The reunion.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun

It’s her. It is really her. I can easily tell even when she cut her hair short in a bob. Colored it jet black. She’s paler than I remember. Based from the tight dress she’s wearing, I can say that she now has confidence to show her curves. Her charm is still there, but there’s more to her now than before that I can’t point out.

“This is…” Jin, like I am, cannot believe what he’s seeing. Yong wook as he is, is calmer, “Are you sure that’s her? I mean, look at that woman” he pointed at her, “She looks mature compared to Fili”. I smirked, “It’s been two years since we last saw her. There’ll be changes of course”. Jin faced me fully, “The question is, what’s her relationship with Luigi?”

I have the same question as well. By the way Luigi holds her, I can tell that they know each other well. She’s not awkward with him at all.

Yong wook hissed, “Maybe they’re friends” he said “Seriously Seunghyun, this must be fate working on you guys”

Can it be? Well, if it is, I hope it bring us something good. Like, clearing whatever happened years ago. Her, giving me a chance to explain myself and to apologize.

To be very honest, all I want is to go to her, pull her out from Luigi, and take her somewhere we can talk. I want to hold her again. Hug her. Kiss her. The love that I kept for her is slowly unleashing, and I’m sure once it fires up it will make me do unexpected things.

I have another question in mind. Why is it just now that she showed up? Is she planning something? Whatever it is, I’m already relieved. I don’t have to think crazily, like maybe she’s gone ill or is already dead.

“Let’s go” the boys walked towards Luigi and Fili who are now being surrounded by other guests. She seem to know most of them.

“Mr. Russo” they are the ones who called him. I keep my distance while I absorb the fact that Fili is only a few meters away from me. I don’t think she has noticed but she’ll definitely recognize the two boys.

With a wide smile on Luigi Russo’s face, he greeted them. He’s doesn’t look like what I thought he will be. From the pictures I’ve seen of him, he seems old but in person he’s much younger. His hair is perfectly wiped back just like professionals do. His facial features are strong, he might’ve made a lot of women cry in the past. We’re the same height. Same built. And I must admit, we have the same shape of eyes and color.

Odd, but Fili is not shocked to see Yong wook and Jin. She’s actually very calm and collected. Seeing her this close, I long for her more. If only I can grab her and envelope her in my arms again.

“Good to see you guys after a long time!” the way she speaks is different as well. She’s got this confidence that wasn’t there before. The boys both gave her warm hugs. “I…this is…” Jin lost his words. Yong wook is flabbergasted. “Wow! You’ve changed a lot Fili!”

Luigi is now confused, but he’s still playing it cool. And then, “Love, this is Jin and Yongwook, my classmates when I was an exchange student in South Korea”

Wait. Did she just call him “love”?

And that made me feel worse. My excitement turned into sorrow in just a snap of a finger or shall I say just because of one word. All of sudden, I don’t feel like showing myself to her anymore. I want to run away, far from here. Somewhere I can erase this moment and just live like before when I was still looking for her and has no clue on what’s up with her.

“Where’s Mr. Choi?” Luigi asked, and for some reason I saw tension on Fili’s face.

With that, I prepared myself, saying, ‘you can do this’ over and over again in my head. I don’t have a choice but to face her anyway.

Obviously nervous and worried for me, the boys gave me space in between them. As I was walking slower than usual, I can’t help but to stare at Fili who is too cool for the situation we’re in.

“Hi” I extended my hand to Luigi and he takes it warmly. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Choi!” his strong Italian accent is there. I pulled out a smile, “Nice to meet you as well, Mr. Russo. You don’t know how honored I am that you’re here”. And also, you don’t know how envious I am of you for having the girl of my dreams. He chuckled, “I’m the one who should feel honored. I mean…” he looked around “Look at all these wonderful artworks!” then he smiled widely “You’re one of the best and don’t you dare argue with me on that”.

In all fairness to him, he’s friendly and kind. I didn’t feel seniority at all. It seems

Please log in to read the full chapter