The day after

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Eight
The day after

 

Krystal

 

We spent the rest of the day walking around nowhere.

And today I told Kai lots of things about me. Personal things that I would never tell.

He comforted me so well when I spilt my tears, he was like a teddy bear I could hug whenever I wanted.

It was getting dark and he insisted that I sleep over at his, but how could I just barge in someone else’s property? Especially Kai’s.

 

“Oh come on! Just a couple of nights so that your mind is calmer.” He spoke.

“I feel like I’m just bombarding your territory.”

“You’re not.”

“I appreciate you trying to be nice but it’s a no from me.”

“But I’m not trying to be nice. I want you to stay with me, Krystal.”

I didn’t reply, I mean, what was I supposed to say to that?

“Please?” He pleaded.

I looked at his pouty face, he was trying to use aegyo on me and it was working so well.

“Fine.” I gave in.

 

 

Kai insisted that we have dinner at some chicken place, and we ended up having chicken and a little bit of beer. And in no time I was back at Kai’s place and he was trying to organise his house. 

“Sorry it’s so messy…” He said, with embarassment

“Don’t worry about it.” I let out a laugh.

I awkwardly sat down on the couch, my eyes were so close to shutting because I got no sleep last night. I guess I was overthinking about the fight between me and Jessica. Kai suddenly sat down next to me with a set of clothes I could wear as pyjamas.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

 

 

The night went by pretty quickly, because I was exhausted and I went to sleep earlier than expected.
When I woke up I was in Kai’s bed, I felt bad again because he slept on the couch. Then everything that happened yesterday flashed back into my mind. For some reason, it put a smile on my face.

 

 

I checked my phone for notifications then realised it was 8:30am. My eyes widened, school started in 10 minutes! I ran out of the room and saw Kai sleeping peacefully. I didn’t want to wake him up, he looked like an angel. But I had to, we couldn’t miss another day of school, they would probably call us upon our absence

“KAI” I yelled loudly.

His eyes flinged open slowly and he blinked multiple times before looking at me. God he’s so attractive, even in the morning.
“What’s the time?” He murmured.

“Its 8:32am.”

“Is today a school day?”

“YES IT IS AND SCHOOL STARTS IN 8 MINUTES HURRY UP AND GET READY.”

 

By 8:40am we were in Kai’s car, ready to go.

It was slightly late but getting ready in 8 minutes was impressive, except I have no make up on so I look like a frog. Kai took less time than me to get ready, but that’s completely normal. Girls usually take a lot longer than boys.

 

We got to school at 8:55am. Luckily Kai and I had different classes on, so the teacher wouldn’t negatively assume anything.

“I still can’t believe we got here so quickly.” Kai scoffed as we were walking to our classes.

“I know, it was pretty intense.” I laughed.

“Thank god we made it nearly on time.”

“Yeah, but Ms Lee will probably kill me.” I mumbled.

“Oh well, what’s the worst she would do? Detention?”

I laughed then Kai stopped walking. I realised we were already outside my Psychology class.

“I’ll see you at lunch?” He asked. I nodded and went in silently.

 

“Krystal.” Ms Lee spoke as I quietly grabbed a seat next to Sulli.

“Sorry I’m late, traffic.” I said.

“Well, that’s your warning. Don’t be late next time.”

“It wont happen again.”

As I sat next to Sulli she showed me the small paragraph of notes she took in the last 10 minutes. I whispered a thanks to her. She didn’t ask me why I was late, or why I wasn’t at school yesterday. Maybe she was assuming that I was really stuck in the traffic.

 

 

I started to zone out as my mind was filled with yesterday. How it all just happened. I told Kai everything and he’s still there, by my side. I don’t know why, but I get that strange feeling when I’m with him. Not butterflies, not awkwardness... It’s unexplainable. My thoughts were interrupted when Sulli whispered something to me.

“I didn’t hear what you just said.” I wrote on a piece of paper.

“Are you coming tonight? Chanyeol told Kai said he would ask you if you wanted to come.”

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the party. But maybe it’ll make me feel better, release some inner stress, get closer to the group…

“Y-Yeah.” I replied.

“Okay cool! Do you know what you’re wearing?” She aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter