The "Dead Art"

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“It’s Choi Seunghyun ya’ll!” Jae hee sounded so annoying to the point that I’m close to smacking his face with my bare hand.

Standing behind Seunghyun who is covering half my view, I touched his shoulder, wanting to tell him that he should just calm down and let the douche bag in front of him to be a douche. After all, we’re in school and fighting is strictly prohibited. He’s going to be in so much trouble if he decided to land his fist on Jae hee’s face.

“What do you want?” he asked with a voice so deep, I had goose bumps. I tightened my hold on his shoulder but he didn’t even look at me. He must’ve been killing the guy with his eyes.

Jiwoo moved closer to me, nervous, “We should stop them. I have a strong feeling that they will fight” she whispered in my ear, making me so worried. I met eyes with Woojin who nodded as if he has read what’s on my mind. “C’mon now Jae hee” he pulled him by the arm. “Stay out of this” he threatened him with a strong gaze.

This is insane! How can I stop this?

As if on cue, the bell rang, lessening the tension that has built up in a snap of a finger. I waited for someone to move and walk away but no one, not even my friends did. “I’ll go to class now” I said, unsure if they even heard me. Jiwoo looked at me as if she doesn’t know what to do. “C’mon” I tugged her and walked away. “Don’t look back” I tell her with my eyes straight front, “If they want to fight, let them”.

Truth is, the reason why I left is because I thought Seunghyun will follow me, but he didn’t, which is really frustrating because I don’t know what to do anymore. What can I expect from my aching head anyway? I can’t think right at all.

No one followed. Jiwoo and I reached the front of the classroom, thinking twice if we should go in. Our professor is already calling out names and once she calls and didn’t see us, we’ll be marked absent. Oh gosh. Why is this happening to me? I swore to myself that I’ll do well in school, especially when this only happens once.

Minutes passed and our names were called. The door is already locked, so we cannot go in anymore. What a waste!

“The last thing I want today is to be in trouble, but it seems like I’m destined to be in one” I told Jiwoo after settling on the stairs. She my back gently, “We have our own fair share of troubles. Some we expect, but most of the time we don’t. It , but what can we do?”

Actually, there are a lot of ways to get out of trouble.

Don’t be too aggressive. Don’t look for trouble. The problem with us is we get ourselves into it without the intention, simply by involving ourselves in it even when not needed. Just keep your cool. So what if your enemy is in front of you? So what if he’s being so annoying? When you’re calm and open minded, you’ll not be aggravated no matter what that do. Or if you cannot keep your cool, at least ignore. Think of happy thoughts. Breathe in and breathe out. Meditate if needed.

“They’re here” Jiwoo shook me, snapping me back to my senses, “They’re here” she repeated. Haeun and Soobin are the ones walking in front, tailed by Minjoon. At this point, my heart started racing because I have a feeling that Seunghyun and Jae hee were called to the Principal’s office for fist fighting, and Minjoon, maybe he got involved or something.

“Where is Seunghyun?” I asked them right away. And as if on cue, he comes walking to us, looking pissed and totally out of element. “SEUNGHYUN!” I ran to him and checked almost every inch of him in panic, “Are you hurting? Where did he punch you? Did you throw punches too? Oh my! We should go to the school clinic to have you che –“

“Filipinas Mercado” he called, making me look at him. “What? Let’s go now” I pulled him by the wrist and he didn’t even move an inch, but when he tugged me to him, my body nearly banged on his. “Hey!” he got my attention. Our eyes met and I noticed that he’s smiling, “Seunghyun, are you hurting?” I asked worriedly again. He cupped my face with both hands that caught me off guard, “Yaaa. Are you really like this when panicking? All I know is that you talk too much, but this is very different”

“Huh? I don’t get you” I’m dumbly clueless of what he’s talking about and it’s pissing me off. Seunghyun chuckled and pinched my cheeks, not as hard as he used too, “You’re so cute” he said and my heart banged my chest so hard to the point that I felt like it’s going to jump out of me already.

“Oh!” a gasp escaped from my lips when he wrapped his arms around me. My heart, please be strong. My knees, please don’t give up on me. My body, please don’t melt. My soul, please don’t fly out.

Shivers ran down my spine upon feeling his lips on my shoulder. Butterfly kisses are every woman’s weakness. I’m short of breath inside his arms, it’s so alarming.

“Seems like you really love me” the moment I heard him whisper these words to me, I felt cold. My head is killing me in pain and my sight got blurry.

I wonder what will happen to me once he says that he loves me too. Am I going to jump on the bandwagon and shed off my inhibitions, confusion and worries, or I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear him?

“What are you talking about?” I asked and he pulled out. Looking deep into my eyes, he didn’t respond but I know he’s trying to read me. Too bad, I mastered the art of not being transparent (I fail sometimes).

Randomly, he gave out a wide smile and sighed heavily, “Let’s get out of here. I need fresh air”. Holding my hand, he led me down the stairs without even letting me say goodbye to my friends. I just looked behind and they seemed to be enjoying the short moment they saw between me and Seunghyun.

And we’re off! Next thing I know it, we’re already in the car, looking for a good restaurant to eat in. None of us are talking. H

Please log in to read the full chapter