His support

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

Chapter Four
His support

 

Kai

After Krystal’s call I quickly grabbed my jacket and rushed inside my car. I didn’t know what the hell was happening but I was praying that she was safe. Luckily there weren’t many cars around, I checked the time 9:06. It’s been 6 minutes since she called, I don’t know why but the sound her crying really hurt me. I wanted her to smile, to be happy. It was really dark and there were no streetlights near Krystal’s area, I could barely see anything with my car headlights. Plus the weather was definitely not helping, a couple of raindrops landed on my window, then the rain began splattering everywhere. , What if she gets drenched? What if she gets a cold? My mind was filled with different scenarios, I was hoping that she went back inside instead of waiting for me.

 

I stopped my car at the area I dropped Krystal off earlier, she was nowhere to be seen. I waited for a while but she didn’t appear. I decided to call her.

 

“Where are you?” I asked.

“Outside.” She murmured.

 

I looked around again, but I couldn’t see because of the heavy rain.

 

“Okay hang on.” I spoke.

 

I had no choice but to go outside and look for her,
“Krystal!” I yelled, wiping my eyes.

“Krystal!” I yelled again.

“Krystal where are you…” I whispered.

I began walking around the street, with barely any light.

“K-Kai…” I soft voice called my name.

I turned around almost immediately and saw Krystal near a tree squatting down, hugging her legs.

My heart hurt, after seeing how fragile she was. When I pulled her to stand up, she began whimpering. I couldn’t see her face because it was dark and the rain was blurring my vision, but I could hear her crying. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and brang her into my embrace. We were both drenched from the rain and what I should really be doing is taking her back to my car. But instead I ended up hugging her as tightly as I could.

“Everything is going to be alright, you’ll be okay.” I whispered softly.

She didn’t reply, she kept crying.

 

 

After what felt like hours I took her back inside my car, I turned the heater on full blast and drove straight to my house, I mean what else was I supposed to do?

During the ride back home Krystal and I didn’t talk, she must have been too cold to even speak.. But then I realised she had fallen asleep, when I reached home the rain had died down a little—but it was still wet outside. I hesitated to wake Krystal up, no girl has ever been to my house so I felt awkward and embarrassed revealing my personal space. I decided to carry her inside the house, a part of me hoped that she wouldn’t wake up. I got out of my seat and opened her car door, I carefully placed one arm on her shoulder and one underneath her legs. I lifted her up very gently and shut the door with my foot. Luckily she didn’t wake up from the rain, I safely made it to the house. What really surprised me was how light she was and her legs were so boney. When I placed her down the sofa in the living room I watched her as she twitched a little. She was wearing such a tight black dress it looked uncomfortable. I stared at her closely, her black make up was smudged everywhere, which made her look like a panda—but it was cute. Her breath smelt like alcohol, which is why she was so sad and sober before. Her hair was drenched and I really wanted her to have a warm shower before the day ended. So I decided to wake her up.

I knelt on the floor and tapped on Krystal’s shoulder, she didn’t react. I tapped on it a little harder, her eyes flung open—it scared me a little. When she realised that I was there, staring at her she turned to her side and faced me properly. If she wasn’t drunk, she would have stood up immediately…

“You should take a warm shower before going back to sleep or else you’ll get a co---“

“You came for me…” Krystal cut me off. I nodded.

“No one’s ever cared for me like you have.” She murmured as she slowly sat up. I sat next to the spare spot next to her, I gave up on protecting the sofa from the raindrops falling off our clothes, it was drenched anyway.

 

“Kai I’m so scared.” She said, looking at me with teary eyes. It was very out of the blue.

“Why?” I asked softly.

“What if you change? Like my dad, my sister and everyone else around me?” She spoke.

“I wont change Krystal.” I said with honesty.

“Yes you will, this is why I hate making friends. Everyone changes and ends up hating me.” She whispered.

“I’m a shoulder you can lean and cry on Krystal, you don’t always have to be by yourself.”

“I don’t know.”

 

I sent her in the shower which was in my ensuite bedroom. There was another shower in my mum’s bedroom but I hated going in there, I just felt disgusted. I tried to find the smallest clothes I owned, but there was barely anything. Mum didn’t have many clothes because she basically didn’t live here, the only ones that were here were her old, terrible work clothes. So after scabbing through my wardrobe I found a small shirt that might fit her. Plus I managed to find and scab a pair of pyjama shorts from my mum’s room. I left them on the chair so that she could get dressed once she got out of the bathroom. I knocked on the bathroom to let her know.

 

I made two warm teas, to help Krystal get over the alcohol that’s running in her body. I began daydreaming as I was waiting and I didn’t even notice that she was out with her hair half dry. The t-shirt I gave her was still too big on her, it was oversized. I thought it would fit her perfectly?! That really defined how skinny she was. The top was too big to see the pyjama shorts, she looked down with embarrassment.

“Hey I get to see you with no makeup.” I joked, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

She giggled and slapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter