The angel.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

And it was all real. The fake role that I was playing is not fake anymore. The man I teamed up with is now my real lover. What’s more surprising is I’ve given myself to him in the easiest way a man can get a woman. I must admit, I’m shaken by the fact that it’s a mistake, that I broke my promise to God and to myself, but what’s done is done, all I have to do is live with it and just see what happens.

Nights have never felt longer. With bodies so close to each other, faces inches away, we drifted off to sleep. I want to see him even in my dreams. I want to feel him even in my sleep. Yes, I’m very much in-love, and even though I still have doubts and worries, I’m setting them aside to be able to enjoy everything that love has for me.

*knock knock knock*

No! No one’s knocking on my door. I can’t entertain people right now, especially when I’m too tired to even open my eyes.

*knock knock knock*

“Hmmm” Seunghyun wriggled beside me. He turned to the other side, his back facing me.

*knock knock knock*

“FILI! It’s Unnie! Open up birthday girl!”

OH MY G…..

With my body still so heavy and my soul still out of order, I snapped up. “Seunghyun, wake up” I whispered in his ear. He didn’t seem to hear. “Wake up” I shook him by the shoulder, “Wake up now. Unnie’s at the door” I said, hoping that he’ll wake up already.

“Fili! Are you still sleeping? It’s past seven now! You and Seunghyun should be leaving for school already. Your class starts by eight, right?” Hye yoon unnie is not going to leave until I open the door or at least say something to her, so I cleared my throat while continuously shaking Seunghyun by the shoulder. “I’m up now Unnie! I’ll get to you in a minute!” I called out, “I’m just getting dressed!” I added.

She giggled, “Alrighty!”

Stupid! Why didn’t I say that I’m in the bathroom and I’ll just go to her after? GOSH!

What do I do now? Her brother just won’t wake up no matter how hard I shake him. I have this cruel thought to push him out of bed but cannot do it because he’s going to get hurt for sure.

“Seriously Seunghyun, Hye yoon Unnie is outside and she’s waiting for me to open the door, which I cannot do because you’re here, , on my bed” I told him and right after, he sat up in panic.

“What?” his face is bloated and his eyes are puffy. He still looks awesomely handsome while I’m embarrassed because I know that I don’t look appealing in the morning at all.

Smiling sweetly, “Good Morning” he snapped out of panic and is in sweet mode all of a sudden. I cannot help but smile back, “Good Morning” I replied. “Where can I hide?” he asked, making me laugh for some reason. He laughed as well.

I looked around the room. There are three places he can hide: Closet, bathroom and balcony, and amongst the three, I’ll choose the balcony because Unnie doesn’t go there, unlike my closet where she always barge in to look for clothes whenever she doesn’t feel what I’m wearing. She also brings me to the bathroom to style my hair and do my make-up.

“Aren’t you done yet Fili? I’m so sorry for rattling you, but I have something to give you and it can’t wait for later” Unnie called out.

Seunghyun and I looked at each other nervously. “Come here”, wrapped in a duvet, I walked to the balcony’s glass door and started closing the blinds. “You want me to go out?” he asked in disbelief. He’s just wrapped in a thin blanket. Shamelessly, I removed the duvet around my body and handed it to him. “What are you doing?” he asked, eyes opened widely. I chuckled, “Give me that blanket”. And we saw each other once again, not only in dim lights but in sunlight.  

“It’s freezing out here” he said the moment he stepped outside. I feel really bad, but we don’t have a choice. In serious rush, I kneeled beside the bed and grabbed his shirt under it. I threw it at him and all he can do is sigh. “I love you” I said before sliding the door close. He leaned forward, asking for a kiss. I give him a smack, “I love you too” he replied.

Heart racing, I dashed to the bathroom, wet my hair in the sink, wrapped it with a towel and replaced the blanket with a bathrobe. I don’t smell of soap or shampoo, but this will do.

“Unnie!” I called nervously upon opening the door. She stared at me for awhile and smiled widely, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

Oh yeah! It’s my birthday today! I almost forgot!

“Thank you Unnie!” I said and hugged her. “Aigoo. What took you so long?” she asked while walking in the room. My heart raced once again. I feel like fainting. Casually, “I shaved, that’s why” I answered, making her laugh out loud.

Comfortably, Unnie throw herself at my bed like a little kid. If only she know what my bed has gone through last night, I bet she will not even dare to sit on it. “Weird” she said while hugging one of the pillows. My eyes darted at it.

“” I muttered. “Huh?” she asked. I shook my head, “Nothing”.

“This smells like Seunghyun” she finally spitted out and I was shaken. Sniffing it like a dog, “So weird. Don’t tell me you’re using the same perfume cause I swear, if you are, I’m going to buy you another one for his doesn’t smell appealing for a girl to me”

One thing about Seunghyun that everyone who knows him know is he doesn’t like using musky perfumes and because of that, he uses women scents instead. Before, I always laugh at guys who use women perfume and even tease them for it, but finds it y now and it’s all because of him.

“We are Unnie” I lied. If only she knows that I don’t own expensive perfume of any kind and that I’m only using a cologne that is about to run out already. “Seriously?” she asked in disbelief and I nodded. She shook her head and sighed, “I’ll buy you another scent. This is too strong for a soft woman like you”, and I gave out another nod.

Time is ticking and the longer Unnie stays, the colder Seunghyun gets. He is all I have in mind and I’m praying hard for him not to get sick after this.

“Ah!” she pulled out a small gold and silver glittered box with a cute little ribbon on it from her sweater pocket. “This is our gift for you” she gave it to me and I received it warmly. I’m so touched. It’s been a long time since I received a gift on my birthday. It’s not that nobody cares to give me one. It’s me who tells them not to bother anymore, that I’m good with only a greeting.

“Omma and I worked on that for weeks” Unnie shared, “She even took part in designing it. We have to re-design the pendant because she didn’t like the first. That became a project more than the preparation of the brand’s newest collection, and it’s worth it. I hope you like it Fili”

I’m speechless. Just by hearing her, I can tell that they put so much effort in making this jewelry and I’m on cloud nine.

“WOW!” my jaw dropped upon seeing the necklace. It looks so elegant with a thin gold chain and gold angel pe

Please log in to read the full chapter