Together

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Twenty Seven
Together

 

Kai

 

It felt like someone I had just solved a puzzle that had over a million pieces.

The frustration, the stupid foolish heartbreaking feelings all faded away when she pushed herself into my embrace and said she loved me back.

 

I have no regrets.

I still do feel guilty, having her in my arms right now but…. After all I’m only 19 I have to enjoy and embrace what I have now.

“You know…” I murmured. “The nightclub isn’t our first kiss.” I said, suddenly thinking of Suho and my accidental punch.

“Yes it was” She frowned and looked up at me.

“You kissed Suho thinking it was me.”

“What” She spoke, widening her eyes.

 

“Oh my god, what do I do with Suho now?” She asked worriedly.

“He’s our friend, he’ll accept it eventually.” I said.

“Why did you push me away when I semi confessed to you at Kangwondo? And what did you mean when you said you were a second late?” She questioned.

“Before you and I talked, Suho and I talked. He said that he wanted his chance with you too. He also said I spent the past few months spending my time with you, technically saying that I took you away from the group. I thought about it, he was right.” I explained.

“But you still could have told me how you felt, you know I would’ve chosen you.”

My heart skipped a beat.

“How can I? One of my best friends confessed in front of everyone that he had feelings for you, I can I just ask you out straight after? That’s what I meant by being a second late.” I said.

“So you kept pushing me away after Kangwondo because of this reason?” She asked.

“Yes.” I replied. That was a lie. I felt too guilty about the car accident but that’s a secret I’ll never tell.
“Then we kept fighting about nothing!” She exclaimed with a small giggle.

I nodded.

“It’s your turn to answer some questions.” I said, changing subjects.

“Okay.” She murmured.

“Why do you hate that I always break your high walls?” I asked.

“Because I feel like if I put all my trust in you and love you like theres no tomorrow I wouldn’t know how to live by myself.” She explained. “You know my anxiety about trust.”

“Yeah.” I whispered.

“I wanted to show you the good stuff about me. But that obviously didn’t work out so well.” Soojung said, sitting up from the bed. I followed her actions.

“You… You make me want to protect you, I feel responsible for you.” I said, letting out the deep feelings I had locked away. “I love you because you have those aspects.”

“That’s cheesy.”

“It’s true though.” I said honestly.

She smiled and planted a quick, soft kiss on my lips. I immediately asked for more by kissing her back but she broke it off with a giggle.

“Can I ask you why you never visited me at the hospital?” She asked.

“I did.”

“When?”

“I was the very first person.” I chuckled.

“What?”

“I got a phonecall some time during the night, from the hotel you stayed in. They said they found you unconscious and I went straight to the hospital for you, I stayed with you when you were sleeping, until morning. I visited your house and told you maid lady that I found you and I also went to see Suho.”

“Why Suho?” Soojung queried.

“Because he takes care of you as gently as I do, possibly better.” I replied.

“Why didn’t you just stay with me instead?”

“So many questions geez Soojung!” I exclaimed.

“Answer my question Jongin.” She said with a deadly look.

“I—I—It was too hard.” I said. It was partly a lie, I mean… it’s true it was hard but I couldn’t bare to stay with her even after I know things she doesn’t know.

“You .” Soojung murmured.

 

 

Krystal

 

Something still felt odd, I knew Jongin had answered my questions honestly but it just didn’t feel right. I didn’t know whether he was lying or theres something he’s hiding from me, I can’t figure it out.

“You should go back home now.” Jongin said, reaching for my empty plate.

“Can’t I just stay here?” I pouted, I wanted to be by his side right now.

“You don’t have your school uniform for tomorrow” He said.

“I can ask Sulli to bring her spare.”

“Fine.” He said giving in.

“Why? Don’t you want me to stay?” I asked.

“No of course I do. Just… wouldn’t your scary sister be a little.. angry?”

“No she doesn’t give a about what I do, unless its huge.” I said.

“She had such a strong pose I forgot everything I was going to say when I rocked up at your house.” He mentioned.

I laughed. “That’s Jessica unnie for you.”

“You sure are the nicer sibling.” He said, leading me to the couch so that we sit down.

“Jongin are we gonna tell the group about us?” I asked out of the blue.

“I guess we do.” He replied.

“I’m fine with the group I’m just worried how things will turn out with Suho.”

“We’ll take things slowly.”

I nodded.

“Can I ask you one more question?” He asked.

“We finished 21 questions hours ago.” I said, lifting my eyebrows.

“I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter