The drunk damsel.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oh! Seunghyun!” I was startled when he grabbed me by the wrist, pulled me up and cautiously dragged me out of the store. Being alone with him at this moment is not a good idea, but I don’t know what to do and how to free myself from him.

We went to a building that is under construction just beside the store. Our lives are surely in danger here because of falling debris. The dust from the ground is making my feet itchy. This is not a perfect place for my gold sandals that Hye yoon Unnie gave me as a “get well” gift days ago.

“What are we doing here?” I tugged him closer to me because he stood just right down below an unfinished ceiling with steels sticking out. I got paranoid thinking that it might fall on him.

“What?” I asked impatiently after not getting a response. His eyes are once again eating my whole being up. I can feel my heart beating on my throat. “Just keep calm. Don’t think. Keep calm. Don’t think” I told myself. It seems like I’ll be chanting in my head throughout the day, a newly discovered talent.

“Is there a problem?” he sounded so serious. I shrugged, “I don’t know”. If only I can tell him about the gazillion thoughts running insanely in my head, it will be much better. Thing is, I don’t have the guts to do it.

“You said you’re confused. What does that suppose to mean?” his eyes are talking to me in a way I can’t understand. They look mellow but anxious. It’s like he’s waiting to hear something from me.

Instead, I shook my head, “Nothing. I guess I was being random. It just popped in my head and came out of my mouth”, and he looked disappointed.

So, he dragged me out just to ask me a question. When we got back to our friends, they are looking at us with teasing eyes and smiles. I tried faking a smile but it looked so off, I feel like they just saw my Oh-my!-Bathroom!-I-need-to-poo! Face.

“Aigoo. You two” Soobin broke the silence, “What did you do, huh?” she eyed us suspiciously and I turned to Seunghyun who is already looking at me. “Nothing” I answered plainly. His friends hissed then Jin nudged him on the side, “Yaaa. Can’t you wait till dismissal to have time alone? We are having fun here then without a warning you two just zoomed off” he said, making me sigh heavily. Yong wook chuckled, “Maybe their lips are itching for each other, that it cannot wait till dismissal” he teased and received a smack on the head from Seunghyun.

Now I can say that I felt how my couple friends feel whenever I tease them to the core and I swear to God, I will not do it ever again, simply because it’s so annoying.

Few more minutes passed like that. I must say, our group and the Warhols bonded so well. Yes, they are high-class compared to us for they look and act classy and sophisticated, while we’re commoners that does things the way we know how, but we’re no different when it comes to the things we want and talk about.

“Call me once you’re already dismissed. Don’t walk to the parking lot anymore coz I’ll pick you with the car in front of the building” he told me in front of our friends before we separate ways. “How sweet!” Soobin is the one being tingly instead of me. Jin patted Seunghyun’s shoulder, “Ya! I thought you’re coming with us? It’s our drink night later, right?”

Oooh. It seems like Mr. Choi is up for a good time tonight.

He was in deep thoughts for some time before snapping back, “Can’t I just follow you there? Fili can’t commute”. “Actually, I can” I countered and he glared at me. “No. You won’t” he pushed. “Seriously Seunghyun, I can” I insisted and from the way he looked I can tell that he’s getting pissed already. “Yes, you can, but I don’t want to” this time, I know that I can’t fire back anymore for he’s about to explode in anger.

Jiwoo sighed and walked in front of me, like she’s shielding me from him, “Seunghyun” she called shyly. This is it! She finally had the chance to talk to her ultimate crush, a thing she’s dying to do since freshman year. “If it’s OK with you, we can drive Fili home. Don’t worry, she’s in good hands” she’s so convincing. Nice one!

And there were silence. I stared at Seunghyun while he’s making a decision and somehow I can see that he’s considering. He will not turn down Jiwoo. Honestly, I totally appreciate that he’s willing to be late for their night out just to get me home. But then, I don’t want to kill their fun.

“Fine” he gave in and sighed. I needed another second to process it in my mind. Yes! He’s letting me off with my friends! At last, I’ll be able to experience Kim Woojin’s car pool express.

“Yay!” I clapped in excitement and smiled happily at him, “Thank you!” then hugged him. I heard gasps and felt awkward. “Aigoo” Haeun tickled me on the side, “Ants will surely hunt you guys because you’re too sweet” she teased, making everybody laugh. Seunghyun hissed, “Call me once you’re already home” he said and left.

Hours passed and we’re dismissed early. Our professor has an im

Please log in to read the full chapter