The agreement.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Your what?” Jenny is in total shock. I swear. Her eyes that are perfectly tinted with color almost pop out of its sockets, just like a Chihuahua.

A deep chuckle came out from him, while I try to process everything in mind. If he doesn’t take back his word, I’ll slay him dead. This is too dramatic and most of all, childish for me.

“Fili” he brought my hand to his lips and kissed the top of it, “Is my girlfriend. We’ve been going out for some time now”

WHAT?

Totally wrecked, Jenny walked out with her friends tailing her, leaving Seunghyun and I in the middle of the hallway. As if on cue, he let go of my hand and sighed heavily.

“What was that?” I asked in rage. “Look, if you’re planning on something, don’t involve me in it”

He stared at me as I wait for him to explain what just happened. “Your class will start in a minute. Run to your classroom now if you don’t want another terror professor to write you down on his death list”

SHOOT! My class! How can I forget about it? Worst thing is, I’m starving and with the classroom on the fourth floor, I’m sure to be dead the moment I reach. As much as I want to go ballistic on Seunghyun, I can’t, at least for now. I swear. I’m going to kill him later.

Unfortunately, I didn’t make it to class. Well, I was able to enter the room, see everybody and greet the professor, but he asked me to leave even before I reach a chair, saying that he have a no late comer rule, where late students will be counted as absent for that day.

Raging in anger, I hunt for Seunghyun who is nowhere to be found. The building is so big and I searched for him in every floors and hallways. Stupidity might be hitting me hard, because I didn’t consider the fact that maybe he’s in class.

Alone, for the hundredth time today, I settled outside the building, sitting on the front stairs. Students pass by me every second, some are looking at me as if I’m the newest display in the museum. I hate my first day. I shouldn’t have dressed well for it. But, in all fairness to me, I don’t regret being here. As a matter of fact, I feel like I’m going to enjoy the life of being Ms. Different for a while. I’ve decided to not push myself to fit in. Whatever happens, happen. It is what it is.

“Hi” Dear God, don’t tell me I’m bound to have another confusing and messed up moment. I’m already traumatized with people greeting me. Not wanting to be rude, I looked behind me and saw a girl, probably the same age as mine. “Hi” I greeted back with a smile. “I’m Haeun” she reached out her hand at me and I shook it. “You’re an exchange student, huh?” I nodded, “Yes. My name’s Fili by the way”.

And I’m not alone anymore. Haeun is a petite girl with a flawless white skin and red-ish hair that goes down to her shoulders. She’s wearing a black shirt with the number 1 printed on it that she paired with a ripped denim jeans and slip-on sneakers. I can say that she’s punk-ish looking, but what do I know? She can be a drama student or someone mellow.

“Mr. Lee is really an . He was once my professor and he always asks me to go out of the room, not because I’m late, but because I’m too lazy in his eyes”. We are talking about the professor on my last class for today over sandwiches and chips. She accompanied me to the nearest convenience store to eat, saying that cafeteria food is too healthy. “Lazy?” I asked in curiosity. Haeun nodded and sighed, “According to him, I don’t look interested in anything he teaches and it’s distracting him. Oh well, not that it matter”

Looks like nutty professors are everywhere in the world. Back in my original university, I had about four who are so terrorizing, seeing them will give you chills in a snap. But usually, these people teaches so well, all you have to do is brush off their attitude.

An hour has passed and I’m making a new friend. Turns out, Haeun is specializing in Sculpture as well and she’s also a senior. We have almost the same classes and she’s actually one from the group of girls who smiled at me during Drawing class. I apologized to her for not being as warm as I should be, because I’m too shy and nervous at that time.

“They will be here in a few minutes” she said. We’re waiting for her friends that she says I can be friends with as well. “Don’t worry, they are kind” she comforted me. Maybe she can feel my nerves just by looking at me.

You see, it’s not easy to make friends and of course, trust them. But we’ll see. I have a strong feeling that Haeun and her friends are welcoming and wonderful, for I wouldn’t spend time with her if I find her troublesome.

“WHAT’S UP!” a tall guy, about Seunghyun’s height, ran to Haeun and pushed her like a man. If I were her, I’ll hurt for sure, but it seems like she’s used to it already. “Come! FAST!” she called, shouting.

There are four of them who arrived. One was the tall guy. The other guy is a little shorter and chubbier. A blonde girl wearing a cropped tank and skater skirt followed. Then the last girl who is as petite as Haeun, only with blue-ish-black hair came with the sweetest smile on her face.

“These are my friends” Haeun said in perfect English. If there’s one thing that I’m thankful for, it’s the people speaking in English every time. In one way or another, it makes me feel like I belong. “I’ll start with Minjoon” she punched the tall guy’s arm and he waved at me. “He’s gay, but don’t tell” the blonde girl whispered to me and my eyes go big for he doesn’t radiate gayness at all, unlike the ones in my country. Oh well, they are fun, and I have lots of friends who are gay (lesbians included), so it’s not an issue to me. “And this” she pointed at the blonde girl beside me, “Is Soobin. She’s half Korean-half American, but don’t be fooled by her blonde hair. She had it done just a few weeks ago”. It made me laugh. “Next is Jiwoo” she pulled the girl with blue-ish-black hair close to her “This is the genius of our group. So don’t worry if you have troubles in any subject. J

Please log in to read the full chapter