Jealousy

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 


Chapter Twelve
Jealousy

 

Kai

 

“So how were my basketball skills? Do I deserve some cup ramen?” Suho asked Krystal as he sat next to her.

I frowned, because I’m obviously confused.

First of all, I always sit next to Krystal, that is always my seat. Secondly, cup ramen? What the hell is he on about? Thirdly, since when did they get so close?!

 

“What’s with the angry frown Kim Jongin?” Sehun asked as he interrupted my thoughts.

“Nothing.” I looked up to him with a reply, then sat on the other spare seat next to Krystal.

“Alrighty then.”

 

All throughout lunchtime I listened to Suho and Krystal chatting about some useless bull that I didn’t want to hear about. I didn’t even get a chance to talk to Krystal and Sehun definitely noticed me getting angry. He sent me occasional eyebrow lifts and chuckles. This is not funny.

 

The bell finally went and I was keen to go to my lesson because it was with Krystal, alone time with Krystal, finally. I stood up and bid farewell to everyone and waited for Krystal to stop talking to Sulli. She then turned to me with a beautiful smile.
“Let’s go.” She whispered as she started walking.
I traced her footsteps and eventually caught up to her.
“So since when were you and Suho best friends?” I asked casually.

Krystal turned her face to me and chuckled. “Since never.” She replied.

“You guys were like talking throughout the whole lunch.” I murmured.

“Yeah we sort of bonded. Isn’t that what you wanted to see anyway?” She questioned with a light frown.
“Y-Yeah y-yeah of course.” I stuttered.

 

“You’re good at basketball.” Krystal said, suddenly changing topics.
I smiled at her compliment, it was nothing but I was so happy.

“Thanks.”

“Still haven’t seen you dance properly.” She teased.

I just laughed back.

“You seem to be in a better mood.” I mentioned.

“I am.” She responded as we finally walked into the maths class.

“I’m trying to be more happy actually.”

“That’s good” I smiled.

“Yeah.”

“So did you do the maths homework?” I asked as we unpacked.

“.” Krystal murmured. “I forgot.”

“Me neither. Wanna ditch before the teacher comes?” I asked.

“But….”

“Come on Krystal I know you want to.” I laughed. “Plus, it’s last lesson!”

“Fine.” She giggled.

So we walked out of the maths room and ran upstairs, right to the area Krystal liked the most, the rooftop.

 

Doors swung open and we were greeted by a cold, fresh breeze of the wind. She let her arms out and went straight to the bench and sat down. I followed her and also sat down, placing my bag on the ground.

“It’s always so nice here.” She said.

“How did you even find this place?” I asked.

“I don’t even remember to be honest.” She laughed.

“I wonder what the time is.” She quietly whispered as she pulled up her long sleeve top to look at her watch.

I continued staring at the view but from the corner of my eye, I could spot the marks I saw that night. I think she realised that she was accidently revealing her cuts so she pulled her sleeve down straight away.

Whatever the reason is, I wanted to tell her to stop. It is so… unhealthy and terrible for her. But I can’t confront her now, she might freak out.

 

“Hey Krystal.” I spoke up.

“Yeah?” She responded.

“Do you trust me?” I asked.

“That’s a hard question Kai.”

“I know.”

“You know I can’t answer that.” She said.

“Yeah I know.”

“I’m sorry.” She said, with a low tone.

“No you don’t have to be sorry, it was my mistake for even asking such a personal question in the first place.” I said.

See, she was so fragile, even with the littlest words that mean nothing. I didn’t want to see her break, again.
 

“You’re such a mysterious person Kai. You’re like the prince that rocked up out of nowhere like those fairy tales. You keep doing something I don’t want you to do and that’s why my trust on you is so…”

“What is it that I don’t want you to do?” I asked suddenly, without even thinking it through. Stupid.
For a moment she didn’t reply.

“I just… That’s personal again.” She scoffed. “Such a pathetic answer.”

“No it’s not, I understand.” I said.

 

Another long dead silence filled out atmosphere, but I somehow knew Krystal was just processing things through her mind and I totally respected that.

 

But suddenly that long, dead silence was broken when Krystal leaned her head onto my shoulder, snuggling a little closer to me. I smelt that rich, strawberry hair scent that was flying with the wind and I also felt her skinny, flimsy body again.

 

“Thanks.” She whispered.

“For what?” I asked.

“For everything.”

 

This became another one of those moments where my heart rushed a million miles per hour.

 

 

“So when are you gonna ask her out?” Sehun asked out of the blue as we walked towards the carpark.

“You did not just ask me that question Oh Sehun.”

“What? You technically told me you like her.” He said with a frown.

“What if she’s here somewhere, keep it down.” I murmured.

“Dude she’s not here, Sulli and her are doing something. Sulli’s been telling me all about her plans for after school this week and Krystal was included.” He explained.

“Whatever.”
“So when are you gonn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter