THE BEST FRIEND.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Losing friends is one of the saddest and miserable moments in life. It’s not my first time to be left by people who I thought will stick with me through anything, but no matter how many times it happen, it’ll always feel like the first.

My heart is breaking in pieces. I guess happiness is not meant to stay long with me because every time I feel great and something wonderful happens, I’ll get a kick on the by sadness not long after, which , big time.

Well yeah, my friends (ex-friends) and I are not that attached to each other yet for we just met, but we’ve shared pieces of ourselves to each other and connected in another level already. I trust them with the stories of my life, good and bad, and they trusted me. Unfortunately, I ed up, causing them to lose their trust completely, leaving me in so much guilt and regret.

“” I said.

I ran to the restroom from walking out of our classroom as fast as I can and locked myself in the farthest cubicle. Sitting on the closed toilet bowl, I cried hard, like a child who has been bullied in school. If only I can stay until everybody in the university left, I will, just to not get deadly stares anymore. If only I can skip school until this semester ends, I will, even if it means I have wasted a great opportunity that I badly wanted and worked for.

“Fili!”

Seunghyun is calling my name from the outside. He sound worried.

“Fili! I know you’re in there. C’mon. Get out now and we’ll go home already if you want”

Can I just go back to my original home, the one with my family in it? I swear these are the times when all I want is to be with them. I’m missing them badly, especially Papa who is for sure, going to be so disappointed once he knows the stupid things I did here.

“Look. If your friends are breaking bonds with you, them! They are the kind of people who are narrow minded and foolish. If they don’t want to hear you out, let them be! You owe no one an explanation anyway. I know it’s painful Fili, you’re hurt, but if you know you cannot do anything about it anymore, drop it and move on. After all, they are not the only friends you have. There’s Jiwoo, who, by the way, is here beside me. You also have Yong wook and Jin who are welcoming you to the Warhols with open arms”. Seunghyun is talking me out of this the best way he can and in one way or another, it’s working.

“Hey Fili” Jiwoo greeted cheerfully, making me smile. She’s really the most understanding amongst our group. Also, she’s my closest out of all.

“Come out now. Please” Seunghyun pleaded then chuckled, “There are students who wanted to use the restroom but cannot because the door’s locked. The other restroom is a floor away. Do you know how hard it is to hold your pee? I’m telling you, it’s bladder breaking!”

I burst out in laughter. Seunghyun is really going to do everything just to make me feel better and I’m thankful for it.

After a while, I finally decided to come out with my eyes so puffy. “Aigoo”. Jin is the first to see me, followed by the others. “Yaaaa” Seunghyun walked over right away and pulled me for a hug, “Next time, if you’re going to walkout during class, give me a heads up so that I’m not left clueless or just take me by the hand and we’ll walkout together”. He is still fooling around, making me laugh.

“I’m sorry” I said, sounding very apologetic. Jiwoo nudged me, “Apologize to Mr. Song” she said and I suddenly feel nervous.

Yong wook hissed, “Don’t worry about that old man. He’s used to students walking out on him” he said. Jin nodded in agreement, “That’s right! He actually doesn’t mind. I walked out on him twice and he never gives an F about it. No need to apologize, you’re just going to waste your precious time” he added with a wink. Seunghyun hit the two on the head, “Don’t influence her with your lack of manners!” then he looked at me, “Jiwoo’s right. You should apologize to him. If you want, we can accompany you to the faculty office”

What an angel! Oh well, he’s right after all. I should really apologize for my bad behavior. Also, I don’t want to have a bad record of walking out during class, which is not me at all because I’ve never been rude to a professor like that.

Once again, countless pairs of eyes are staring at me. The Warhols and Jiwoo accompanied me to Mr. Song who accepted my apology without any questions and scolding. All he said was, “Do it again and I’ll fail you in my class”.

With Jiwoo, I was able to make it through the day. I don’t know what’s going on between her and our friends, but they are ignoring each other.

“What’s up with you and the group?” I asked curiously while waiting for Seunghyun at the lounge area of the Fine Arts building. She sighed heavily, “I’m not a part of their group anymore Fili”. “What?” I’m beyond shocked. What is she talking about?

I swear to the man above, if her reason of leaving them is me, I will push her back to them and even beg them to have her again. Why? Because they’ve been friends for a very long time when she just met me. Not just that, who will be her friends if once I leave?

“They are really angry at you Fili. They feel betrayed. Well, I felt the same way too but brushed it off because I know

Please log in to read the full chapter