An unexpected visit

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

Chapter Fourteen
An unexpected visit

 

Kai

 

I watched Krystal stay still, she was frozen in place. I noticed her hands were shaking a lot, I didn’t know what to do.

“It’s mum’s journal.” She finally spoke up.

I frowned.

Krystal stood up and walked towards the reception area. She pressed on the button which calls for the staff. The lady that gave me the journal came back out and saw Krystal. I walked towards where Krystal was and stood by her side.

“I-I was j-just wondering how and why this was here.” Krystal said very quietly.

“A woman came in early in the morning today and asked to pass it down if anyone visited the same person as her. Ever since then I asked all the people that have visited so far, no one has responded to the deceased’s name except this gentleman.” The lady explained.

“D-Do you know who the woman was? What did she look like?” Krystal asked, sounding extremely desperate.

“I asked for her name but she said she wanted to remain anonymous, so I don’t know her name. She had dark brown hair and maybe in her mid 30s?”

“Have you seen that lady around before?” I suddenly asked.

“Yes I think I have, she seems to live quite closeby, she used to visit many times a couple of years back, I think.” She said, frowning.

“Thank you. Umm… If she ever comes in again could you please give her this?” Krystal asked, handing her a piece of paper with her phone number.

The lady nodded.

“Thank you so much.” I said and I assisted Krystal to the exit.

 

“I need to know who this person is.” Krystal murmured.

“Are you going to read it?” I asked.

She nodded and sighed.

“Maybe its one of your mum’s friends? Or family perhaps?” I suggested.

“No I’ve kept in contact with her closest friends… And she was the only child, and my grandparents are dead.” She said.

“I can help you find this person.” I offered.

“That would be great.”

 

Krystal and I kept on walking down the peaceful road, we walked pass the bus stop and went to the next one, just for fresh air.

“What’s the time?” She asked.

I stared at my phone screen that had just lighted up. “2:15pm.”

 

We continued walking in silence until I decided to break the atmosphere again. I was so eager to know why Krystal had called herself Soojung in front of her mum, even though she hated being called that name.

“Why did you call yourself Soojung in front of your mum?” I asked, without thinking it through twice.

“Because…” She murmured. “Because that’s the real me. Krystal is just some faze I’m going through, Although I hate being called Soojung that’s reality. I’m Soojung no matter what. I’m still my mums second baby girl Soojung.” She explained. “Does that even make sense?” She asked with a chuckle.

“Sort of.” I replied.

“You know you suit Jongin better than Kai.” She said, looking at me.

I frowned. “Why?”

“I think Kai’s just the mask and you’re just trying to cover up the real you… Like me. But Jongin sounds more comforting… and it feels more like you, even though I call you Kai.” She explained again.

“Then call me Jongin.” I said, I did not think that through again. But if she liked and wanted to call me Jongin, I don’t mind that. If she can help me be the ‘new’ Jongin, I’m more than happy to take her guidance.

“Then can I call you Soojung?” I asked confidently.

Krystal thought it through for a while but she smiled at me and nodded.

 

In no time we were at the bus stop, we both sat on the bench.

“What if you’re late Sooj--” I stopped what I was saying when I noticed her gritting her teeth and shivering.

The weather was getting colder through the afternoon and the sun had disappeared. I didn’t know how to help her because I was only wearing one layer, like her.

“Jongin.” She said casually without looking at me.

I smiled, for some reason I really liked it when she called me Jongin.
“Yes… Soojung?” I responded.

I was startled by Soojung’s reactions. Wow it really did feel weird calling her Soojung now.
My heart suddenly bounced up and down rapidly. She held my hand. Not in the friendly way but the actual intertwining fingers. I looked at her but she was still facing the road. With the self confidence building up I squeezed my hand tighter.

 

 

There was around 30 minutes left of the bus ride and Krystal had fallen asleep and for the past hour we hadn’t let go of our hands. To make me go even more insane her head was resting on my shoulder. I couldn’t help but stare at her beautiful face so close up, her long eyelashes were springing outwards while her hair was getting in the way. She seemed rather uncomfortable. I slowly reached out my hand to move the little bit of hair that was getting in the way and from that she flung her eyes open very slowly and calmly. I quickly moved my hand back to where it was. I felt Krystal… I mean Soojung slowly lifting up her head and she yawned softly.

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you up, its just that you looked uncomfortabl--”
“It’s fine Kai.” She said with a light grin.

“What happened to Jongin?” I laughed.

“Oh yeah. Jongin.” She whisper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter