Their connections

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Five
Their connections

 

Kai

 

My eyes opened up very slowly from reflecting sunlight. My fingers rubbed my eyes as I let out a silent yawn, then I realised I was sleeping on the sofa. Oh yeah, Krystal slept over. I jerked up and looked around the house, thank god I woke up before her… My clicked on the buttons of my phone, 10:30am. I frowned, as I lifted my body up. I walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water, but then I realised that I really needed the toilet. The only bathroom in the house was the ensuite in my room. So I tiptoed into my room and found Krystal, still soundly asleep. Instead of going into the bathroom my feet led me to Krystal, there were dark circles underneath her eyes even though she was sleeping. For a moment she frowned and twitched, which caused me to flinch back.

 

“Don’t go mum”
“Why are you leaving?”
“I thought you came back for me?”

“Help me get out of the house”

 

She murmured. Mum? Maybe she was having a bad dream. I decided to wake her up, my hand made it’s way to her shoulder and before I got to speak or touch her, her eyes flung open. My hand froze in place and my eyes widened. My heart started beating a million kilometres per minute. I felt so embarrassed and nervous, I didn’t want to look like some creep!

 

“H-Hi.” I stuttered as I moved back a step.
“Hey.” She murmured.
“I was just going to the bathroom and you were frowning in your sleep, I couldn’t help but notice---“

“It’s fine.” Krystal spoke, as she cut me off.

“What do you want for breakfast?” I asked casually.
“I woke up 5 seconds ago Kai.” She giggled.
“I thought you might be hungry.” I said, itching my neck.
“I’ll make you breakfast, I owe you heaps.” She spoke as she stood up.
“N-No you’re a guest I should be the one—“
“You look really cute with that top.” She smiled and walked off.

 

That really left me dumbfounded, first she offered to make breakfast, second she called me cute. She called me cute, I felt nervous and happy, different emotions were going through my mind. I smiled and headed to the bathroom.

 

 

By the time I arrived at the kitchen Krystal had already finished making breakfast.
“Why did you take so long?!” She pouted.
I don’t know, oh, maybe because you called me cute and I felt nervous?

“Sorry.” I apologised.

“I made us ham and cheese toasties. You really don’t have much in your fridge. It took me ages to find the dishes and figure out how your stove works.” She complained as we walked to the dining table.

“I don’t usually eat breakfast so this is good, thanks Krystal.” I smiled.
“I don’t have breakfast either.” She murmured. “But I thought I’d make you at least something before I head back home.”

“You’re gonna go back home?” I perked up as I took a bite into the toastie.

“Yeah, I should.” Krystal whispered back.

“I’ll drop you home.” I offered.

“I would appreciate that.”

Once we finished breakfast I suggested that we should go for a walk, she agreed.

 

While we were walking, she made continuous comments about how beautiful the flowers on the trees are.
“She would have loved them.” She muttered.
“Who?” I asked.
“My mum.” She replied back, still staring at the trees.
“Maybe you could bring her here one day?” I spoke.
“I can’t. She’s up in the sky now.” Krystal said with a light smile.
I stared at her. Her mother is dead? Is that why she was calling for her in her dream?
“I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.” I frowned, mentally hitting myself.
“It’s fine Kai.” She giggled.

 

“Do you think the group likes me?” She asked, changing subjects.

“Of course.” I replied.
“But I never talk.”
“They would like it more if you opened up to them a little.” I suggested.
“I’ve been trying. I was texting Suho yesterday as well.” Krystal spoke.
I nodded and ruffled her hair. “Good job.”

 

“Why did you open up to me so quickly?” I asked curiously.
“I don’t know.” She replied honestly. “I guess shared interests?”

I nodded slowly.

“Did you think that I was some weird freak before we talked properly?” Krystal asked.
“No of course not!” I exclaimed.

“Just be honest with me Kai.” She smiled as she stopped walking.
I looked down at her and stared into her glistening eyes.

“I thought you were pretty, Sulli told us that you were a lovely person once we got to know you. And she was definitely right.” I explained.

Krystal smiled widely and stared at me.

“Let’s go back.” She spoke as we walked back to my house, making continuous jokes and causing laughter.

 

 

Krystal

 

When I’m with him, I forget about everything that’s happening in my world. I enter his world and forget about mine. Reality shoots back at me when I’m not with him; and that is right now. Actually, he’s in the car waiting for me. I’m just grabbing my outfit from last night and my clutch. Speaking of clutch I open it up and turn on my phone. A missed call from Kai and text from Suho. None from dad, or Jessica, or my step-mum. I shouldn’t have expected anything in the first place. I put my phone back in the clutch and headed outside. I was now comfortable wearing Kai’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter