Chapter 35.1. An unexpected Christmas.

The S.S [ INDEFINITE HIATUS ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a white Christmas. Snow were piling up on top of each other, covering every little bit of available surface. As Aria trudged home, she can't stop herself from admiring delicate balance between all the red, green and white. The colour of Christmas, it reminded and made Aria miss her home back in LA more than ever. Around this time every year, she’d probably at her grandparent’s house with the rest of her family. They would stayed there the whole day celebrating Christmas. Aria and her brothers will caused ruckus over presents, tearing through all of them and comparing their presents while her mom and grandma will be in the kitchen whipping up some delicious meals. Her dad and grandpa will most likely to sat on the lounge drinking coffee, watching the kids, preventing them from wreaking any havoc and occasionally have a conversation about the business.

 

Aria smiled slightly at the memory before the smile turned into somewhat bitter. She knew that those memories will be just memories now. She knew that if even if she's in LA right now, things wouldn't be the same and it will never be the same again. Too much things have changed over the course of the past year.

 

With a sigh, Aria continued to make her way home. It started out as a spirited walk had turned into a depressive one, thanks to all the memories. Mark’s house wasn’t that far away from hers, but due to the thick snow, the walk seem like forever. She knew she should have taken up his offer of him taking her home but at that moment Aria just needed a quiet moment. She loves her friends but being around them for two days straight made her head buzz with their constant chatter and laughing.

 

Unlocked the front door before she let herself in, bathing in the warmth of her house. Quickly and quietly shrugged off her covered in snow boot and coat before proceed to her bedroom upstair. Today till new year is over, there will only be Aria in this house. She told all the workers to stay home with their family and don’t bother with her, she can definitely fend herself for a week, she also has to promised that she won’t wreck the house.

 

Just as Aria about to entered her room, she saw something out of the corner of her eyes that made her stopped in her track. The door opposite to hers was closed when she left and now it’s cracked open. It could only mean two things, either there is a thief in her house or someone special is home and Aria desperately wishing that it is the latter. Even with her knowledge of martial arts, Aria would still like to avoid dangerous situation as much as possible.

 

Squared her shoulder before quietly walked to the door, poked her head in to check the situation. But instead of an intruder, her vision landed on a familiar figure sleeping soundly on the bed. Instantly Aria’s eyes grew big and a wide grin stretched across her face, “RYAN!” She yelled out with so much joy before ran and dive in the bed on top of the figure and heard a loud yelp and then groaned under her which then caused her to laughed loudly.

 

“Get off me, Ara.” A pair of strong arms pushed her off which then caused Aria to toppled over the bed, still laughing.

 

Aria watched with amusement as the figure rose into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes groggily and messy bed hair. “I thought you said you were coming on new year not Christmas? Why didn't you tell me you're going to be here early.” Aria immediately questions and launched a series of punches on the other’s arm. “Do you have problems with reading the calendar or you don't know how to read dates now?”

 

“Ouch, ouch, stop it Ara!” The guy aka Ryan flinched from receiving a few hits before pulled up his hands to block it. “You're violent streak still remain unchanged and wow I just wanted to surprise you and what did I get back? Insults.” Ryan deadpanned while glaring at Aria.

 

Aria’s face once again stretched into a wide grin before she leaned in and wrapped the male in a tight hug, “aww I missed you Ryan.” She mumbled, burying her face in the nook of his neck, breathing in the familiar scent and instantly felt like she's back at home again.

 

Ryan’s scowl immediately soften, turned into a grin and put his arms around Aria, “I missed you too, sis.” He then proceed to wrap her in a bone tight hug that leave Aria yelping to be release. “Oops, sorry sis.” He quickly let her go with a laugh, ruffling her hair.

   

Two hours later, both Aria and Ryan were in the living room surrounded by popcorns, chocolate and drinks, lounging on the sofa and watching Christmas movies. This was also another one of their family tradition for Christmas, Christmas movies marathon although it was more of a tradition for Aria and her brothers, the adults tend to prefer sitting around sipping on teas and coffees rather than snacks and soda.

 

After they both caught up about each other’s lives, Aria was more than happy to agreed when Ryan brought up the suggestion that they should continue their normal Christmas tradition. So here they are, pigging out on snacks, currently watching the Home Alone series and laughing non stop every 10 minutes. Both Ryan and Aria has seen this same movie for hundredth of times but they still love it. They both remembered all the lines in the movie and competing who can remember and recite the lines first.

 

“Kevin, what did you do to my room?” Ryan yelled out the last line of the movie exactly two seconds before Aria shouted out the same thing. “YES! BEAT YOU! HAH!” Ryan jumped up and did fist pump in the air before looking back at Aria with a cocky smirk.

 

Aria just huffed defeatedly, crossing her arms over her chest, looking incredulously at her older brother, “How old are you? 8?”

 

“I’m 21, for your information. Older and wiser than you will ever be.” Ryan smugly looking down at his sister.


“Yeah and will die earlier too.” Aria deadpanned, moving to swap the DVD to the next one, leaving her older brother’s jaw dropped speechless by his sister.

 

“Wow, that hurt baby sis.” He rubbed his heart, feigning hurt.

 

“Very fragile too, apparently.” Aria rolled her eyes, picking up the DVD, “Home Alone 2?”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Ryan still shock at what how his baby sister treated him, “You was so cute when you’re little, what happened?” He looked at her, really wondering that.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter