The morning call.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

No! Please! Let me sleep a bit more! NO!!!

ARGH!

Why do people need to call early in the morning, like so early, only birds are awake?

“AAHH!!!” I cried in pain. My head is killing me! I feel like it’s going to split in half. Last night was fun, but I swear, I won’t do it again. Well, at least not so soon.

“Hmm” as much as I want to greet my caller whoever he/she is, cheerfully, I can’t, for I’m too sleepy and in pain for it. “Why do I have a strong feeling that you drink your till you drop last night?”

The voice! It’s my,

“ATE!” in just a snap, I sat up straight, cleared my throat and forced myself to function. She’s really my sister, because she knows just by the sound of my voice and the way I talk that I’ve had a heck of a night. If I have a hidden talent by chanting in my head, hers is reading a person, specifically me, so well.

“Uhm…” I’m dead once I tell her that I got so wasted last night. “I…my…”

She smirked, “I’ll take that as a yes”. See? I don’t have to tell her about it for she knows and I can’t lie at all. I have to say, having a sister like her is really nice but annoying at times.

“Seriously Fil, what is going on with you? Last week you were hospitalized. In fact, you just got out. As far as I can remember, the doctor said no drinking and , and here you are filling yourself up with alcohol”. As expected, she’s going to scold me and I kind of missed it because no one here does that. No. Wait. Scratch that. Seunghyun does, but not as worst as my sister.

And it goes on. Gloria lectured me in the most motherly way she know, and by that I mean nagging to the core, like a rapper who speaks so fast and has a lot of words in that has to be spitted out.

“Hye yoon and I talked yesterday” she said after getting tired of “rapping”, sorry, scolding me. “Oh really? What about?” I asked curiously, feeling a bit nervous because she might’ve said something negative. Gloria sighed heavily, “She talked about you, being so kind and lovely. According to her, Mrs. Choi badly wants to keep you and by keep, she’s willing to take you in her house, shoulder your education and make sure you graduate. Isn’t it weird? Mama nearly kicked you out of the house because you’re too old to be in there already” she laughed so hard and I did too.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m a good girl? It’s insane! My own family thinks that I’m an eye sore or a rash, while other people, who just met me, wanted to keep me” I said and she laughed harder.

Guilty! I’m really an at home and I myself don’t know why. Whenever I’m not at home, I behave well, but around my family I’m so different. Maybe it’s because I have to act that way to be noticed or I’m just a legit .

“And” my sister’s tone suddenly changed, “She said that you and Seunghyun are getting so close to the point that she gets suspicious of your relationship sometimes”

WOAH! I never expected Unnie to suspect. I don’t even know how she became suspicious when her brother and I rarely interact in front of her. She hasn’t heard us talk the way we do when we’re alone.

“I don’t know if it’s a good idea for me to tell you this, but I’ll say it anyway since I know I can’t keep it in me for long” she is making me feel giddy and anxious. It’s so hard to contain myself.

Whatever it is, I know it’s something big.

She took a deep breath and exhaled heavily, “Hye yoon asked me if I can help her hook you up with Seunghyun”

Looks like his made-up story about how we met has become real.

Don’t know how to react, I just stayed silent. “Did you know that I laughed so hard when she told me that because of disbelief? I mean, it’s the first time somebody asked me to help hook-up my sister to someone. In all fairness to Hye yoon, she’s very serious in this and sincere. All she can say about you are compliments, that you are changing her brother to a better version of himself, which according to her is surprising because he never gets shaken by anyone, not even their Mother”

Knowing this makes me want to scream in happiness because I never thought that I already did something good to their family, for I really think that I’m just causing them trouble. But I have to admit, Seunghyun is slowly shedding off his old self and little by little, not only his family will notice the changes but every people that knows him, will too.

“And?” my head is once again filled with thoughts. My sister sighed, “I told her that I don’t have much say on men when it comes to you, most especially when you don’t show much interest in them. I even told her about your hook-ups and how it never moves forward. Like a mobile application in free trial”

Great! Now, Unnie will pity me for teasing myself with men and never getting them. To be honest, I pity myself as well, simply because even in love I’m still a failure. If only I can experience

Please log in to read the full chapter