His Jacket

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes

 

Chapter Six
His Jacket

 

Krystal

 

Weeks had passed once again. My friendship with Kai grew closer day by day and it made me happy, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about him.

 

I recognise myself as a ‘different’ person from everyone else. Ever since I fell in that slump I never got out of it. Sometimes I am happy and I feel okay about everything, but other times I feel like my world is breaking down and I just want to kill myself. Usually I’m on the second side, which is why I tend to self harm. But lately I think I’ve been more on the happy side- ever since I got closer to Kai he never made me feel lonely. When I texted him he would reply within 2 minutes, when I told him I was bored he would tell me we should go for a walk, meet halfway between our houses.

 

I’m still scared, very scared that he’ll leave me behind, that he’ll change—like everyone else. But I can’t stop myself from interacting with him, it’s hard.

 

He picks me up every day now, he sacrifices his sleeping time to get me on time to school. Today I decided to meet him at the bus stop, the one I always go to before school. I was sitting on the bench, the breeze was getting stronger as it got closer to the of winter. I regretted not wearing a thicker coat.

I was greeted by Kai calling out my name several metres away from where I was standing. I waved back and smiled at him. He was no different to yesterday, his hair was down and swifted to the left, his bags were right underneath his eyes.

“It’s freezing today.” He frowned, sitting next to me.
“It is.” I pouted, tapping on the ground to hide myself shivering.

“Why are you wearing such a thin jacket?!”Kai gasped, immediately taking off his coat.

“No Kai just wear that for yourself! You’ll freeze to death!” I exclaimed.

“At least wear this.” He murmured as he continued taking off his coat. He had another jacket on, the jacket was familiar, he seemed to wear that nearly every day. He handed me that jacket and I accepted it, still feeling bad. Kai put his coat back on and slid his hands in his pockets.

It fit perfectly on top of mine. The jacket itself just felt warm and it smelt like him; his scent was imprinted on it.

“When is the bus coming?” He asked.

“In a minute.” I said, standing up to see if there was a bus coming. Then I spotted it driving towards my direction.

“It’s here.” I announced. Kai stood up and walked towards me .

 

We didn’t talk much on the bus, we were both listening to music—sharing earphones. When we nearly arrived at school, I took out his half of the earphone and began packing up.

“Why didn’t we just get in my car? Which has heaters and it isn’t necessary to wait?” Kai questioned, as we got off the bus.

“Because that’s what’s fun about bus rides. Plus I’m trying to save some petrol for you.” I smiled awkwardly.

He laughed and ruffled my hair.

“It was fun. Let’s do it again tomorrow.” He murmured.

 

The day went by pretty quickly, probably because Kai was in my lessons. Nowadays he sat with me instead of his other friends; which they didn’t seem to mind. When the bell to our lunch break went, I walked out of class with Kai. All the girls were whispering and weirdly staring at me. I was used to it but Kai didn’t deserve the dirty looks.

 

“Why has she been right next to Kai for the past few weeks?!” A girl whispered to her friend.
“Probably trying to take his ity away.” Another girl whispered.
“God she’s such a !”

 

Those words did hurt, because I could hear them. I knew Kai could hear them too. Sometimes it made me re-think why Kai followed me to the rooftop that day. He’s the school’s wannabe. Everyone likes him, everyone finds him good looking, everyone is attracted to him. Before I never knew why but now I understand. He’s gorgeous!

We continued to walk down the long corridor without a word, suddenly he put his arm around my shoulders, the girls’ whispering and staring got worse.

“Your fangirls are watching” I whispered.

“I don’t care.” He spoke back.

I smiled, feeling really delighted.

 

By the time we got to our table, the whole group was already there. Turns out that we were the last ones. The group teased us occasionally about the whole ‘dating, liking’ thing but we didn’t really react to it so they’ve started to stop. Over the past few weeks I’ve opened up a little bit more to everyone, I think they really appreciated it; they’ve been talking to me more. A few friends wont hurt..

“I have a question.” Chanyeol said, widening his eyes.

“What is it”

“Krystal is that jacket Kai’s?” Chanyeol asked.

I stared at myself, I realised I was still wearing his jacket from this morning. It was under my school uniform and I completely forgot to return it!

Everyone’s attention was on me, they all gasped then stared at Kai. Kai was casually eating his lunch, not caring.

“KIM JONGIN” Luna screeched.

“That jacket.” Sulli spoke. “Is Kai’s absolute favourite favourite favourite jacket. He can’t live without it. He gets like heart attacks when it’s in the wash.” She explained.

I was still very confus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter