When he already knew

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Twenty Nine
When he already knew

 

Kai

 

My footsteps automatically turned towards where Suho was standing and as I got closer to him, I felt nervous.

“Hey Jongin.” Suho muttered.

“Hey.” I greeted plainly.

An awkward silence filled our atmosphere and all that was heard were the cars rushing up and down the street. I decided to speak first, well.. Apologise.

“I’m sorry about the other day… Well.. a couple of days ago. I was really out of line.” I said sincerely, hoping that he’d understand.

“It’s fine, nothing bruised on my pretty face.” Suho replied.

“So Krystal’s asleep?” He asked.

“Yeah, she’s had a rough night, long story.” I explained.

He nodded. “You know, I have nothing against you two being together. I know you wont hurt her and I for sure know you two both love eachother a lot.”

“Sorry.” I whispered.

“It’s fine. I just need… time to get over it you know? I mean, she may not like me as much as she likes you but I definitely like her as much as you do.” Suho said.

“I know.” I murmured.

“Cool.” He muttered.

“I was actually here to see Krystal but if she’s asleep, I’ll leave her alone.” He said.

I nodded “Suho.” I said abruptly.

He lifted his eyebrows in response.

“Thanks. For taking care of Krystal and being her and my best friend.” I said.

He nodded quietly and walked back to his car and drove off.

 


I wasn’t very surprised when I walked back into my bedroom and found Soojung still wide awake. The thought of Suho visiting just then had rushed away and all my focus was on her. She looked at me with a small, forced grin and looked back on the laptop screen. It was obvious that she wasn’t enjoying the tv show I’d suggested, so I went over to the bed and shut the laptop screen then put it away.

“Hey I was watching that!” She exclaimed.

“Were you really?” I confronted.

She didn’t reply.

“I heard the front door opening. Why did you go outside?” Soojung asked curiously.

“Suho was here just then.” I answered. I wasn’t planning on telling her tonight but I guess I became too honest.

“W-Why?”

“He called your phone and I picked up, and I told him you were asleep but he came and talked to me anyway” I quickly explained.

“What did he say?”

“Nothing much, it was a 5 minute conversation. I apologised to him and stuff. Plus I thought you could talk to him tomorrow instead, you have a lot on your plate right now.” I said.

She nodded in agreement.

“Yeah I’m not really in the right state or mood to talk to him, thanks for sending him away.” She said.

 

 

I had spent the majority of my week with Soojung, and I liked it.
No one in the group complained because they sort of knew how much we mismatched with our directions and also knew we needed some privacy together. She had slept at my house every single night and I ended up suggesting to her to move in, she made no complaints and only brought a few things she needed for now. After all her family didn’t really care. I started re-decorating mum’s old bedroom, to turn it into hers. Soojung’s mum’s journal is also there, I only let her touch it when we lay in bed together at night. We’ve decided to take things a lot slowly after what had happened the other night, one journal entry a day was the new rule.

 

It had also been about a week since I saw dad and Nara, well.. Mainly dad. I wasn’t updated on the court case situation and with Soojung around me 24/7 I couldn’t meet up with him. Plus I hadn’t told him that Soojung was a victim of the car crash, who knows what kind of reaction I’d get?

 

My mind has been filled with worries, they’re all related to Soojung and even though I’ve only known her well for 10 months or something she’s the centre of my world now, officially.

 

Dad decided to call me during lunch time, so I had to go outside and take it, in case he said anything indifferent. The first thing I had asked him was about the court case, he told me that he was likely to get a huge fine because he went over the speed limit by 20, though the accident purely remains to be an accident. When he began talking about Nara and how she was doing I budged in and told him that one of the victims of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter