Chapter 32. Best Friends

The S.S [ INDEFINITE HIATUS ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Aria and Mark left the room, a silence wrapped around the room. That’s a first for both Jackson and Risa as they both are the most talkative one out of the bunch and they are never quiet around each other. Risa suddenly find the ceiling interesting as she unable to look at Jackson.

Jackson was the first one to break the silence as he clear his throat and hoping that Risa isn’t mad at him, “Look, Risa, I’m so-”

“Oh, so you have finally decided you want to talk to me now?”

Yep, she’s definitely is mad at him. Jackson thought in his head and let out a sigh. “Look Risa,” Jackson tried again.

“You left me in the middle of a street.” Risa’s voice is full with accusation and a tiny hint of hurt in her voice.

But of course as dense as Jackson, he only can detect the accusation but not the hurt, “JEEZ can’t you shut up and let me talk.” Jackson exclaimed and startled Risa, and she unintentionally looked at Jackson and the two have finally met eyes. Risa shut and gesture for Jackson to continue.

“Look Risa,” Jackson started out again for the third time and while give Risa a warning look that if she dare to interrupt him one more time, he’ll explode and luckily Risa get the hint and keep shut.

“I really really am sorry for what happened. I know I shouldn’t left you behind like that but in my defence, I really have no idea you have that kind of phobia. I was having a lot of thoughts on my head yesterday and that’s why I let it out on you.” Jackson stopped here, scratching his head and seem like he’s having difficult saying the next sentence as he keep open and close his mouth.

“I-uh really sorry for what I did to you and what happened to you.” Jackson stuttered through and breathe in a deep breathe, “Willyouforgiveme?”

“What? What did you just say Jackson? Why the hell are you mumbling?” Risa furrowed her eyebrow at him, “Speak properly will you?”

Jackson ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, “Will you forgive me?”

Risa’s eyes widened in surprised before her lips curved into a smile, she secretly did a happy dance in her head but have to cover up and tease Jackson some more, “You want me to forgive you?” She quickly replaced her smile with a sceptical look.

“Um yeah?” Jackson swallowed.

“Then can I ask you what was troubling you?”

“Huh? Oh um… It’s just something I said unintentionally the other day that make me think a little bit. Don’t worry about.” Jackson rubbing his neck.

Risa sighed and leaned back onto the pillow, “Thinking? That must a first from you Jackson.” Risa decided to shrug it off and teased Jackson instead.

Jackson rolled his eyes but finally smiled softly, “So you forgave me?”

“Nope.” Risa answered, quickly crush the hope in Jackson’s. “Just kidding, Jackson come on, lighten up.”

“Huh?”

Risa sighed again, “There isn’t anything to be forgiven, you didn’t do anything wrong, like seriously.”

Jackson’s eyes widened, “I left you in the middle of the street and cause you to be in here and I didn’t do anything wrong?” Jackson slightly raised his voice in disbelief.

“The person who caused me to be in here is Kai, not you.” Risa shrugged, “And it’s also kind of my fault that I didn’t tell you about my phobia.”

“Can you stop taking blame for everything?” Jackson exclaimed, “It’s my en fault, I should have noticed it, it was so obvious but I was just being dense and can’t see it and only if I wasn’t thinking about stupid things, you wouldn’t be here.” Jackson’s voice got louder by the time he finished. “And wouldn’t have to suffer through all of that.” Jackson muttered, added in, too low for Risa to hear.

Suddenly the door slide open and appeared Aria, “You idiot, this is the hospital, keep your voice down. If it’s not for Mark talking to the nurse right now, you would get kick out of the hospital.” Then she slammed the door close again.

“Jeez Jackson, calm down.” Risa frowned, still looking at the door where Aria was just there. “You don’t want Aria to come back in here, she would be ten times scarier than any nurse would be.”

“Oh trust me, I know.” Jackson muttered sarcastically and shuddered, remembering last night when they just found Risa. After they rush her to the hospital and the doctor said that there isn’t any serious damage then Aria suddenly pulled Jackson out to the carpark and there he got an earful lecture from Aria for well, Risa. To be quiet honest, Aria was really mad at Jackson as she look like she was going to jump on him and start bashing him but thanks god Mark was there to hold her back.

Then when Aria asked him why he did that, Jackson confessed everything to Aria and Mark. About what he said to Kai and how that got him thinking. His feeling about it and he don’t understand why he feel like that. He expect both of them to get confused but both smacked him lightly in the head and shake their heads.

“You are an idiot.” That was all Mark said.

“And dense as .” Aria added in before she rolled her eyes at him. “Well, whatever, I’m not expecting you to figure it out all by yourself anyways.”

Okay, now Jackson is confused, “What you mean?”

“Never mind about it, you better go home and prepare an apology speech for Risa when she woke up.” Aria ordered before walked back inside the hospital.

“Yes ma’am.” Jackson muttered.

Mark chuckled next to him, “Well good luck bro.” Then Mark also get inside leaving Jackson alone.

“HEY MARK, YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO HELP ME!” Jackson exclaimed but Mark only laughed and continue to walk.

“YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE!” Mark yelled back, still laughing.

“YAH YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO BE MY BESTFRIEND!” Jackson yelled back but Mark already disappeared inside.

“Jackson? Jackson? JACKSON!!!!” Risa’s voice brought Jackson back to reality.

“Huh? What? Yeah?”

Once again the door slammed open and but this time it’s Mark who appeared, “Please keep your voice down, I can’t stand talking to that nurse again while she’s shoving her s at me.” Mark plead and earned a snort from outside, probably from Aria.

“Don’t lies, you probably love it.” Aria called out teasingly.

“Hell no.” Mark muttered and closed the door and once again leaving Jackson and Risa alone.

And Risa suddenly started to giggling, “Poor Mark, have a good looking face sometime can have disadvantages.” But Jackson just rolled his eyes.

The silence fall on them again as both of them don’t know what to say to each other. Jackson looked down on the ground, still feeling really guilty and don’t know what to say. He also pretty flustered right now, because all last night he was thinking of a way to get Risa to forgive him but then she just forgive him so easily like it’s not a big deal. But Jackson can’t shake it off that easy, Risa got physical assaults and some which might leave scars and she also almost got ual assault. What if Jackson didn’t come in time, what would happen? Jackson can’t bring himself to think of the next part.

“Jackson come here.” Suddenl

Please log in to read the full chapter