The shocking question.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I do too. I do too. I do too” these words kept running in my head. Does it mean what I think it is?

“No” I tossed in bed for the hundredth time, facing the baby monitor that is on once again, “It can’t be” I muttered, while staring at its blinking red light.

Hours ago, I feel like I was inside Seunghyun’s heart when we were in his studio. He shared with me the hidden stories of his artworks and felt every emotion: happiness, sadness, sorrow, pain. Each painting tells a part of his life. And like most of it, his life is in abstract form; hard to interpret and messy. From colorful to colorless, he put his heart in each of them.

“I feel good” I said after stretching my arms and legs as far as I can.

There’s nothing better than waking up without a hangover. The soup that Seunghyun asked the helper to make before I go to bed made wonders. I just hope that my good mood continues till the end of the day.

And because I’m in such a good mood, I wanted to extend it to Seunghyun for good vibes. That is, if he’s not going to get mad at me for waking him up earlier than his usual waking time.

“FOREVER YOUNG! I WANNA BE FOREVER YOUNG! DO YOU REALLY WANNA LIVE FOREVER, AND EVER! FOREVER YOUNG! I WANNA BE FOREVER YOUNG…” I sang, more like shouted in front of the baby monitor. It was kind of annoying with my voice really pitchy. Oh well…

“OH!” I flinched upon hearing a knock on the door. The first person who entered my mind was Hye yoon Unnie because she messaged me last night saying that she wanted to talk. I don’t have a clue on what it is about, but I’m keeping it all cool since I haven’t done anything stupid these past few days, there’s nothing to scold me about, and as if she scolds me.

“SEUNGHYUN!” I froze in place, my eyes big like a Chihuahua’s. It’s obvious that he just got out of bed, in his striped black and white pajama. He’s wearing some kind of ear warmers on his head that’s keeping his hair away from his face. I’m sure, waking up seeing such a beautiful face first thing in the morning is heaven on earth.

“What brought you here?” I asked casually then smiled. Ow, I think I know. Wrong move. I should’ve not wakened him up with my noise.

“Morning” he said and smiled brightly. His puffy eyes are so cute. I can’t help but giggle. “My morning call is effective, huh?” I asked, not nervous anymore that he’ll punch me in the face for being so loud. He stepped closer and pinched my nose, “Yes, it is”. Feeling achieved, I grinned. “Aigoo. Next time, don’t sing anymore, ok? Just shout” he said. Curious, “Why is that?” I looked straight into his eyes and saw my reflection. He sighed heavily, “You ruined my theme song!”

That broke my confidence into bits. Oh well, perfecting it isn’t my goal, it’s waking him up and I totally succeeded.

“It’s still so early to prepare for school” he said after seconds of silence. I gave out a pout, “I’m so sorry”. “Yeah. Be sorry for waking me up” he said and squeezed his way in my room. All I can do is watch him sit on the carpet at the foot of my bed and lay down on it, looking up at his mural with a sweet smile on his face.

I walked over to him and looked down, “Do you want me to leave you alone?” I asked but instead of answering, he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me down next to him. He extended his left arm to the side and patted it, “See it with me” he said.

My heart is beating really fast while thinking of a way to get out of the awkward situation I’m in. Last night, I have already decided not to think of my feelings for him anymore and not think of his g

Please log in to read the full chapter