The bridge.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

How stupid can I be? Why am I screwing things up when I’m already living one of my dreams? I mean, finally, after years of waiting for someone to love me DEARLY, I should definitely relish each moment and treasure it, not ruin it even before it begins.

“Seunghyun” I’m lost for words. I don’t know how to pull it off. “What are you talking about?” my mind is in a disturbing mess again, “I’m sorry for ruining this day for you. I’m so sorry for being so insensitive. I swear, I can’t get why I’m being like this”. Facing him, tears rolled down my cheeks. I’m crying way too many today and it’s alarming because I’ve never been so emotional in my entire life. “Loving someone so much and unexpectedly being loved in return is so new to me. I’m telling you, even with, I don’t know, around five guys who I hooked up with, I’ve never been even close to being in-love to one of them. It’s like, cupid’s arrow didn’t pierce right into me it just passed and scratched me. Or maybe, I can’t see what I’m really looking for in a man in them. Not that I have a clear and official description of my ideal man, but no one hasn’t even gone close”. At this point, I’ve already let my mind give way to my heart, “No one came close” I repeated and touched his hand, “Until I met you”.

Sounding cheesy is the last thing on my mind but it came out naturally, that made him smile sincerely. “Really? I’m close to your ideal man?” he asked in a different tone. I chuckled and nod, “Yeah”.
Interested, “Let’s hear it” he said, making me nervous. Pinching his nose, “Drive us to where you’re supposed to take me first before I tell you about it. We’re causing traffic already” I told him as I was reminded that our car is in the middle of the highway.

Tension lessened, he brought me to the Banpo Bridge. The beauty of the lights still awed me even when I’ve seen it before already. I hope to watch the show because one of my important to-do’s before leaving Korea is to see the bridge’s light show.

“If only we got here earlier” I said in disappointment upon seeing the time. We’re fifteen minutes late. What’s more saddening is tonight is the last show for this year (the light show of the bridge starts April till October only).

Seunghyun pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around my waist from the side. He kissed my temple and tightened his hug. “I’m sorry” he apologized. I shook my head and looked at him, “For what?” I asked. “For being so dramatic a while ago. If I didn’t confront you and just drove here fast, we could’ve watched the show”.

It felt weird hearing Seunghyun admit of being dramatic because only a few men will do so. This just prove that he belongs in a different species of man.

An hour passed with us just sitting on the roof of his car, cuddling, while savoring the wonderful scenery. Silence is not deafening this time, it’s even enjoying. I know that we should be talking, but for some reason, it doesn’t seem like it matters. I don’t know, maybe our hearts are feeling each other in silence, a not-so-normal thing for lovers.

On the one hour mark, his phone kept on beeping and next thing I know it, he’s so busy replying to those messages. I, on the other hand, is too dreamy to care.

“Fili” he took notice of me at last. Smiling, I looked at him. He smiled back, reached for my hand and kissed it, “Hmmm” he looked excited all of a sudden I wonder why. “Do you mind if I leave you here for a while?”

“Seriously?” I asked in disbelief and he just laughed. Pinching my cheeks, “I won’t take long”.

Without a choice, I let him go, leaving me sitting on the roof of his car with his jacket wrapped around me for it’s beginning to get chilly. As if on cue, my sister, Gloria, called.

Oh gosh! Here comes the potential witch of my fairytale.

“What’s up Ate!” I said, the moment I accepted the call. There was silence on her end till she burst out in laughter. “Are you obsessed with hip hop once again?” she asked.

“NO!” I answered. “Well…” I swallowed hard and changed my sitting position, “I’m still into it, but not as much as before” I continued. “Then what’s with your happy tone?” she asked, making me nervous. “Nothing” I said.

I can’t

Please log in to read the full chapter