Kangwondo

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Nineteen
Kangwondo

 

Kai

 

It has been quite a few weeks, maybe even a month (not keeping track of my time) since Soojung and I last kissed. Since then we have been acting like normal friends and she really isn’t bringing up what’s happening  between us. Lets just say, I’m going insane. Advice from Sehun hasn’t been working at all, I’ve tried to be flirty towards her but she never ever brought up the topic. Many weeks have passed since our first kiss and I still get butterflies in my stomach even thinking about it.

 

Going down to Kangwondo to Suho’s beach house was an annual thing for the group. We’ve been doing it ever since junior year but we were in parents’ supervision back then. Last year and this year, we have been responsible enough to go down and spend the time ourselves. It’s basically the last bit of ‘holiday’ I’m going to get before end of year exams and university enrolment.

 

I’ve still been trying to figure out a way for Soojung to approach me but she hasn’t. A part of me assumes that she’s too shy and she’s waiting for me to confess first. Another part of me says that she doesn’t take these hook-ups seriously and I’m friendzoned. I haven’t told anyone yet but I’m planning to risk my special friendship with Soojung. I’m planning to tell her that I have strong, intense feelings for her. This was really just chance though, we could develop into a relationship or worsen our friendship. But I couldn’t hold it in anymore, it’s been more than a month, I’m sick of it.

 

“Change the song Chan.” Sulli said as she turned to her window side of the seat to inhale fresh air.

“No I like this song.” Chanyeol refused.

“Just change it for god sake. I’m sick of girl groups.” She said again and ended up changing the song herself.

It was a bad idea to get in a car for 4 hours with Chanyeol and Sulli. Luckily I was sitting at the backseats so I could plug in my headphones and zone out for the long car ride, well… Until it was time for me to drive.

“Why?! Girls’ Generation have the best songs you know.” Chanyeol bickered.

“They have good songs but you overplay them. You know we’ve been listening to them for the past 2 hours Chanyeol.” Sulli exclaimed.

“Pffft. Whatever.” Chanyeol scoffed.

We were only driving through empty roads and occasional forests, I was wondering where our first stop-over was.

“When is our stop-over?” I asked.

“Why? Missing Krystal too much?” Sulli teased.

“No Sulli, I need to toilet.” I said, but that was a lie. And Sulli was right, I kind of wanted to see Krystal.

I wish I was in the same car as her.

“It’s in about 5 minutes.” Chanyeol responded.

“Okay.”

 

By the time we got to the rest area with all the food shops, we spotted everyone else already having their lunch. Looks like we were the last ones to arrive.

 

I took a seat very casually next to Soojung, who happened to be sitting on the end. I hadn’t seen her since Tuesday or Wednesday because I was busy with dance training at lunch times and we had no lessons together. Plus the others picked her up straight from her house this morning, which is why I was so eager to see her.

 

She greeted me with a warm smile, and she was wearing the simplest clothes but she managed to pull it off so well. How can a girl still look stunning with a air of jeans and a plain white long sleeve top?!

“Want some?” She offered some of her food.
“No you have it, I’ll go buy my own.” I rejected politely.

“Want me to come with you?” She asked.

“Uhhh… Yeah.” I smiled.

We both stood up at the same time, grabbing the group’s attention.

“Where are you guys going?” Luna asked curiously.

“Just going to get food.” I said.

“But Krystal’s already got food.” Suho spoke.

“She wants to get a drink.” I said, quickly making up a lie.

“Oh let me come with you two!” Chanyeol said, reaching out for his wallet.

“NONONO Chanyeol you have to come with me to get ramen!” Sulli exclaimed, already half way through pulling him out of the seat.

Sulli gave me a wink then dragged Chanyeol away. I laughed and began walking to the other direction with Soojung.

“So how has life been?” I asked casually.

“Not too bad. You?” She giggled.

“Yeah not bad, slightly tiring but not bad.” I replied. “Oh! Did I tell you about my dad finally buying my house?” I asked.

“No? You told me he was going to buy it for you… So it actually happened?” She questioned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter