Caught

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

Chapter Fifteen
Caught

BLOOD REFERENCE

 

Krystal

 

I got home just before 4pm and was greeted by my step mum, dad and Jessica on the couch, surrounding the living room. They are stared at me in unison and I tried my best to pretend that they didn’t exist. But dad had stopped me from walking.

“We have media coming as well. You have to do well today.” He said.

I looked at him with disgust, of course that’s all his cares about. Does he not remember that today was the worst day of my life? And that mum died on this day, many years ago?!

I didn’t give a response and went straight to my bedroom. I sighed, today was a very long day.

 

I quietly took out mum’s journal and placed it next to me on the bed. I was about to open it until my step mum barged in. I quickly hid the journal underneath the bed sheet so that it wasn’t seen.

“What” I said coldly.

“Just wanted to know what dress you were wearing so we don’t clash.” She said casually.

“Don’t worry, it wont clash with your ugly colours.” I insulted.

She gave me a rude frown and walked out.

 

Before I had the chance to open the journal back up again, the maid walked in my room with a smile on her face.

I sat down properly and greeted her, considering she was the only person I liked in this house.

“How was today Ms Jung?” She asked politely.

“It was great but please… Just call me Soojung.” I said. Yes, I said Soojung. Not Krystal.

“I feel more comfortable calling you Ms Jung. Anyway, I got you your outfit.” She said, revealing what she was holding behind her back.

I smiled. “Thank you.” I said softly and she walked out.

 

The outfit was somewhat great, it was a long sleeve white top that was semi see through and a nice short-mid length dark blue skirt. I placed that on the bed and brought journal back out. Flipping to the second entry.

 

 

Here I was, greeting the guests one by one next to dad and Jessica. It felt awful but I had to deal with it, after all I am a Jung.

“Oh look your friend is coming.” Dad whispered.

I frowned, then realised it was Suho. He looked very handsome, he was wearing a black tux and his hair was slicked back. Usually it was down with his fringe showing, but I got to look into his glittery eyes very clearly for the first time.

“Mr and Mrs Kim.” Dad greeted.

“And Suho.”

I bowed gently and smiled at Suho, who was endlessly staring at me.

“You must be Krystal. Suho has told us about you!” His mum said with a bright smile.

I bowed quietly again and greeted her.

 

When all the greetings with guests had finished, I was walking around with my glass of champagne, trying to find Suho. I felt slightly tipsy, just from that one drink and bumped into someone, who happened to be the person I was looking for.

“Hello.” He greeted.

“Hi.” I greeted back.

“Why were you staring at me so much before?” I blurted out; I blamed it on the alcohol.

He chuckled. “Because I think you look beautiful tonight.”

I smiled and thanked him, then complimented him back.

 

“I hate these parties.” I mentioned Suho and I sat on one of the tables.

“Me too.” He agreed.

“They’re just so…. Terrible.”

“I agree.”

 

“Oh there you are.” Jessica suddenly appeared out of nowhere with the sweetest fake smile.

“Yeah.” I muttered.

“Hi, you must be Suho. I’m Jessica, her sister.” Jessica pulled out her hand and greeted Suho.

“I’m Suho, Krystal’s friend.”

“If you don’t mind, I’m going to be stealing her for a second, we have an interview.” She said.

I growled quietly. I don’t want to do this stupid interview.

“Come on sis.” She said with a smile and dragged my arm towards the huge cameras.

 

The flash hurt my eyes, a lot.

The talks hurt my brain, a lot.

Why was I here celebrating my dad’s birthday while my mum is dead?

“So we would like to know Krystal, rumours say you attend the same school as the Kim co-operate executive son, is this true?” The interviewer asked.

Everyones attention was on me, including the cameras.

“Yes.” I replied coldly.

“They’ve only just gotten closer as friends.” Jessica said, correcting my response. I only rolled my eyes.

“Maybe we might see some romance ahead?” The interviewer teased. I frowned at him and he immediately stopped.

“So how are you on this evening?”

“I’m very good thanks.” I said, gritting my teeth. I hated making up lies.

“We heard that your father-----

 

Everything sort of zoned out.

I knew Jessica was answering all the interview questions.

I wasn’t even paying attention.

For a moment I thought about everything. The fact that I have to wear these stupid clothes to celebrate a stupid birthday, on the ing day my mum died. On the day my other half died. On the day Soojung died.

Eventually, tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter