Chapter 14. Happy Birthday!

The S.S [ INDEFINITE HIATUS ]
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What the hell is happening?” Mark grumbled, waiting for the elevator at the lobby of the hotel by himself. Right when all four of them step foot in the hotel, the other three suddenly disappeared and leave Mark there completely dumbfound and clueless.

Right when the elevator door open, someone sneak up behind Mark and shoved him in the elevator and before Mark could react around 3 pairs of hands reached out and grabbed him, almost immediately everything go black. They blindfolded him.

"Really guys?" Mark deadpanned and no one reply. Even though he can’t see anything but he is 99.9% sure that the only people who would do these strange and ridiculous stuff are his equally weird friends.

"You guys don't have to cling on me like that, you know. We're only in the elevator not a haunted house." Mark said but everyone refused to say anything. "To make thing more mysterious and scary.” they thought.

“Seriously, I won’t karate kick you like Risa.” Mark said and immediately he heard Jackson’s trademark hyena laugh and Risa’s protest. Mark smiled in success while the rest scowled at those two. “Now that you guys got revealed, can someone get this mask away from my face now?”

“No.” Jin grumbled, “You would have to wait until we get to our destination.”

“Fine.” Mark sighed in defeat. They then led Mark into the maknae’s room because it’s the biggest one so easier to party. Suddenly everyone left Mark’s side and run into the room.

“Let’s go!” Aria suddenly appeared and led Mark from behind by the shoulder.

Mark startled when he heard Aria’s voice, “Since when did you get here?”

“I was here all along.” Aria laughed, repeated the same exactly sentence she said at the beach on the first day at Jeju-do. “Are you ready?” Mark nodded and instantly, light hit his vision and it took him a minute to regain his vision and immediately he got attacked by silly string streamers and nerf bullets.

“HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!” They all yelled causing Mark and Aria to flinch a little bit from the volume of their voices.

“Wooah.” Mark took his time to observe the suite. There were balloons literally everywhere, on the wall, the ceiling and the floor as well. There are letters which make up of the words ‘Happy Birthday’ are sticking in big letters on the wall and it’s glowing. From the look of it, Mark can tell that his friends personally draw and cut those letters. His eyes make it ways to the table and it widened immediately. On the table there are a huge pile of food, stacking up.

His attention immediately went back to his friends, they’re all having streamers and birthday hats on them also a big goofy grins. The guys are holding nerf guns while the girls are holding cans of silly string. “Thanks guys.” Mark gave all of them a genuine smile.

“Seriously? Is that all we get?” Jackson asked incredulously, “Shouldn’t we get a kiss and an ‘I love you’ each?”

“Uh thanks by no thanks.” Jin and JB immediately reject that idea. “No offence, Mark.”

“None taken.” Mark laughed, and are grateful for Jin and JB. He then looked around the room one more time, “Wow, this seem like a lot of work.” He commented.

“You have no idea.” Youngjae spoke up tiredly.

“I’m exhausted.” Bambam looking like his soul is about to fly away.

“You owe us big time, hyung.” Yugyeom added in.

Mark then turned his attention to Hana, normally she would be jumping up and down but she’s unexpectedly quiet today, then he looked at Lynn and Iseul then looked at JB, Jin, Jr and Nari and he understood.

“You guys make the kids work didn’t you?” He asked humourlessly.

The elders immediately shook their heads and deny.

“No, I’m the one who thought up of the idea of how to decorate this whole place.” Nari proudly stated, “I did the most important job.”

“And I helped putting the ideas together.” Jr chimed in.

“And I keep everyone on task, it’s a very important job.” Jin looked proud of herself.

“And I tell them exactly what they need to do so they don’t stuff up.” JB finished and Mark burst out laughing.

“You guys are impossible.” Mark shook his head, chuckling.

Mark got pushed from behind by Aria, “Let’s go in, you do realize that we still standing at the doorway right?” Then she looked pointedly at Bambam and Youngjae and playfully narrowed her eyes at them, “You guys really need to practice your shooting, your aim .” She picked up some of the nerf bullets and threw at Bambam and Youngjae.

“Oops, sorry.” They both smiled sheepishly at Aria. They must have accidentally shoot her when she was still standing b

Please log in to read the full chapter