The turn down.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Oh my! What is this about? What did he take out of his pocket?

Light headed, I took a deep breath and stared at his hand with something in it. "Seunghyun..." holding him by the arm, I cleared my throat and sighed heavily. "You are making me feel weird" I told him.

The smile on his face widened. "Aigoo.  Yah!  Weird isn't the way you should feel". Anxiety is kicking me hard in the . Didn't he know how exhausting it is to be hanged?

He reached for my hand and kissed it, then stared at me with his good murderous eyes.  "What do you think will I do next? " he asked,  making me totally insane.

If my feeling is right,  he will kneel on one knee, talk cheesily (can be in tears), and ask the four word question. But if I'm wrong... Psh!  How can I be wrong when it's too obvious? 

"You will... " I can't find the right words to say,  because I don't want to sound assuming. 

"I will what? " he asked,  making me want to punch him for being too pushy.  "Can you not hang me anymore?" I said impatiently,  "Not that I'm killing the mood you're making,  I just dont feel like being hanged".

With a deep laugh, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.  He is shaking off his nervousness and I feel like it landed on me for I got nervous all of a sudden. Looking into my eyes, he gave my hand a light squeeze,  "This might be too early,  but... "

My eyes go bigger upon seeing a diamond ring perfecly placed in a glass box.  Breathing normally is impossible,  for my heart feels like it has gone up to my throat in a split second. 

"Seunghyun" I called with tears pooling in my eyes.  "You're... " pointing at him in shock,  "Not proposing, right? " I asked,  hoping for him to laugh hysterically because he succeeded in pranking me.

Don't get me wrong.  I want him to propose to me and not care if he's with a ring or not.  Thing is,  I'm not ready for marriage as of the moment, not when I haven't proven something to myself yet.  There are still a lot of things I want to do that I cannot do anymore once I get married. 

"Fili" he looked shocked.  I bet he's not expecting this kind of reaction from me.  "If I say that I am,  are you going to say yes? "

Here we go with a simple yet difficult question to answer.

It's taking me forever to answer.  He let go of my hand and gave out a heavy sigh.  I can see disappointment on his face, and it's making me feel really bad.

"Seunghyun" I grabbed his hand and placed it close to my heart,  "I'm sorry for making you feel bad.  To be honest,  I have a feeling that you will propose even before I saw the ring. Yes,  it's too early for that,  but believe me,  I will accept it at the right time, because... " with tears rolling down my cheeks,  I his cheek and smiled,  "One of my hardly prayed wishes is to be with you forever"

Why do I suddenly feel like beating myself up? Why do I feel so dumb and heartless?

He gave me a forced smile.  I know he just pulled it out to make me feel good.  Unfortunately, it didn't.

Silence embraced us.  I feel suffocated.

"For some reason I know this will happen" he spoke out all of a sudden,  making me look at him.  He face front, staring at the busy road below.  I did the same,  waiting and wanting him to talk s

Please log in to read the full chapter