Seeking

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

This story contains ual refrences, violence, mentioning of depression and mature themes. 

 

Chapter Thirty Two
Seeking

 

Kai

 

I walked in the florist and saw Seyeon looking at me with a small grin.

“Sorry, she’s a little bit overwhelmed by everything.” I apologised.

“It’s fine, I was expecting worse.” She replied.

“She’ll probably come see you again.” I said.

“Sure, tell her to take her time.”

I bowed and walked towards the door.

My foot steps stopped when I saw a bunch of daisies sitting on the bench, maybe they could cheer Soojung up.

 

I grabbed a small bunch and went to the counter, Seyeon looked at me curiously.

“I’m just getting some daisies for Soojung.” I said, getting my wallet out.

“I’m so glad she has a boy like you.” Seyeon laughed. “No need to pay.”

“What?” I frowned.

“No need to pay.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yes of course, you’ve helped me out lots. It’s the least I can do.” She smiled warmly.

“Thank you.” I murmured, bowing again.

 

“I’m back.” I muttered as I got in the drivers seat. I gave Soojung the fresh flowers very awkwardly, it was slightly embarrassing.

“What are these?” She questioned, looking at me as I started my car.

“Daisies. They looked nice so I thought I’d get them for you. You did well today Soojung, I’m proud.” I said.

I heard a small laugh come out of Soojung’s mouth, it seems to have boosted her mood.

“Shall we visit your mum? Since it’s not very far away?” I suggested.

“Umm… Not today, I’m too tired and I’m really not in the mood right now.” Soojung answered.

I nodded.

 

“I was thinking about telling Jessica about this.”

“So you two are… 100% okay now? After all those fights and tears?” I confirmed.

“I guess so. But I love you and care about you way more than I love and care about her.” She said.

I smiled, knowing that they weren’t just empty words and I have a special place in her heart.

“I love you.” I muttered.

From the corner of my eye I saw her smile, it made me smile.

“I love you too.” She replied.

 

 

Krystal, being the most stubborn person in the world decided to sleep at my house for the first time in a while, with her here, in my house, by my side felt more like home. Because she’s been practically living here before she found out about the court case I felt empty and lonely without her. I also made her own special bedroom, after that time I thought about turning mum’s old bedroom to Soojung’s. There wasn’t much of a alteration but it didn’t look too bad.

“There’s something I want to show you.”

She looked at me with a questioning look. I immediately brang her to the door of mum’s old bedroom and she looked at me again, but this time with a gasp.

“T-This is…”

“Yeah. Mum’s old bedroom.” I finished her sentence.

Soojung was probably surprised because I asked her not to go in there, and she had kept that promise all this time.

“I did a lot of thinking for the past weeks. I thought finishing your mum’s journal was a good idea, and to introduce you to your aunt Seyeon but that didn’t work out too well. I also thought deeply about this.” I said as I opened the door. “It’s your room Soojung.” I announced.

Soojung widened her eyes and walked around. There was a small ensuite bathroom along with a clean, white wardrobe. A bed was placed in the corner with new bedsheets and there was a large window and some aesthetic paintings.

“Y-You.. Y-You did this all… for me? You bought all this?!” Soojung frowned. It wasn’t my expected reaction.

“Well not the furniture but I tried my best to change it from the old bedroom.” I answered.

“Jongin you’re not financially…. Stable.” She murmured.

“I know but it’s the least I could do for you. I thought you would call me first to talk so in the meantime I prepared this and hoped that you would forgive me, but I lost a lot of hope when you didn’t that’s why I told you that we should break up.” I said honestly.

Soojung abruptly hugged me tightly and cried out loud.

“Finding you is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” She said.

I smiled. I knew they were tears of joy because she was touched, but it still scared me a little.

“You can be your own personal space, in the house or elsewhere and if you don’t want to sleep with me then you can sleep on this bed.” I said.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter