The pain.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Huh? Who said I love her?” his eyes are looking straight at the camera. He shook his head, “I love you” and pointed at her, the one holding the camera. She giggled, ringing my ear the most annoying way, “But, you seem to love her so much. You’re even able to ignore me. You even showed your love for her in front of the whole university”. He laughed loudly “I don’t know why I bothered with it to be very honest”.

“Fili!” Jiwoo called out when I speed out of the store. My body feels cold. My hands are shaking. My head is aching. I don’t know what to do.

That jerk! Why did I believe him anyway? What’s with me? I should’ve not trusted him so much. After all, I don’t know him that well. I feel so bad for myself, for being so vulnerable, gullible and plain stupid. I should’ve kept my distance when I had the chance. I should’ve saved myself.

“Fili!” the group is chasing me. They keep on calling me but I didn’t slow down.

I feel embarrassed. I’m not expecting this. How the heck was I able to make myself believe that he’s in love with me, that what he’s telling me, all those sweet words, the sweet and thoughtful actions are real when I know so well that he’s still into another girl? How will I pull myself out of this? HOW?

“AAAHHH!” I screamed, falling down on the concrete. I ran far. My feet gave up on me. “STUPID!” I hit my head with a closed fist, giving myself a good whack.

“Fili!” they finally catch up on me. Jiwoo kneeled beside me and wrapped her arms around me. The others looked at me with pity in their eyes. “I’m sorry for this” she said, making me want to trash whatever my hand lands on. I looked at her, tears stained, “Why are you apologizing?” I asked. She looked at the others and sighed, “We are trying to keep you away from the video and we failed. It was Soobin who first saw it last night. Someone from the seniors in Japan sent her the video. We received it minutes after she did. I was trying to call you, even wanting to come by the Chois’ house to see how you’re doing in case you received it too”

I pulled out my phone in my pocket. “I don’t have it” I blankly said. Haeun smirked, “This is a clear plan of the Matisse. They want Fili to look like a fool by showing everybody the video except for her. That way, she’ll be more embarrassed knowing the matter last”

This is the end of it. I’m done. I don’t want anything to do with anybody from here anymore. All I want is to go home.

“Can you help me book a flight back to the Philippines?” I asked them, and they were all shocked. Jiwoo shakes her head, “No Fili. Don’t go home. You still have a few weeks until the end of the semester. If you want, you can stay with me just to be away from Seunghyun. You can’t end this just by going home. Remember what you told me? Your diploma is at stake here. It’s either you pass this semester or graduate later than the rest because you fail, and you also said that you might not be able to finish if not now”. With my insides burning, “But how can I still go on when in a few days they will be back and I’ll

Please log in to read the full chapter