jongin can you do me a favour?” She asked, all of a sudden.

“What is it?” I asked back.

She sighed and looked deeply into my eyes. “Just for the couple of hours we’re together tonight… Can we--- Can we act like we haven’t.. broken up? Just tonight?”

I froze for a moment. But I nodded because I wanted the same as her. Without replying and with some confidence I reached for her hand and intertwined it with mine.

 

 

We spent the rest of the night like no problems ever happened between us, we both laughed together, smiled together like all the other couples on dates. For a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter