When friendship grows

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

Chapter Three
When friendship grows

 

Krystal

Over the past week my friendship with Kai grew quicker, we had a lot of lessons together at school; he ditched his friends to sit with me, which was really nice of him. We even hung out after school, he asked me to help him with his biology homework but it turned out he knew much more than I did. Yesterday we skipped class and went up to the rooftop; we silently listened to music and embraced the cold wind. The group eventually stopped teasing us because we didn’t give them the reactions they wanted. Speaking of the group I got a little closer to the boys, turns out that they’re actually really nice and fun to talk to. Kai helped me build my friendship with them. For the past couple of days he’s been coming to school as early as me just to hang out, he never questioned me on why I came to school so early. Spending nearly 24/7 (including texting) with someone felt weird, I’ve always been used to being by myself and do things alone, but now that there’s someone beside me who cares about me I feel more… Secure…? No one except Sulli has ever tried to make such a big effort to get closer to me, I’m so thankful Kai followed me to that rooftop.

 

“What are you thinking about?” A husky voice whispered which made me twitch a little.
“You scared me!” I exclaimed, closing my eyes.
“Sorry.” He quickly apologised.
“It’s okay.”

“Will you forgive me?” Kai asked, handing over a warm hot chocolate.
I smiled and took it thankfully, the weather was getting colder and I struggled to wait 30 minutes outside for the school doors to open.

“Come on, let’s go inside my car.” He murmured as he began walking.

I nodded as I followed him. The hot chocolate was sweet and warm. It melted in my mouth within seconds.

 

It has been 1 and half weeks since I haven’t self harmed, that is the longest it’s ever happened and I’m hoping that it stays like this. My mind has been happier ever since I started talking to Kai, he was so gentle and caring towards me. He had the most perfect timing, when I felt like he would text me without even knowing my mood. He gave me compliments occasionally which melted my heart, no one had ever been so warm to me; except my mum of course, oh and my sister, before she changed.

 

“You’ve been daydreaming a lot, is there something bugging you?” Kai asked, lightly frowning.

My mind came back to reality, I need to stop drifting into my own thoughts, it’s such a bad habit.

“No, nothing is bugging me.” I replied.

“Are you sure? You seem a little bit pale.” He mentioned.
“Yes I’m sure. Don’t worry about me I am completely fine.”

 

 

“Now she’s aiming for Kai oh my god.”

“Kai is way too good for her! Why would he even hang out with a girl like Krystal Jung?!”
“She’s so ugly.”

The whispers about me never stopped, I don’t know what people had against me, its not like I did anything bad to them. Suddenly a pair of earphones were plugged into my ears. Kai gently patted my back and allowed me to block out everyone’s conversation about me. For once I was able to walk down the corridors without having to listen to all the bull.

I took out the earphones when I got to my locker, Kai leaned on the one next to mine and watched me grab my books for first lesson.

“I hate social studies.” He pouted.

“Why? You have Mr Ryu don’t you? He doesn’t even teach.” I said.
“I hate social studies because you’re not in my class.” He spoke.

I stopped grabbing my stuff and stared at him for a brief moment. What was I supposed to say to that?! I mean, what do you react to that?! And why the hell did I feel so happy and nervous?

Thank god Sehun and Sulli came over before I could say anything.

“Hey Krystal.” Sehun greeted.
“Hey Sehun and Sulli.” I smiled.
“Hi Kai how are you? Oh hi there Sehun and Sulli, I’m good thanks.” Kai said, rolling his eyes.
“You don’t deserve a greeting.” Sehun said.
“Um why is that? What have I done that’s so wrong?” Kai questioned jokingly.

“Ugh come on lets go.” Sehun said, pulling Kai away.
“I’ll catch you later Krys!” Kai yelled.

Sulli laughed and linked arms with me, we walked to our first class which we had together.

“You and Kai seem to be getting closer, are you guys in a thing?” Sulli asked out of the blue.

“N-No!” I stuttered.
“Aw Krystal you’re blushing!” Sulli teased.
I covered my cheeks with my hands trying to cool my heated body down.

“I’ve known Kai since I was 5, we’ve been child hood friends and trust me I have never seen him try so hard in front a girl.” She said.

“You’ve known him since you were 5?” I asked, feeling a little bit shocked.

“Yeah, same with Chanyeol. We were the three best friends that anyone could have!” Sulli sang.

 

That was actually quite shocking to hear, they’ve known eachother since they were 5, no wonder why they always have arguments.

 

During class I received a text from Jessica, I didn’t want to open it, I was too scared. So once class finished I took my phone out of my pocket and opened the text.

 

From: Jessica

You have to be home by 5pm tonight, step-mum’s birthday party starts at 7pm. There are heaps of people coming so be prepared.

 

What? A freaking party?

Of course no one notified me on this, parties that are held in my house means that they’re important and big. I had to attend every single one of them or else my dad would yell harshly at me. Speaking of my father, he’s calling me for the first time in forever.

 

“Hello” I answered.
“Your mum’s party starts at 7pm, don’t even think about ditching it Krystal. There are photographers, other business people and journalists coming. You have to look good and act polite.” He said coldly.

“She’s not my mum. You didn’t have to call me I already know what’s happening.” I spoke.

“Good.” He murmured as he hung up the phone.

 

“Hey Krystal, are you up for a movie night with me today?” Kai asked, literally appearing out of nowhere.

“Uhhh… I would love to but I cant, I just got notified on a stupid birthday party tonight.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter