The Open Field.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi there! This might be too cheesy or boring or lame or these three combined, but please, I beg you, ESPECIALLY YOU (you know who you are), continue reading this.

56 days ago, a foreign girl arrived at our house with a wide smile on her face that at that time I find truly annoying. My family loves her from the beginning and loves her so much more now. Suddenly, my Omma found another daughter who laughs sincerely in every jokes she throws even when most of the time they’re not funny at all. And my Noona, she finally have a sister who listens and talks to her no matter how senseless and random her stories are. I, on the other hand, hated her for the sole reason that I felt like she’s invading our privacy, like a territorial dog who doesn’t want strangers in his territory. Also, I don’t have any choice but to give up my room, the haven I’m used to doing almost everything in, just for her. And because of that, I decided to give her the cold shoulder, a decision my family finds really pathetic (now I admit it is).

I remember the first time I laid my eyes on her. We bumped into each other. I was shocked to see such a sweet and angelic face. Her aura is radiant, something I haven’t seen in a girl for a long time. I may be expressionless during that moment, but my heart is smiling. During her first meal with the family, she openly talked about herself without any filters. She’s got the craziest and most outrageous stories I’ve ever heard.

Days passed and I’m still the snobbish dude she doesn’t have a choice but to live with. Her enthusiasm to everything amazed me, simply because I’m never like that. From there, I started observing her, watching her move in every chance I got. That’s when I saw how wonderful she is (my Noona always tell me about it but I don’t take it seriously). Her sincerity is genuine, her honesty will influence you and her openness will make you feel really special every time she shares with you stories, thoughts and so much more that are only shared to chosen people.

She once asked me how will I know when I’m in love, and I’m telling you, I never expected how honest I answered her. I saw in her eyes that she believed me, which is enough to make me feel so good.

Of course, there are times when I find her ridiculous, like how she always cause trouble for herself. They’re not that serious, but still enough to hurt her (she always bump into somebody and trips, causing her to sprain her ankle), and I swear, during these times, God knows how much I worried for her.

And here comes the extreme shocker,

I, Choi Seunghyun, asked Filipinas Mercado to team up with me by being in a fake relationship. Yes, we are a lie and there’s no reason for you guys to hate on FIli, at all. This is all my idea, I just dragged her to it.

To be honest, it took me some time to admit that the real reason why I plotted this thing is because I want to make my ex-girlfriend (I know you know her) jealous, when all Fili know is I want to show her that I’ve moved on from our break-up. So yeah, I lied to her as well and I hate myself for doing so.

I know that most of you will surely hate me for this, but I don’t regret lying to everyone, though all this time, I felt really bad. If there’s one thing that our small act did for me, it’s not teaching me how to move forward, it’s making me realize how much I missed by only revolving my life to one person who obviously doesn’t revolve hers around me. My eyes opened to the wonders of fun, craziness and love. Three things that I’m aware of but never haven’t really experienced in full swing.

Before I thought, I will never love somebody again, all because my heart is beating for one person only. Neither do I know, I’ll meet someone who is so much different and definitely better than that person. Someone in the name of Filipinas who talks like she means every word she says. A girl who always know what to say to make your bad day good and the heaviness of your heart as light as a feather. A woman who thinks of others before herself. An angel who picked me up from a fall and hea

Please log in to read the full chapter