The Rose Wine.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

What just happened? Did Seunghyun really ask me to make our FAKE relationship, REAL? And, did he really say that he’s in love with me?

Oh gosh. I think I need a glass of wine, just for today. I’m so disoriented that I feel a little amount of alcohol in my system might help me and somehow straighten me up before I go completely mental.

Still in my bed clothes (loose shirt and lady boxers), I head to the mini bar for the first time and pulled out a bottle of rose wine. Hye yoon Unnie’s mornings always start with a glass of it because according to her, it keeps her going throughout the day, and I’m wishing for it to have the same effect on me.

“Aigoo” when I heard her voice and saw her walking towards me, my nerves shoot up all of a sudden. I don’t even know if I can keep what just happened a while ago from her, especially when I’m in bad need of someone to talk to.

Actually, I have a feeling that once I tell her about it, she’ll be so happy knowing about her plans of matching us up. Well, there’s no need for that now because I’ve fallen for her brother without someone building him up and HE, according to him, feels the same way as well. URGH! As much as I want to claim that he really is, I just can’t.

“Good Morning Unnie!” I greeted and embarrassed myself for struggling in opening the wine bottle that she did for me in just a second or two. “You’re just like me before. Did you know that it took me some time to learn how to open a bottle of wine, fast and neatly when I can open a bottle of coke or beer with a spoon? Weird, huh?” she asked and I nodded, “Seunghyun has to do it for me. I remember waking him up in the middle of the night just to open a bottle. He was so pissed one day that instead of opening a bottle, he dropped it on the floor and said “Learn how to do it Noona! Don’t ask me to do it for you EVER AGAIN!” But of course, I still did until I learned it” she is so good in imitating her brother, I’m in awe.

Chilling over a bottle of wine, Unnie and I talked about everything under the sun. I already know why she and Mrs. Choi are so busy these days. They are preparing for the grand launch of their new Pearl Jewelry collection. I rarely see them and whenever I do, they look so tired but in all fairness to them, they still look beautiful. If only I can be as beautiful as them even with stress filling me in.

“Fili” she called after emptying her glass. Her eyes are fixed on mine. One of the many amazing traits that the Choi family has is their ability to express themselves through their eyes. I can clearly see curiosity in Unnie’s, giving me a hint of what to expect from her.

“How close are you and Seunghyun now?” her question stoned me. There are bajillion thoughts running in my head and they are piling up in the most disturbing way. “I know that it’s so random and I can see that you’re shocked by it, but, I’m just so curious” she continued after a short time of silence.

I’m aware that she’s observing us from afar and it doesn’t bother me at all. Gloria told me that she really have high hope that her brother and I are going to click as friends and as lovers, and she’s convinced that there’s a huge possibility of us even getting married. Unnie is moving too fast with this matchmaking stuff that I cannot keep up with.

“Hmm…” thinking of the right words to say is pretty hard, “We are...close….but…” I’m draining my brain to its last drop for something with sense, “Not as close as you think we are” I finally finished. She giggled, “What do you think am I thinking anyway?”

And another question was thrown at me. “Uhmm…” I took a sip of my wine, swallowed hard as if the liquid is a rock solid candy in my throat and I stared at her for a while then decided to empty the glass in one shot instead. I’m not supposed to be having seconds, but I really need to because I’m still too tensed to open up.

Unnie laughed, “Aigoo. Why do I feel like there’s really no need for me to match you guys up anymore?”

The moment I heard this, my heart nearly came out of my mouth. I emptied a half glass in one shot once again, swallowing it hardly then looked at her, “Honestly….” I wiped my mouth with my hand, “I’m not expecting us to be so close”, and I’m loosening up, “Not when he seems to hate me to the core when I first got here. He ignores me most of the time like I’m nothing but a ghost he just doesn’t give a damn about and then out of nowhere he told me that he’s in love with me” I’m pointing at myself and sighed. “You don’t need this anymore” she snatched the bottle of wine away from me, “Go on”

And this is where my heart started nagging. “What’s more shocking is that, he said he has loved me even before I did. Which, in my opinion, is total BS as in bull! Why? Simply because it’s so unbelievable. I mean, c’mon! All he can talk and think about is Jenny. And you know what Unnie? He even asked me to play as his girlfriend to show her that he has already moved on when he really can’t. He seems like dying when he knew that she’s got a new guy. He even have to kiss me because I don’t know –“ I threw my hands out in the air, “Maybe to rub on Jenny’s face that he also got a partner” I paused just to breathe, “I swear, I want to believe him, but it just doesn’t make sense to me. How can he love me when he’s so very much in love with another girl? A girl who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with”

Hy

Please log in to read the full chapter