The right time.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun

“You knew…” I’m beyond surprised that Luigi knows about my past with Fili. Maybe she told him after meeting me in Florence. At this moment, I feel curious of his real motives on why he wanted to collaborate with me on a collection. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt, but my mind can’t help to jump from one reason to another.

He cleared his throat, changed his sitting position, and smiled. A while ago he looks serious, now he’s back to his cheerful self again. “Fil told me about you two on our way back home after your showcase. No wonder she’s gone very emotional during that time” then he stared at me, making me conscious “What a small world, huh?”

It sure is small. Who would’ve thought that we’ll be meeting unexpectedly in a place where I’ve been for three times these past two years. During those visits, I didn’t even think of looking for Fili, assuming that it’s far from her homeland there’s a slim chance for her to go far. But I was wrong, she does live far and has a different life now. The universe played us and is still doing so.

“She’s with me here in case you’re wondering” Luigi is acting cool. After all, he knows he already have Fili in his hands, that there’s no more competition. “She said she’s meeting up with friends somewhere around this area too”

Jiwoo and the gang. They haven’t lost contact all these years. I tried reaching out to them to help me find Fili but they never did. Now I know why.

Silence took over for some time. Luigi is finishing his food while I’m only playing mine, twirling the pasta around my fork, loosening it up and twirling it again. Knowing that she’s here, I suddenly have this urge to confront her, just to have closure that I guess both of us need.

“Is it possible for me to talk to her?” I cannot believe what I’m hearing from myself. Luigi raised an eyebrow, took a sip of his wine and cleared his throat, “Frankly speaking, she doesn’t want to see you at all and I think you know why. It’s not the she hasn’t moved on yet, it’s just that your presence reminds her of the pain she unfairly took in caused by you”

How bad of a man am I? All these years I thought I can straighten things up and make it up to her. And now, it became clear that I can never redeem myself anymore. I ruined myself foolishly and regret does come last.

“But, if you’re asking me if I’m good with you talking to her…” he sighed, “I am. After all, there are a lot of things you two have to end. That way, you can go on with your lives smoothly already”

In all fairness to this man he’s kind. He’s cool working with me even though he knows who I once was in his soon to be wife’s life. He is letting me talk to her as well and I can feel sincerity. I should be relieved that Fili is ending up with a man that is worthy of her. There’s no point in feeling jealous anymore, for he’s way much better than I am.

After a couple of hours, Luigi and I sealed the deal by signing contracts. We are officially partners in his upcoming collection, which I still cannot believe I’m in. Who would’ve thought that I’ll be getting my big break when I’m not aiming for it?

“Oh!” Luigi received a text message. He stopped us from walking out of the restaurant. “Fil’s on her way here” he said, and my nerves shoot up all of a sudden.

If she happens to agree to talk to me, I still don’t know what to say because I’m not prepared, but I will not lose the chance anymore. I’ve waited long for this.

Fidgeting, I waited for her. My innards are flipping. My mind is working too much it kind of makes my head ache. My heart is pounding in my throat. This is the day I’ve been waiting for, the day I’ll get to talk to her and know what I need to know.

“There she is!” Luigi stood up and welcomed his fiancé. She hugged him tightly. For some reason I miss being hugged by her. From the way she looks I can tell that she had fun with her friends. Maybe they went to the old convenience store that they always eat at during

Please log in to read the full chapter