Bonding

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

Chapter Eleven
Bonding

 

Krystal

 

Suho and I had been at the convenience store for who knows how long…

I learnt a lot about him today.

He lives in a rich family but he hates it because all they care about is business, he once dyed his hair blonde but he got detention for it because it was too bright, he watched 3 seasons of pretty little liars because Sulli and Victoria made him. We had a lot in common too, his parents had a planned future for him and he hated the idea of that, his family business was just as messy as mine and we both love cup ramen, especially the spicy ones.

 

Chatting with Suho made me forget that we had been talking for 4 hours and also about a certain someone who happened to be messing with my feelings.
“How is it 6pm already?!” Suho frowned, while staring at his watch.
“Maybe you were too entertained by me.” I laughed.
“I think I was.” He laughed back.
“I’ll walk you home before it gets dark.” He offered.
“No you don’t have to. I don’t want you to have no energy for your basketball training on Monday.” I giggled. Suho had told me a story about how unfit he was and how he would waste his energy on nothing.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll just drink 5 powerades.” He joked.
I laughed, accepting his offer naturally.

 

 

 

The walk from the convenience store back to my house was not long at all… Maybe it was because Suho and I were still chatting about the most embarrassing incidents we’ve ever experienced. He was one, super funny guy.

When our footsteps stopped in front of my house Suho smiled then observed my house.
“The size of your house unfortunately doesn’t beat mine.” He said jokingly. I laughed in return. I knew he was only commenting to break the sudden awkward atmosphere.

“Do you wanna come in? I can give you some water?” I offered.

“No I’m alright…. Actually no I need some water.” He answered. I laughed and invited him in the house.

 

Deep down I gave him that offer so that no one could nag or yell at me for not being in the house for the past couple of days. He was sort of my backup plan. I felt bad for using him, but I had too. It was 100% necessary.

 

Luckily there was no one around, I made Suho stand in the living room and quickly crept to the kitchen for water. Once I walked back to where he was, I realised he was talking to someone. It was my dad.

 

I walked up to where Suho and my dad were and stood in between them silently.
“I recognise you somewhere.” Dad murmured. “Ah! You’re the Kims down the street aren’t you?”
Suho nodded politely. “My name is Suho sir, nice to meet you.”

“I didn’t know you were friends with my daughter.” Dad mentioned nicely.
Of course he was being nice to Suho. Suho was rich. And that is all that mattered in dad’s world.

“Yeah I---” Suho’s sentence was cut off by dad speaking again. “Where have you been for the past few days Soojung?” He asked.

Of course he had to reveal my Korean name to Suho..

“She was actually with me and a few of our other friends. She slept at our friend Sulli’s. Krystal was planning to come back home yesterday but Sulli convinced all of us to go to the amusement park with her.” Suho explained. They were all lies. But I was thankful he backed me up.

“Oh. Fair enough.” Dad murmured.
“Its getting late, I should get going.” Suho said.
“It was nice meeting you Suho.” Dad said, shaking his hand then walked away, to his room.
“Thank you so much.” I mouthed.
“You have some explaining to do Krystal.” He said.
I nodded as I handed him the glass of water. He smirked and gulped it all.

“So I’ll see you at school?” He said, opening the door.
“Yeah. Thanks for today.” I spoke back.
“It’s fine. It was great talking with you again.” Suho smiled.

 

 

By the time I had a shower and was back on my bed with my hair fully dried, my phone had charged so turned back on. I realised I had several text messages from Kai. So I sent him a quick reply.

 

To: Kai
Sorry my phone died D:

 

From: Kai

Its okay. Did you get home safely?

 

To: Kai
Yeah I did.

 

From: Kai
How come you didn’t charge your phone hours ago?

 

To: Kai
I forgot. Sorry

 

From: Kai

Its okay. Did your dad say anything about not coming home for the past two days?

 

To: Kai
Sort of. But I got away with it haha

 

From: Kai
That’s good.

 

From: Kai

Hey.. you okay?

 

To: Kai
Yeah why wouldn’t I be? :)

 

I tossed my phone back onto my bed and sighed, I’m supposed to be okay because I had a great night last night and bonded with Suho today. But why am I not okay? Why am I not feeling okay?

 

Another vibration was made through the bed sheets, I grabbed my phone carelessly and opened up Kai’s text. It wasn’t Kai. It was actually Suho.

 

From: Suho

Did your dad say anything after I left? Haha

 

To: Suho

Nope, he doesn’t care

 

From: Suho

I know what you mean

 

To: Suho
I hate being a Jung haha

 

From: Suho
I hate being a Kim

 

From: Kai

Okay, I’ll pick you up on Monday morning. Good night Krystal

 

I threw my phone back onto my bed and took a deep breath. Random, useless thoughts were flashing in my mind; mostly things about mum. I just… Want to be by her side. I just wanna tell her everything, about Kai, about my newish life, about Jessica. I just want somebody I can trust with all my heart, I wish I never suggested to go out that day.

 

 

“So why exactly are we ditching class?” I asked Sulli, who was dragging me across the basketball court.

“Because we are going to watch hot boys play basketball.” She replied.

“Hot boys as in…. Our friends?!” I frow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter