The one at fault.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yaaaa!”

Seunghyun followed me to the pool area where I chose to breathe for a while, and tugged me by the arm. All the while I thought he’s not following. I must’ve been so pissed that I didn’t notice.

Judging by the way he looks, I can tell that he’s annoyed. This day is going to be rough, I can tell.

“What?” my voice is loud. He raised an eyebrow and smirked, “How can you just walk out on me like that?” he asked, using a different tone. I tried moving my arm away but he tightened his grip, “What is your freakin’ problem?” I know I shouldn’t lash out on him because he’s not involved in whatever happened between me and my sister, but I already did and I’m sure it’s not going to be good.

At last, he let go of me, leaving finger marks around my arm. “You know what?” he moved forward, a little too close for comfort then looked straight into my eyes, “You’re being so childish and immature right now, I cannot believe I’m seeing this horrendous side of you”

Did he say horrendous?

“What was that again?” my blood is starting to boil. I can feel my heart banging hard on my chest. I’m clueless on how this will turn out. All I can do is wish that we’re not going to be in a mess after. Seunghyun doesn’t seem shaken by how I reacted to what he said, which ticked me off for I think he’s being insensitive.

Can’t he get it? The sole reason why I’m being like this is because of my sister who really got the heck out of me with her scolding. Alright, I admit, in one way or another I’m at fault, but why is he making it look like I’m the root of all the when I just plainly dealt with the situation?

Holding back myself from exploding, I took a deep breath and stared at him. I really cannot see any resentment in his eyes for what he said, making the fire inside of me bigger than it was before. “Seriously…” I looked behind me for a while then at him again, “Why are you being like this? And who are you to tell me that what I did is wrong when you really don’t know where in hell am I coming from? Seunghyun…” my patience is running out really fast, “I may be impossible as of the moment but I have reasons. Reasons that if I tell you all about now, we won’t finish in a day. What you heard…” I poked his  chest with tears welling up in my eyes, “is nothing yet. It was just one of a million. You don’t know me that well yet and this proved it, nevertheless, I want to apologize for the way I’m acting towards you when I know so well that you’re just putting some sense in me”. Once again, I walked out on him but this time, he didn’t follow anymore.

All I need is some space and some time to live in my head. It’s just so full right now to the point that I cannot think right. You may say that I’m being petty and just immature, but it’s already done, I cannot do anything about it.

With only my wallet, wearing at least decent house clothes, I decided to go to Jiwoo’s in hopes that I can get the enlightenment I need.

“Oh!” she just woke up. Her hair is in a loose bun. Her colorful hearts pajama is so vibrant, it doesn’t suit my mood. “May I?” I asked while pointing at the inside of her apartment. She looked at me weirdly and moved to the side to give me way. This is my first time in here. It just happened that I have her address in my wallet written on a paper ripped from the back of her notebook (she gave it to me a few days after we became friends).

Jiwoo stick her head out, looking from left to right then turned to me, “You’re alone?” she asked and I plopped myself on the couch. With a sigh, “Yes” I answered and leaned my head back on the back rest.

Confused and still feeling weird, she joined me on the couch. “What happened?” she asked carefully. I lifted my head up lazily and looked at her, “We’re ed up” I said, confusing her more.

And that is the start of our long talk. I arrived at her house mid-morning and found myself still talking late afternoon. We had ramen for lunch and a bottle of soju to go with it. We called Libby who is so worried because of me and picked her up at the train station near Jiwoo’s place.

“You’re crazy” Libby said over pastries and iced coffee. Jiwoo gave her a high five, “Bingo!” she told her and all I can do is roll my eyes at them.

I don’t know why, but I still cannot understand why Seunghyun is acting so negatively about what he heard between my sister and I. Fine! My mouth is too loose but as I’ve said, I’m just reacting to the moment.

“Look…” Libby leaned forward with sweet bread inside . She chewed a little and swallowed it in one go, “Seunghyun is right! You’re being childish and immature” she raised her hands in surrender then smirked, “You hate it but it’s true. He’s just putting some sense in you and here you are, lashing out on him as if he’s the one at fault. Also, Ate Gloria didn’t do anything wrong. Get mad at me, I don’t care, but I’m on her side this time”

Jiwoo who now knows some of my well-kept stories, reached out for my hand and gave out a small smile, “Fili, your sister is just being a sister. She’s questioning you about your being maybe because she’s very shocked that her sister was able to do something out of the line, not expecting it from you at all. One more thing, her, questioning about Seunghyun’s sincerity and yours to him is not bad. She just want to make sure that you two are really into this” she squeezed my hand lightly, “Actually, you’re very lucky to have someone like her around. I’ve heard your stories and yes, there are moments wherein she held you by the neck, but it’s forgivable”

So, there’s really no way for me to have someone on my side. I get it. I’m wrong.

The night is getting deeper and the three of us are still at the pastry shop. Jiwoo and Libby are chatting about boys while I’m just staring out the big glass window, watching people walk by. I’m still angry inside, but not with my sister and Seunghyun anymore, but at myself.

My immaturity really got the best of me. I don’t know, maybe I’m just too sensitive a while ago to the point of being unreasonable and impossible. I’m feeling bad for my sister because of the hurtful things I said to her. And of course, I feel sorry for Seunghyun because he has to keep up with his dumb girlfriend who doesn’t know how to listen.

“Turn to your right” Libby pointed with her lips and I followed.

“Seunghyun!” I jerked up in surprise. My man looked calmer and refreshed in his white v-neck shirt and denim jeans. He’s wearing a red beanie, keeping his hair away from his face.

He walked to us brightly and even smiled at the girls. “What do we have here?” he asked after settling on the chair opposite mine. For some reason, I cannot take my eyes off him. Truth is, I’m hoping for him to see into my eyes how sorry I am.

Libby chuckled and gave him my tall cup of iced coffee, “Not her type” she said while shaking her head. Seunghyun looked at me with a small smile on his face, “Too strong?” he asked and I nodded. His smiled widened, making my head swoon because of his cuteness, “Can I have it?” I gave him another nod in agreement.

None of us talked for a while. Seunghyun treated us for another round of cakes and pastries and this time, milkshakes that I was able to drink . “So….” finally, somebody’s going to talk already. Libby looked at us playfully, “How are you two today?”

Why is she asking when she knows everything? What is she doing?

Silent like he usually is, Seunghyun put down his fork, sipped his coffee and cleared his throat, “Rough, and by that I mean, rocky and muddy rough” he replied, making me look at him. “Windy and rainy as well” I added, receiving a MAN-WINK from him (Man-wink – this is the kind of wink men gives that is amazingly cute and manly at the same time when they agree with you or to compliment you for something good you say or do).

Jiwoo sighed in relief and smiled, “You two should talk” t

Please log in to read the full chapter